Limerick V Dundalk | Fri 19 May | 7.45pm | Markets Field

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Limerick V Dundalk | Fri 19 May | 7.45pm | Markets Field

Postby Ezeikial » Tue May 16, 2017 8:12 pm

Although the switch from the originally scheduled Saturday night to the normal Friday night may not have suited everyone who was planning the trip, there should still be good numbers making this trip.

It's also another opportunity to take another step towards the form that we all hope is within this team.

Limerick have been hit and miss and if we play anywhere near the level we showed in the second half against Sligo we should take 3 points. However if we play to the first half form, it could be a long road home.....

In particular I would love to see McEleney start to reproduce his early season form.

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Limerick V Dundalk | Fri 19 May | 7.45pm | Markets Field

Postby mike » Wed May 17, 2017 12:06 am

Interesting if he continues with McGrath on the left and Duffy on the right, it worked very well in the second half v Sligo. I'd also be tempted to go with O'Donnell & Benson in the middle, maybe leave Shields out for this one, he hadn't a great first half v Sligo but he improved second half. Maybe he is still carrying an injury.

Also I'd start Gannon over Vemmelund.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed May 17, 2017 9:14 pm

Limerick Leader interview with Brendan Clarke of Limerick

Limerick FC seek to improve home form as Dundalk visit
GOALKEEPER BRENDAN CLARKE SAYS TEAM 'HAS TO WIN MORE HOME GAMES'

LIMERICK FC’S home form is a matter of concern for goalkeeper Brendan Clarke ahead of the arrival of SSE Airtricity League champions Dundalk to the Markets Field on Friday.

The Super Blues have won just two of their seven home games this season – one of which was the 5-1 opening day win over Sligo in February.

“We have to try and win more home games,” said Clarke, who joined Limerick from St Pats in December.

“It hasn’t been great and we need to address that if we want to get where we want to go we need to address it and start picking up more wins at home,” emphasised the goalkeeper, who has replaced Freddy Hall as Limerick’s No1.

Clarke insists that patience can stand to Limerick.

”It’s important that everyone together as a group; players, staff and fans realise that if you are not winning after half an hour, or 70-minutes, not to jump to conclusions that we are not going to win the game – we have shown up in Tallaght and here (Derry City game) that the games go to 90-93/94 minutes and it doesn’t matter when you score the winner,” he said.

Limerick have four 1-1 draws and a defeat in their last five league games, but Clarke remains confident.

”This is probably one of the best squads that I have been involved in – I am five months into my stay here. We have a lot of spirit and we need to realise that at home and start taking games to teams and really push-on and win games,” he said.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/sport ... visit.html
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed May 17, 2017 9:16 pm

Former Blackpool boss Neil McDonald set to manage Limerick FC
APPOINTMENT TO BE CONFIRMED AT MARKETS FIELD PRESS BRIEFING ON THURSDAY

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/sport ... m=facebook

Dundalk Wolf
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Dundalk Wolf » Wed May 17, 2017 9:17 pm

Limerick are set to unveil Neil McDonald as their new manager tomorrow, just in time for the visit of the Champions.

The former Newcastle & Everton player has spent most of his career since as a coach, most notably with Sam Allardyce at Bolton, Blackburn & West Ham and most recently as assistant manager at Hull City.

He's managed Carlisle, Swedish side Ostersunds and most recently Blackpool in 2015/16, when they got relegated to League Two.

Obviously he won't have time to do anything with the team for tomorrow, but there's always the possibility of the bounce factor as players up their game to impress the new boss.

Tough game in store, but fingers crossed our second half form vs Sligo can carry forward and see us over the line in this one.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingn ... 90116.html

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Thu May 18, 2017 1:37 pm

I see Buttimer is the 4th official tomorrow night.

And Shaun Kelly is suspended for Limerick.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu May 18, 2017 11:10 pm

Team news

Stephen Kenny will once again be without the injured Steven Kinsella who has a hamstring injury while Brian Gartland will likely miss out with his nerve issue although he has resumed training. Chris Shields and Niclas Vemmelund are nursing groin injuries however they will be fit to play on Friday. Shane Grimes played his first match in over six months on Monday as he completed his comeback from the hamstring tear he sustained last October against St. Patrick’s Athletic. Sean Gannon returned from an ankle injury on Monday against Thomastown United playing 90 minutes while last Friday Robbie Benson made a welcome appearance after a hamstring tear also and has shown no ill effects.

http://www.dundalkfc.com/team-news-vs-limerick-2/

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Fri May 19, 2017 8:11 am

If the website Team News is a full reflection of the injury situation, there are probably only a few calls to be made:

In defence it is any 3 from 4 between Gannon, Vemmelund, Barrett and Hoare

In midfield it is likely to be O'Donnell over Shields or Clifford in the holding role subject to all being full fit.

Interesting to see that Mountney is not named on the injury list - presumably he will be in the match day squad then....

----------------------Rogers----------------
Vemmelund---Barrett---Hoare---Massey
----------O'Donnell-----Benson------------
Duffy---------McEleney-----------McGrath
--------------------McMillan-----------------

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Fri May 19, 2017 8:54 am

I'd go with something similar, but I`d put Gannon straight in at right full. He might go with Vemmelund over Barrett, but I`m thinking he might stick with the current two in the middle while Gartland remains not fully fit.

Mountney seems to have fallen right out of favour.

--------------Rogers----------------
Gannon---Barrett---Hoare---Massey
----------------McMillan-----------------

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby colymull » Fri May 19, 2017 5:04 pm

mike wrote:I'd go with something similar, but I`d put Gannon straight in at right full. He might go with Vemmelund over Barrett, but I`m thinking he might stick with the current two in the middle while Gartland remains not fully fit.

Mountney seems to have fallen right out of favour.

--------------Rogers----------------
Gannon---Barrett---Hoare---Massey
----------------McMillan-----------------

I've heard from a reasonably reliable source that Mountneys "social life" has gone too far and SK wants rid of him.
King Kenny!

Sneachta
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Sneachta » Fri May 19, 2017 7:17 pm

Its his groin on another thread. Unless his groin is contributing to his social life!! Who km knows

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

holidaysong
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby holidaysong » Fri May 19, 2017 7:59 pm

boixos nois
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby boixos nois » Fri May 19, 2017 8:48 pm

A
Last edited by boixos nois on Sun May 21, 2017 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

punkha
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby punkha » Fri May 19, 2017 9:18 pm

boixos nois wrote:According to LOI Transfers on twitter, Mountney has been disciplined by club and could be up for transfer. What's that all about?

The rumours are that his social life mentioned above resulted in him doing something he shouldn't have.
These are only rumours of course but his continued absence from the squad can only add fire to these.

boixos nois
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby boixos nois » Fri May 19, 2017 9:33 pm

punkha wrote:
boixos nois wrote:According to LOI Transfers on twitter, Mountney has been disciplined by club and could be up for transfer. What's that all about?

The rumours are that his social life mentioned above resulted in him doing something he shouldn't have.
These are only rumours of course but his continued absence from the squad can only add fire to these.

Yes sorry I missed Collymull's post above.

Mountney once queued behind me in Costa and ordered a green tea which I was quite impressed by!!!
He's always in the gym so I wouldn't have put him down as one who would go overboard but I suppose we don't know the whole story.
Anyway 2-0 so onwards and upwards. I see the Drogs are embarrassing themselves in Cork. No doubt they'll raise their game for us

Return to “General Discussion”