Inter Club Escaldes V Dundalk | Thurs 17 Sept | 6.30pm | Estadi Communal Stadium, Andorra | Europa League 2nd QFR

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Robbiedundalk2
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Inter Club Escaldes V Dundalk | Thurs 17 Sept | 6.30pm | Estadi Communal Stadium, Andorra | Europa League 2nd QFR

Post by Robbiedundalk2 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:04 pm

Robbiedundalk2 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:48 pm
Team predictions or what o would like
McCarey
Gannon Gartland Boyle Leahy
Shields Sloggett
Kelly Fats Duffy
Hoban
With Fats not making it I would replace him Colovich. Can’t wait for the game, felling optimistic

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Inter Club Escaldes V Dundalk | Thurs 17 Sept | 6.30pm | Estadi Communal Stadium, Andorra | Europa League 2nd QFR

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:17 pm

Robbiedundalk2 wrote:
Robbiedundalk2 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:48 pm
Team predictions or what o would like
McCarey
Gannon Gartland Boyle Leahy
Shields Sloggett
Kelly Fats Duffy
Hoban
With Fats not making it I would replace him Colovich. Can’t wait for the game, felling optimistic
I reckon Patching will play in the position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:37 pm

Inter Escaldes boss Adolfo Baines on Dundalk FC

https://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/hom ... lk-fc.html
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:29 pm

Team news

Patrick Hoban took part in full training this week and is available for selection after missing the last two matches but Patrick McEleney, Dane Massey and Josh Gatt have not made the trip due to injury.

“Josh was sick during the week with a cold and we decided not to bring him and Patrick has a minor injury and we didn’t feel it was necessary to take a risk with him,” explained Giovagnoli.

“Unfortunately, Dane has a more important injury but he is a strong guy and will recover, hopefully it’s quickly.”
How can I follow it?

The match kicks off at the time of 7.30 p.m. local time which equates to 6.30 p.m. Irish time on Thursday evening at the Estadi Communal in Andorra and we will be carrying updates on official social media streams – @DundalkFC on Twitter, Dundalk FC on Facebook and dundalkfc_ on Instagram also. Post-match reaction will be available on all streams, as well. We will provide you with pre-match, in-play and post-match updates from the evening’s action.

The match will also be available to stream free of charge on our facebook page and also laola1.at.
https://www.dundalkfc.com/team-news-vs-inter-descaldes/
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:11 am

Andrew Dempsey on extratime.ie takes a predictably negative slant on tonights match - I suspect that the hopes of all involved are slight more elevated that the bould AD suggests

C'mon da town
Dundalk will be hoping to avoid a potentially humiliating Europa League exit when they take on Andorran side Inter Club d’Escaldes in the Europa League second qualifying round (kick-off is 6.30pm on Thursday evening).
https://www.extratime.com/articles/2567 ... --dundalk/

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:11 am

Andrew Dempsey on extratime.ie takes a predictably negative slant on tonights match - I suspect that the hopes of all involved are slight more elevated that the bould AD suggests

C'mon da town
Dundalk will be hoping to avoid a potentially humiliating Europa League exit when they take on Andorran side Inter Club d’Escaldes in the Europa League second qualifying round (kick-off is 6.30pm on Thursday evening).

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by seand » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:54 am

Ezeikial wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:11 am

C'mon da town
Now be fair Ez, presumably Mr Dempsey goes to work with the professional ambition to avoid humiliation, so expects it's the same for the rest of us.

Carrick_Road
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Carrick_Road » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:25 am

Turns out it was Fats I saw in Blackrock. Given himself and Massey miss the game the team I would go with (given all are fully fit)

McCarey
Gannon Boyle Hoare Leahy
Shields
Oduwa Sloggett Colovic Duffy
Hoban

Rogers has maken too many mistakes for me and McCarey should get the nod.
Back four is self explanatory, Cleary not up to it lately and Gartland again made too many mistakes in Europe for me
Oduwa in the starting XI as anytime ive seen him he is energetic, tricky and I think its exactly what we need in Europe. He hasn't as of yet been given a proper chance to get into a game bar the last 10-15 mins.

Ill go with an optimistic 2-0 win

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:02 pm

seand wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:54 am
Ezeikial wrote:

C'mon da town
Now be fair Ez, presumably Mr Dempsey goes to work with the professional ambition to avoid humiliation, so expects it's the same for the rest of us.
I don’t know anything about him, but my professional ambitions are a little higher than that. I would certainly expect that the team and management have loftier goals tonight.

Btw Daniel McDonnells headline writer says pretty much similar stuff “it’s not inter Milan, so no excuses Dundalk “

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:02 pm

seand wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:54 am
Ezeikial wrote:

C'mon da town
I don’t know anything about him, but my professional ambitions are a little higher than that. I would certainly expect that the team and management have loftier goals tonight.

Btw Daniel McDonnells headline writer says pretty much similar stuff “it’s not inter Milan, so no excuses Dundalk “

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:41 pm

Oduwa hasn’t started either game for FG or come on early as a sub so I doubt he’ll start tonight. He’s another of our signings that’s useless when we’re not in possession, so that would be my guess as to why he might not start. Otoh, maybe they’ve spotted defensive weaknesses Oduwa can exploit.

Similarly, I don’t see Garts getting dropped now after two perfectly fine performances under the new man.

Dessie Gorman
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Dessie Gorman » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:08 pm

Is the game on the radio by any chance?

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:10 pm

James Rogers
@jamesdundalk
·
4m
Dundalk
1 Gary Rogers
4 Sean Hoare
3 Brian Gartland
44 Andy Boyle
15 Darragh Leahy
5 Chris Shields
10 Greg Sloggett
22 Stefan Colovic
16 Sean Murray
7 Michael Duffy
29 David McMillan
https://twitter.com/jamesdundalk/status ... 0266392576

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Duplicate!!
Last edited by Ezeikial on Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Triplicate!!
Last edited by Ezeikial on Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.