Shelbourne V Dundalk Tolka Park Fri Feb 21st

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Shelbourne V Dundalk Tolka Park Fri Feb 21st

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:09 pm

Game day 2 and a massive game away to Shels. Will we go with the same starting 11 or mix it up? Maybe bring in Flores from the start? Will we play Sloggart and Shields? Will Leahy, Hoare or Garts come in? Will be fun keeping the entire squad happy this season.
For those intending to travel tickets for the away end are currently on sale since Friday night. Unlikely to sell out but better to have tickets in hand as opposed to a long queue to buy on the night.
https://shelbournefc.ie/match-tickets/
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Martin Lawlor80
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Shelbourne V Dundalk Tolka Park Fri Feb 21st

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:58 pm

The twitter account of the Airtricity league have interesting ‘Stat attack’ posts showing various information regarding all the teams who played over the weekend. Derry basically had a back 5 formation which corresponds to what VP said about them digging in and being hard to break down. Shels had a very interesting formation for an away game in Cork. They played a conventional back 4 similar to ourselves, quite attacking if you think about it. If they play like that on Friday it could suit us. I’m really looking forward to it. They’ll have a big crowd behind them and be right up for it. We certainly gave up at least 2 really big chances against Derry. Someone like Kilduff could take advantage

Sneachta
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Sneachta » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:04 pm

The likes of shels and Waterford have made shrewd signings this season. I see the former struggling overall though, but midtable finish for them. I think Waterford could nip 4th spot.

On the shels match, I think we will step it up ever so slightly from the Derry match with the hope of more creativity.

Looking back on the highlights of the Derry match, we really were on top especially the second half. I don't see us grinding down shels but I think we can dispose of them. 2-0 for me!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by seand » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:50 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:09 pm
Game day 2 and a massive game away to Shels. Will we go with the same starting 11 or mix it up? Maybe bring in Flores from the start? Will we play Sloggart and Shields? Will Leahy, Hoare or Garts come in? Will be fun keeping the entire squad happy this season.
For those intending to travel tickets for the away end are currently on sale since Friday night. Unlikely to sell out but better to have tickets in hand as opposed to a long queue to buy on the night.
I just bought tickets online, no hassle. Probably worth buying online if you're planning on going, Tolka Park is a hole so god knows how much of the ground will be open- it's possible the capacity is very restricted. We don't want another Tallaght with away fans being denied tickets when there are thousands of empty seats. I feel dirty having an email from Shelbourne Football Club in my inbox, incidentally.

As a matter of interest I had a look at Rovers tickets as that's our next away game..... they're not selling away tickets online by the looks of it. None for Dundalk on Feb28 and none for Cork on Friday coming.

Sneachta
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Sneachta » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:37 pm

I was thinking, will they have away fans in covered or uncovered section? Last time I was there we were covered. Weather is not good for Friday.

Cheers for the heads up. Will purchase on line. Chrischt going to away matches is difficult these days

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:41 pm

Sneachta wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:37 pm
I was thinking, will they have away fans in covered or uncovered section? Last time I was there we were covered. Weather is not good for Friday.

Cheers for the heads up. Will purchase on line. Chrischt going to away matches is difficult these days

As far as I remember the uncovered section is condemned so unusable?
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:15 pm

Article by Owen Cowzer where David Crawley reflects on his time with Shels and looks forward to Friday nights match
David Crawley is a proud Dundalk man but Shelbourne ‘will always be special’ to him ahead of League of Ireland clash
https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/51 ... e-ireland/
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by colymull » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:24 pm

Best for parking lads? I presume any of the wee side streets around Tolka are best?

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:27 pm

colymull wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:24 pm
Best for parking lads? I presume any of the wee side streets around Tolka are best?
Check that they aren't permit only.. Or residents etc.. And colly if it is pay parking there is a great app called parking tag from Google play. I use it all the time in Dublin especially if you are going for a significant period of time all u need to do is check the colour of the zone you are parking in. And even better you're not fishing around for loose change.

Pepsi
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Pepsi » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:41 pm

Might be useful for those travelling to the Shels game:

https://shelbournefc.ie/new-operational ... -for-2020/

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by White Horse » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:53 am

Away section sold out.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:58 am

White Horse wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:53 am
Away section sold out.
Home section still available

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:45 pm

Are we getting all of the away stand in tolka? ... If so then that is a very sizeable travelling support.

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by White Horse » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:36 pm

I understand that away support is limited to 800 tickets. The Riverside stand is being shared by both home and away fans this season, as the new stand (over the changing rooms) has failed a health and safety inspection, due to flood damage.

A Shels fan on another forum posted the following:
"Dundalk have sold 600 afaik, 200 physical ones to go on sale this evening up there."

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:44 pm

James Rogers‏ @jamesdundalk

Shelbourne have a full squad to choose from for tomorrow's game against Dundalk at Tolka Park.

Ian Morris said of Dundalk: “There are ways of picking up results against them.

“We’ll look to nullify their threats and go up to the other end looking to score goals."
https://twitter.com/jamesdundalk/status ... 2806345728