Covid -19

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

User avatar
El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 3832
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:33 pm

Re: Covid -19

Post by El Paso » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:58 am

Is it not kind of amazing that there has been nothing in the media about how clubs are coping financially?

Was there enough money doled out to cover everyone’s wages? Cork were on the verge of insolvency, how are they managing now when gate receipts are their everything? Waterford? Pats?

How come there’s zero talk about how next season is supposed to work? Is it just fingers crossed that everything will be ok again by February? Cos lol.

I’m sure the clubs are thinking about it, but the lack of discussion is amazing.

Online
Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1402
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:46 pm

Re: Covid -19

Post by Shoco » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:32 pm

So 200 fans in grounds that can normally accommodate 5000 spectators. 100 fans at smaller venues

Anyone know what the official capacity is? thought it was around 4500 myself

Sneachta
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:01 pm

Re: Covid -19

Post by Sneachta » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:37 pm

There's no definite guide whether that is solely supporters or its back to the "staff and media" cohort.

It excludes Dublin

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk


Pepsi
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 470
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:21 pm

Re: Covid -19

Post by Pepsi » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:47 pm

Sneachta wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:37 pm
There's no definite guide whether that is solely supporters or its back to the "staff and media" cohort.

It excludes Dublin

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk
https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2020/0915/ ... for-sport/
As per the Level 2 guidelines, the Government confirmed that crowds of 200 will now be allowed attend matches at venues with a capacity which exceeds 5,000. The 200 spectators limit does not include players, management, staff, officials or media. Venues that do not hold 5,000 can allow in 100 spectators.

User avatar
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 6439
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:47 pm
Location: dundalk
Contact:

Re: Covid -19

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:28 pm

Let's see how they organise this.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

User avatar
El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 3832
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:33 pm

Re: Covid -19

Post by El Paso » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:30 pm

If Dublin, which is at level 2 and a bit, hits Level 3 in this new system that’s the League cancelled I would reckon. 400 cases today, and no mitigation the last couple of weeks, it would seem pretty likely too.

Sneachta
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:01 pm

Re: Covid -19

Post by Sneachta » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:54 pm

El Paso wrote:If Dublin, which is at level 2 and a bit, hits Level 3 in this new system that’s the League cancelled I would reckon. 400 cases today, and no mitigation the last couple of weeks, it would seem pretty likely too.
Elite sports can continue in level 3 but behind closed doors

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/ad569-level-3/#sports

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk


User avatar
El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 3832
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:33 pm

Re: Covid -19

Post by El Paso » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:37 pm

My God that's worded terribly.

"No matches or events to take place. Exemption: literally hundreds of matches/events may take place"

Sneachta
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:01 pm

Re: Covid -19

Post by Sneachta » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:40 am

Well now EP, no, it's clear. The only exception is elite/professional sport. So....no games in bellurgan or glenmuir or the clans field. Only professional/elite, ie, Leinster v Munster, Dundalk v rovers Louth v Leitrim (is that elite?) etc.

We could get into a debate about politics, but I'm not buying into the chaos/crisis/circus/clarity mob. I'm no FF/FG supporter by a long shot but these are the "guidelines". Yes we're all sick of them, but they are clear, to me anyway. The problem is enforcement. It's easy to enforce the easy targets of general exercise and sport, but pubs, here in Dublin anyway, is a f***in joke. The clamour for "pubs is not the cause prove it" brigade is a straw man argument. All you have to do is take a cycle through D6 to D8 on a Monday/Tuesday evening and there are plenty of pints/cans being had in public view, with no food being consumed or social distancing. Speaking to the ould lad, it's rife through the town as well, even during the original lock down, there were boys tappin on pub windows as if they were lookin for a pint of a Sunday morning.

The government HAVE to do something, to keep things moving, and open, for people's sanity and livelihoods but RECOMMEND to people how they should go about their daily business in order to keep them safe and the creaking health service in check.

