2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Post Reply
PaddyCasey
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:30 am

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by PaddyCasey » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:45 pm

Hello folks.

I’ve tried to stay quiet when my name, my company and my business partner's name being dragged through Twitter and other forums including this one over the past while. Mostly positive thankfully but a few short points to follow up on yesterday's entertainment between some bored people on a Friday morning.

Few bits;

- We’re not involved in buying the club, we’re a few quid short at the minute! maybe tonight's lotto jackpot will change that.
- We do have interests in Gibraltar and the USA.
- We haven’t brokered any deal or the sale of any businesses on any side of the Great Lake that separates us with North America. Not yet anyway.
- We are the "ad guys" and the commercial people at the club. Together with some very good people in OP, we’ve collectively made DFC the most successful club in LOI history commercially. The media output has, as always, been a shining light.
- Football. We have our opinions like every other DFC fan but we’ll keep them to ourselves for now.
- I wasn’t with Mike Tracey last weekend. And if I was to share any time with him, it wouldn’t be at Dublin airport but Muscle Beach in LA where I’m sure we’d both fit in a treat!

Have a great BH weekend.

southerncomfort
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 172
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:23 pm

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by southerncomfort » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:50 pm

are you john gill ?

Bob Prole
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 546
Joined: Sat May 29, 2021 12:39 pm

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Bob Prole » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:26 pm

Sorry you had to post Paddy to clarify but you know what no harm you did. Your business has done great work for the club and I for one hope that is business that survives Peak6. I think it’s true the old man has put you in difficult positions you’ve handled well. I also think McAlester’s is a great spot and you personally done great there!!

Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1063
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:32 pm

PaddyCasey wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:45 pm Hello folks.

I’ve tried to stay quiet when my name, my company and my business partner's name being dragged through Twitter and other forums including this one over the past while. Mostly positive thankfully but a few short points to follow up on yesterday's entertainment between some bored people on a Friday morning.

Few bits;

- We’re not involved in buying the club, we’re a few quid short at the minute! maybe tonight's lotto jackpot will change that.
- We do have interests in Gibraltar and the USA.
- We haven’t brokered any deal or the sale of any businesses on any side of the Great Lake that separates us with North America. Not yet anyway.
- We are the "ad guys" and the commercial people at the club. Together with some very good people in OP, we’ve collectively made DFC the most successful club in LOI history commercially. The media output has, as always, been a shining light.
- Football. We have our opinions like every other DFC fan but we’ll keep them to ourselves for now.
- I wasn’t with Mike Tracey last weekend. And if I was to share any time with him, it wouldn’t be at Dublin airport but Muscle Beach in LA where I’m sure we’d both fit in a treat!

Have a great BH weekend.
Fair play Paddy. You shouldn’t have to come on here and defend your business or reputation. Thanks for your work with the club. Hopefully The Unit will continue to partner the club in the future. We might need you guys more than ever very soon.

User avatar
Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4316
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:33 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Louth4sam » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:11 am

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:32 pm
PaddyCasey wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:45 pm Hello folks.

I’ve tried to stay quiet when my name, my company and my business partner's name being dragged through Twitter and other forums including this one over the past while. Mostly positive thankfully but a few short points to follow up on yesterday's entertainment between some bored people on a Friday morning.

Few bits;

- We’re not involved in buying the club, we’re a few quid short at the minute! maybe tonight's lotto jackpot will change that.
- We do have interests in Gibraltar and the USA.
- We haven’t brokered any deal or the sale of any businesses on any side of the Great Lake that separates us with North America. Not yet anyway.
- We are the "ad guys" and the commercial people at the club. Together with some very good people in OP, we’ve collectively made DFC the most successful club in LOI history commercially. The media output has, as always, been a shining light.
- Football. We have our opinions like every other DFC fan but we’ll keep them to ourselves for now.
- I wasn’t with Mike Tracey last weekend. And if I was to share any time with him, it wouldn’t be at Dublin airport but Muscle Beach in LA where I’m sure we’d both fit in a treat!

