2019 Home Attendances Thread

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

dell1
Reserves
Reserves

Re: 2019 Home Attendances Thread

Post by dell1 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:01 pm

Half season tickets would be treated the same as full season tickets i'd imagine or where'd be the point.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:13 pm

Chrish wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:22 pm
Club releasing some half season tickets is good to see.

Anyone know if these can be used along with season tickets for early access to european tickets?
Unless my memory is deceiving me, season ticket holders could queue up and buy 1 ticket on day 1 of ticket sales, anyone could queue up and buy 2 tickets on day 2. Presumably half season ticket holders will be treated equally poorly.
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:18 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:13 pm
Chrish wrote:

Anyone know if these can be used along with season tickets for early access to european tickets?
Unless my memory is deceiving me, season ticket holders could queue up and buy 1 ticket on day 1 of ticket sales, anyone could queue up and buy 2 tickets on day 2. Presumably half season ticket holders will be treated equally poorly.
I assume you would restrict people to one ticket each, rather than 2 tickets for everybody? I don't know the exact numbers, but I'm sure there was something about ST holders being around the 1000 mark? In a European game where the away section is not available, that probably leaves a couple of hundred tickets after the ST holders buy 2000 and all the freebies are accounted for.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:45 pm

Double Post
Last edited by Ezeikial on Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:45 pm

oldfogey wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:18 pm
Ezeikial wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:13 pm
Chrish wrote:

I assume you would restrict people to one ticket each, rather than 2 tickets for everybody? I don't know the exact numbers, but I'm sure there was something about ST holders being around the 1000 mark? In a European game where the away section is not available, that probably leaves a couple of hundred tickets after the ST holders buy 2000 and all the freebies are accounted for.
Fair point OF

To directly answer your question - if anyone should be able to buy two tickets where there are such capacity limitations, first priority should be for Volunteers & Season Ticket holders. The lessor of all the evils is to limit everyone to a single ticket each.

Perhaps more importantly, it would greatly help the fairness of it all if tickets could be applied for and allocated in an online/automated manner, rather than being based on people having to physically queue up