My apologies, rant over. And to be clear, I'm not taking aim at you or anyone personally here EP, I just personally feel, it's clear to me. Similarly the return to school guidance, it's clear. How it can be achieved is another ball game and teachers and unions love to give out (the wife's a teacher by the way so I fully support her).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk


User avatar
seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2002 12:35 pm
Location: D'Shed

Re: Covid -19

Post by seand » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:55 am

Sneachta wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:40 am
Well now EP, no, it's clear. The only exception is elite/professional sport. So....no games in bellurgan or glenmuir or the clans field. Only professional/elite, ie, Leinster v Munster, Dundalk v rovers Louth v Leitrim (is that elite?) etc.

We could get into a debate about politics, but I'm not buying into the chaos/crisis/circus/clarity mob. I'm no FF/FG supporter by a long shot but these are the "guidelines". Yes we're all sick of them, but they are clear, to me anyway. The problem is enforcement. It's easy to enforce the easy targets of general exercise and sport, but pubs, here in Dublin anyway, is a f***in joke. The clamour for "pubs is not the cause prove it" brigade is a straw man argument. All you have to do is take a cycle through D6 to D8 on a Monday/Tuesday evening and there are plenty of pints/cans being had in public view, with no food being consumed or social distancing. Speaking to the ould lad, it's rife through the town as well, even during the original lock down, there were boys tappin on pub windows as if they were lookin for a pint of a Sunday morning.

The government HAVE to do something, to keep things moving, and open, for people's sanity and livelihoods but RECOMMEND to people how they should go about their daily business in order to keep them safe and the creaking health service in check.

My apologies, rant over. And to be clear, I'm not taking aim at you or anyone personally here EP, I just personally feel, it's clear to me. Similarly the return to school guidance, it's clear. How it can be achieved is another ball game and teachers and unions love to give out (the wife's a teacher by the way so I fully support her).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk
Isn't that level 3 you're talking about? As far as I can see no county is at level 3, even Dublin, which has some more restrictions but not even to the level of the recent Kildare-Offaly-Laois lockdown.

From Dundalk FC point of view I'm guessing there's no way we're going to convince anyone that the capacity of Oriel is 5,000 with c 3,500 seats. We might get 100 fans in per game for the rest of the season if we're lucky

User avatar
seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2002 12:35 pm
Location: D'Shed

Re: Covid -19

Post by seand » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:57 am

seand wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:55 am
Sneachta wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:40 am
Well now EP, no, it's clear. The only exception is elite/professional sport. So....no games in bellurgan or glenmuir or the clans field. Only professional/elite, ie, Leinster v Munster, Dundalk v rovers Louth v Leitrim (is that elite?) etc.

We could get into a debate about politics, but I'm not buying into the chaos/crisis/circus/clarity mob. I'm no FF/FG supporter by a long shot but these are the "guidelines". Yes we're all sick of them, but they are clear, to me anyway. The problem is enforcement. It's easy to enforce the easy targets of general exercise and sport, but pubs, here in Dublin anyway, is a f***in joke. The clamour for "pubs is not the cause prove it" brigade is a straw man argument. All you have to do is take a cycle through D6 to D8 on a Monday/Tuesday evening and there are plenty of pints/cans being had in public view, with no food being consumed or social distancing. Speaking to the ould lad, it's rife through the town as well, even during the original lock down, there were boys tappin on pub windows as if they were lookin for a pint of a Sunday morning.

The government HAVE to do something, to keep things moving, and open, for people's sanity and livelihoods but RECOMMEND to people how they should go about their daily business in order to keep them safe and the creaking health service in check.

My apologies, rant over. And to be clear, I'm not taking aim at you or anyone personally here EP, I just personally feel, it's clear to me. Similarly the return to school guidance, it's clear. How it can be achieved is another ball game and teachers and unions love to give out (the wife's a teacher by the way so I fully support her).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk
Isn't that level 3 you're talking about? As far as I can see no county is at level 3, even Dublin, which has some more restrictions but not even to the level of the recent Kildare-Offaly-Laois lockdown.

