Graham Byrne

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Graham Byrne

Postby Louth4sam » Fri May 04, 2018 8:50 am

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that one or the conditions of Kenny signing up with Dundalk was bringing in a fitness coach. Byrne did an excellent job with the club and the players bought into his methodology and reaped the rewards. Its no coincidence that we only see the best of the players we sign in the second season with us when they are as fit as the others

"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

thecaptain
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby thecaptain » Wed May 09, 2018 1:56 pm

Baffled by some talking down the good Byrne did at the club during his time here, we were yards ahead of the rest of the league for 3 years without even kicking a ball being taken into account. That was never going to last as the other top clubs then followed suit with proper fitness, nutrition, strength & conditioning etc and with him cutting his hours down to a day a week though and us proper full time someone needed in there full time too. Understandbly he couldn't commit given his position in DCU, never mind other outside interests.

Scurrilous rumour now mind that he had a big falling out with one or two players in the weeks leading up to him leaving, not first team starters either. No idea if true or specific names though so take it as rumour!
Ian Foster: (On the expectations level at Dundalk): "That's why you want to be involved in management. If I don't do well I'll do my shopping in Newry!"

Ian Foster: Last seen heading for Newry.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Wed May 09, 2018 3:31 pm

He did a fantastic job and that's an excellent point by LFS that players really showed their peak in the second year. It was also no surprise to see all of the other bigger clubs copy and paste what we did from 2013.

He will be a big loss, there is no doubt about that, however like all clubs, key personnel move all the time and you just have to deal with it and get a replacement in, SK did say in an interview he will be replaced.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed May 09, 2018 6:25 pm

thecaptain wrote:Scurrilous rumour now mind that he had a big falling out with one or two players in the weeks leading up to him leaving, not first team starters either. No idea if true or specific names though so take it as rumour!

If you see it as a 'scurrilous rumour' why give it oxygen by posting it here?
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

thecaptain
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby thecaptain » Sat May 12, 2018 6:09 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
thecaptain wrote:Scurrilous rumour now mind that he had a big falling out with one or two players in the weeks leading up to him leaving, not first team starters either. No idea if true or specific names though so take it as rumour!

Well if you followed your own advice you'd have a grand total of about 10 posts between here and foot.ie Ezeikial! ;p
Ian Foster: (On the expectations level at Dundalk): "That's why you want to be involved in management. If I don't do well I'll do my shopping in Newry!"

Ian Foster: Last seen heading for Newry.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat May 12, 2018 6:43 pm

thecaptain wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:

Well if you followed your own advice you'd have a grand total of about 10 posts between here and foot.ie Ezeikial! ;p

Hey Captain, I didn't give you any advice. I just posed a question to you because of the apparent contradiction of what you posted.

No offence intended - it was meant 'tongue in cheek '
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

EOIN CLARKIN APPOINTED S&C COACH

Postby Ezeikial » Wed May 16, 2018 11:17 pm

Dundalk FC have appointed Eoin Clarkin as the Club’s new strength and conditioning coach.

Eoin is a strength & conditioning coach and sport scientist from Dublin and has previous experience working with UCD and GAA senior footballers Kilmacud Crokes.

More at

http://www.dundalkfc.com/eoin-clarkin-a ... -sc-coach/

Johnnybegood33
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Thu May 17, 2018 12:45 pm

Eoin comes highly recommended @ well qualified for the job. A young man with loads of enthusiasm, worked with
Kilmacud Crokes ( and we all know about the condition of the Dublin team.) Should be a great addition to Dundalk FC. Champions League here we come.

DundalkChampions
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby DundalkChampions » Thu May 17, 2018 12:57 pm

Johnnybegood33 wrote:Eoin comes highly recommended @ well qualified for the job. A young man with loads of enthusiasm, worked with
Kilmacud Crokes ( and we all know about the condition of the Dublin team.)
Should be a great addition to Dundalk FC. Champions League here we come.

Hope he is a success obviously but WTF does the Dublins GAA team's condition have to do with him. he worked with Kilmacud Crokes, a club team in Dublin.

Its like praising Glenmuirs S+C coach for level Dundalk were at.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Thu May 17, 2018 12:59 pm

Important to see the club acting quickly on this and getting a replacement in. Best of luck to Eoin in his new role.

Johnnybegood33
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Thu May 17, 2018 6:08 pm

Kilmacud Crokes have a big history with Dublin teams both in hurling & football. The point being its an excellent recommendation . They have a great history & won All Ireland & Leinster titles.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Fitness levels

Postby Ezeikial » Wed May 23, 2018 2:00 pm

Sean Hoare talking about the fitness levels of the players

http://www.sseairtricityleague.ie/news/ ... s-/id-1713

grayzer
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby grayzer » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:06 pm

He's been sorely missed as I predicted.
In Kenny we trust.

Adam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Adam » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:22 pm

grayzer wrote:He's been sorely missed as I predicted.

Random much?
What the ancients called a clever fighter is one who not only wins, but excels in winning with ease.

Return to “General Discussion”