Linfield V Dundalk | Fri 8 Nov | 7.45pm | Windsor Park | Unite the Union Cup 1st Leg

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Linfield V Dundalk | Fri 8 Nov | 7.45pm | Windsor Park | Unite the Union Cup 1st Leg

Post by Ezeikial » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:00 am

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Sneachta
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Linfield V Dundalk | Fri 8 Nov | 7.45pm | Windsor Park | Unite the Union Cup 1st Leg

Post by Sneachta » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:08 am

El Paso wrote:Interesting that Carroll said that. Remember Gartland’s interview with Gavin where he criticised fans for wanting the ball moved faster? The slowness of our play has been a feature all season.
The comment he made was when a number of times Dundalk moved the ball into great positions just outside the box after a number of passes but instead of making the through ball pass, the ball was passed backwards away from the danger area. McGrath was the biggest offender of. I'm not taking about moving the ball quickly by hoofing it up and neither was Roy Carroll. The patient build up is understandable but then there is this ridiculousness of not threading a ball through when it's on and passing it back to the centre circle.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:23 am

a lot of people automatically think when someone says “move the ball quickly” they mean back to front fast, long or hoofing. I mean passing it quickly or running with it quickly, rather than dwelling on it so that your only option becomes the pass back to the centre half, which is what we’re prone to do.

Sneachta
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Sneachta » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:06 am

I don't think we are in disagreement here are we?

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:41 am

No, but it read like you thought I was saying we should hoof it rather than be patient and keep possession

Martin Lawlor80
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:15 am

Just saw the goals . That’s some finish by Laverty in fairness

Sneachta
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Sneachta » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:34 am

He's quite the player. Scored goals in Europe, has been capped for NI and only 20. Not that we'd be in for him, or he would even sign for us but he could be a decent championship player. I thought cooper was fairly handy for them also. Hery still got lovely touches, gives the ball away the same as many league of Ireland players but would be a great compliment to shields in the middle for us. He's one that got away from us I think.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:53 am

Andy Boyle post match with Gerry Malone

https://twistedwave.com/audio_files/256 ... cf45a9c2ec
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Pepsi
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Pepsi » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:32 pm

Wonder would the club try to get Lavery in to offer competition for Hoban and Kelly. A very different player to both.....

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:46 pm

Pepsi wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:32 pm
Wonder would the club try to get Lavery in to offer competition for Hoban and Kelly. A very different player to both.....
He is certainly the type of pacey mobile striker that would give us very different options.

He signed a one-year deal with Linfield last summer and has been ripping it up for them so far in both the league and european matches, in addition to being called into the Northern Ireland full squad. At 20 years old he has a bright future and most probably that will be back across the chanel next season

McNultys Discopants
Reserves
Reserves

Post by McNultys Discopants » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:42 pm

Thoughts on last night....

Great stadium, friendly welcome from Linfield in general, smoothly bused in and out, home earlier than a game in Tallaght.

On the game, felt we dominated the ball and would be fairly confident on beating them Monday night in fortress Oriel - McGrath, Mountney & Dummigan poor, thought Boyle had a bit of a 'mare.

Overall enjoyed the game, although our delivery was poor for most of the night, the experience let down by the small minority of our fans intent on trying stir up sectarian hated. Absolute idiots.

Roll on Monday.