From Dundalk FC point of view I'm guessing there's no way we're going to convince anyone that the capacity of Oriel is 5,000 with c 3,500 seats. We might get 100 fans in per game for the rest of the season if we're lucky

Sneachta
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:01 pm

Re: Covid -19

Post by Sneachta » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:09 am

seand wrote:
seand wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:55 am
Sneachta wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:40 am
Well now EP, no, it's clear. The only exception is elite/professional sport. So....no games in bellurgan or glenmuir or the clans field. Only professional/elite, ie, Leinster v Munster, Dundalk v rovers Louth v Leitrim (is that elite?) etc.

We could get into a debate about politics, but I'm not buying into the chaos/crisis/circus/clarity mob. I'm no FF/FG supporter by a long shot but these are the "guidelines". Yes we're all sick of them, but they are clear, to me anyway. The problem is enforcement. It's easy to enforce the easy targets of general exercise and sport, but pubs, here in Dublin anyway, is a f***in joke. The clamour for "pubs is not the cause prove it" brigade is a straw man argument. All you have to do is take a cycle through D6 to D8 on a Monday/Tuesday evening and there are plenty of pints/cans being had in public view, with no food being consumed or social distancing. Speaking to the ould lad, it's rife through the town as well, even during the original lock down, there were boys tappin on pub windows as if they were lookin for a pint of a Sunday morning.

The government HAVE to do something, to keep things moving, and open, for people's sanity and livelihoods but RECOMMEND to people how they should go about their daily business in order to keep them safe and the creaking health service in check.

My apologies, rant over. And to be clear, I'm not taking aim at you or anyone personally here EP, I just personally feel, it's clear to me. Similarly the return to school guidance, it's clear. How it can be achieved is another ball game and teachers and unions love to give out (the wife's a teacher by the way so I fully support her).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk
Isn't that level 3 you're talking about? As far as I can see no county is at level 3, even Dublin, which has some more restrictions but not even to the level of the recent Kildare-Offaly-Laois lockdown.

From Dundalk FC point of view I'm guessing there's no way we're going to convince anyone that the capacity of Oriel is 5,000 with c 3,500 seats. We might get 100 fans in per game for the rest of the season if we're lucky
I think the original point was, if it goes to level 3, the league will be cancelled, which will not happen based on these guidelines

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk


User avatar
El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 3832
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:33 pm

Re: Covid -19

Post by El Paso » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:32 pm

I had seen a graphic the Irish Times produced, which they have since amended. It just had ‘no matches’.

Anyway, the exemption line includes ‘club championship’.

It doesn’t specify GAA, but presumably that’s what it means. Or does it include club rugby? You can try telling me a Junior C club championship hurling match in Roscommon is ‘elite sport’. But it isn’t.

So, yes, saying “no matches”. Then adding an exemption for “elite sport”, then allowing an exemption for all levels of an amateur sport, is *wording* it terribly.

Sneachta
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:01 pm

Re: Covid -19

Post by Sneachta » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:50 pm

I saw that yesterday on Twitter from the Irish times and highlights the Irish times journalists inability to read. A number of people corrected them on a couple of things on that graphic on Twitter. I've not seen the amended version. I've calmed down now, so I can see where you're coming from and I would be lying if I didn't feel confused at some point during this entire restrictions/recommendations process.

In light of all of this and to move it to a Dundalk context, it's unlikely that oriel park will see supporters as already pointed out.

PS if annaghminonon rovers v dowdallshill is considered an elite match.... Then pack the bags I'm outta here. It would vindicate what you are saying EP

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk


User avatar
El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 3832
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:33 pm

Re: Covid -19

Post by El Paso » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:30 pm

Turns out government have gone against NPHET advice to keep crowds limited to 50

Post Reply