Have a great BH weekend.
Fair play Paddy. You shouldn’t have to come on here and defend your business or reputation. Thanks for your work with the club. Hopefully The Unit will continue to partner the club in the future. We might need you guys more than ever very soon.
Well said ml80

I think most of the negative stuff that has been posted has been called up and countered. It's a shame you felt you needed to post here to clarify things but kudos for doing it.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

User avatar
Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4316
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:33 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Louth4sam » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:12 am

southerncomfort wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:50 pm are you john gill ?
Post of the week right there
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

User avatar
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 7404
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:47 pm
Location: dundalk
Contact:

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:41 pm

Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

southerncomfort
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 172
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:23 pm

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by southerncomfort » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:54 pm

players love this guy ... a distress flare if ever there was one

User avatar
Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4316
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:33 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Louth4sam » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:10 pm

southerncomfort wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:54 pm
players love this guy ... a distress flare if ever there was one
Very strange to leave so close to the end of the season as we have less than a month left.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1063
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:33 pm

As Wexford White posted , I’m confused
5 games left, owners on the way out? , Director of football on a 4 year contract , rumours on here that Vinny will be gone, more rumours that the players want rid of Vinny?!, OP insiders posting they are not part of consortium, staring a relegation . Who knows what to believe
What the FCUK is going on??

User avatar
BigChief
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:38 pm

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by BigChief » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:30 pm

Neil ORiordan in the Sun saying Bohs hope to sign Dummigan..

Same article also says Rovers & Shels are after Whelan and Kerrigan from UCD, 2 young players you would have hoped Dundalk might be chasing, but sure we cant even offer our own players deals never mind anyone else.

Richie87
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:11 pm

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Richie87 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:53 pm

Andy Lyons is.expected to move to England in January, they'd be looking at Dummigan as a replacement.

Some talk that Glentoran want Sean Murray. He lives in the North which would add to the appeal.

User avatar
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 8040
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:08 pm
Location: Iúr Cinn Trá & Ath Cliath

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by mike » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:11 am

I would think things will be changing very quickly for contracts after last nights big big news. Bohs were looking at Dummingan and a few others, so hopefully the timing for once will suit us in getting who we want re-signed.

I would say the new guys have a solid list now on who we want to recruit also, and hopefully the days of wasting silly money on likes of Han and Zahibo are gone, if reports are correct on their wages, just imagine the quality we can recruit on replacements.

Abibi and Sonni have got to go also, thats the first 4 out the door in my book with Han and Zahibo.

Hoban / Murray / Sloggett / Dummingan / Ravis / Leahy / Cleary / Stanton are all certs in my view to keep and on 2 year deals mins, but you don't always get what you want and even with the news, maybe one or two will move on, but amazing the lift 24 hours give you, if I was posting this on Wed am, I would have been very pessimistic.

Patching, I would love to keep, but can he still be enticed to remain even with the new set up.

Kelly / McMillan and a few others may need to consider how things go, but from the first 8 I listed, thats a good backbone with Boyle already signed, and get in 5-6 quality new signings, we have a makings of a good team to challenge for the title, and why not?

Momentum will be building by the week now, perfect timing to end a season too.

EDIT, I wouldn't rule out Gartlan also in some form, coming back from a bad injury, but I think he's worth a deal also, maybe he might want to move to coaching.

As for the manager, who knows, there are positives for Vinny, although along with others he did make a few mistakes, sticking with Abibi for me was the biggest one, but we have to ask who else is better and available at the minute? I`m sure the new group will be sitting down with him as soon as the Derry game is over but at the same time they might also have a few other options. Its hard to tell.
Last edited by mike on Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4559
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:27 pm

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:33 am

Strong rumours that Patching, Cleary and Sloggett have already agreed deals with Derry but of course things can change. For Cleary and Sloggett it would mean moving North which may be in Dundalks favour.

McMillan for me is one to let go. 33 in a few weeks and has had his fair share of injuries recently. Young blood to keep Pat on his toes.

Raivis I would keep but if you're talking contract + accommodation then there is probably better value around - Jimmy Browne maybe.

Are the better players going to sign not knowing who the manager is?

User avatar
seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 3076
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2002 12:35 pm
Location: D'Shed

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by seand » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:12 pm

Priority for me to retain: Hoban..... Cleary..... Dummigan and Sloggett.... Leahy, Stanton, Patching.

Post Reply