Dundalk V FCI Levadia Tallinn | Thurs 17 July | 7:45pm | Oriel Park | EL QR1 2nd Leg

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Johnnybegood33
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Dundalk V FCI Levadia Tallinn | Thurs 17 July | 7:45pm | Oriel Park | EL QR1 2nd Leg

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:26 pm

Me to , looking for a few tickets & another few thousand , & I hear it’s not on Tv. I wonder is it on Radio , & we can get sit around & listen to it, like back in the 60s.I would ask the new owners to make some announcement about as SK says “ bloody Oriel Park”, & as it looks like we will be in Europe on a yearly basis , with a view to doubling the capacity & not travelling to Shamrock Rovers ground in Tallaght. 3,000 capacity , goodnight.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Dundalk V FCI Levadia Tallinn | Thurs 17 July | 7:45pm | Oriel Park | EL QR1 2nd Leg

Postby Ezeikial » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:50 pm

Johnnybegood33 wrote:Me to , looking for a few tickets & another few thousand , & I hear it’s not on Tv. I wonder is it on Radio , & we can get sit around & listen to it, like back in the 60s.I would ask the new owners to make some announcement about as SK says “ bloody Oriel Park”, & as it looks like we will be in Europe on a yearly basis , with a view to doubling the capacity & not travelling to Shamrock Rovers ground in Tallaght. 3,000 capacity , goodnight.

Oh Johnny. Please begood!
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:15 pm

Whoah!

Bars will be open before the match in Oriel Park

PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY!
Stephen Kenny and his players really appreciate it when supporters are in the ground early and help create an exciting atmosphere. So please arrive early!

GATES OPEN AT 6.15pm!
Please be in your seat by 7pm. The match kicks-off at 7.45pm.

BARS INFORMATION
Due to a change in UEFA rules, the bars will be open before the match, at half-time and after the match. If you have a shed ticket, you may avail of bar facilities in the YDC building. All bars are open before the game, at half-time and after the match. The bars will close while the game is in progress. The YDC Bar and Lilywhite Lounge will open at 6.15. The Enda McGuill Bar opens at 6.45. The YDC Bar is only open to supporters with a Shed ticket.

More at
https://www.dundalkfc.com/dundalk-fc-v- ... formation/
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:56 pm

For those of you who haven't a ticket.. i was just on the RTE Player live section and it is showing a web exclusive stream of the game Thursday night. Not sure if that is exclusive to IP addresses outside of Ireland. But it might be worth checking out. It is showing a start time of 18.40
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

paul1
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby paul1 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:05 pm

One thing from last week that I noticed was that we were very open they cut through several times early on , we are really going to have to try and be more compact in this tie and hopefully further on in the competition.. A real quality team could have put us in serious trouble early on last week..

Weelilywhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Weelilywhite » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:44 pm

Agree with last post. There has been a common thread in the last games against Rovers, Cork St Pats and the last match where we conceded soft goals or gave the opportunity to the opposition to score. If this persists they will concede soft goals that will be expensive. The goal we gave away last year in Oriel Park against Rosenberg was very sloppy and the defence needs to tighten up and stay focused to avoid a repeat.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:34 pm

John Mountney out with a thigh strain

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:30 pm

Team news

Stephen O’Donnell continues his recovery from a broken leg and remains out as does Stephen Folan who has a knee injury. John Mountney is ruled out with a thigh strain also.

https://www.dundalkfc.com/team-news-vs- ... a-tallinn/

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:53 pm

Dundalk press conference today with Stephen Kenny and Jamie McGrath

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw0ueXpbqgQ

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:37 pm

Extract from that press conference from Stephen Kenny

What other clubs do is irrelevant to us. We’re forging our own identity and we don’t feel inferior to anyone and we never will. Well never go on the pitch and surrender possession and be inferior to anyone. But at the same time we never underestimate anyone either. We understand that we are not at the level that we can underestimate any team in Europe such is the rise in standards through Europe. You have to earn the right to win every game.

Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Wexford White » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:13 pm

Ezeikial wrote:John Mountney out with a thigh strain

Not having much luck, is he?
The Back of the Wall

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:37 pm

He’s not. But there was no reason to take the risk and put him on last Thursday. You could see he was heavily strapped up. SK loves him in Europe but he obviously wasn’t ready.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: RE: Re: Dundalk V FCI Levadia Tallinn | Thurs 17 July | 7:45pm | Oriel Park | EL QR1 2nd Leg

Postby Sneachta » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:07 pm

Ezeikial wrote:Extract from that press conference from Stephen Kenny

What other clubs do is irrelevant to us. We’re forging our own identity and we don’t feel inferior to anyone and we never will. Well never go on the pitch and surrender possession and be inferior to anyone. But at the same time we never underestimate anyone either. We understand that we are not at the level that we can underestimate any team in Europe such is the rise in standards through Europe. You have to earn the right to win every game.
Chalk and cheese comments between him and cauliflower.

I'm not even a player and I feel ten feet tall walking up to my seat tomorrow. MON DE TOWN!!!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: RE: Re: Dundalk V FCI Levadia Tallinn | Thurs 17 July | 7:45pm | Oriel Park | EL QR1 2nd Leg

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:41 pm

Sneachta wrote:

Chalk and cheese comments between him and cauliflower.

I'm not even a player and I feel ten feet tall walking up to my seat tomorrow. MON DE TOWN!!!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

I can relate to this

I recall going into the really big games against BATE, Zenit, Alkmaar and others with absolutely no fear.

It is amazing how belief can spread right throughout the club - all originating from the confidence and belief that SK spreads.

This match cant come soon enough!!

shedboy4life
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby shedboy4life » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:56 pm

At times I do wish SK put more thought into some of what he says but then there’s times like this. Our lads must feel like giants standing in the tunnel before kick off any time SK says stuff like this.
The natural balance of Irish football has returned for good.

Return to “General Discussion”