St Pats Ath V Dundalk | Fri 26 May | 7.45pm | Richmond Pk

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

St Pats Ath V Dundalk | Fri 26 May | 7.45pm | Richmond Pk

Postby Ezeikial » Thu May 25, 2017 4:41 pm

Is it time to ring some changes or is consistency of selection the correct approach?

Maybe Jamie McGrath in at No 10, with Stephen Kinsella coming in on the wing, if fit.

Perhaps Gannon returning at right back with Vemmelund moving to centre back?

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Johnny Guitar
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: St Pats Ath V Dundalk | Fri 26 May | 7.45pm | Richmond Pk

Postby Johnny Guitar » Thu May 25, 2017 6:31 pm

Ring in the changes? We are unbeaten in 3 matches scored 7 goals and conceded none. Next week is the break and that should be the time to tweek a few things imo
Stephen Kenny's Black & White Army

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu May 25, 2017 9:05 pm

Team news

Stephen Kenny will once again be without the injured Brian Gartland (hamstring), Shane Grimes (muscle) and John Mountney (groin) with Steven Kinsella looking to make the squad after recovering from a hamstring injury.

http://www.dundalkfc.com/team-news-vs-s ... thletic-3/
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Thu May 25, 2017 9:26 pm

We've had hardly any consistency of selection all season. I think he has to focus on getting a settled 11 that works well together with minimal changes. It's a tough one in that you don't want anyone getting too comfortable and thinking they're undroppable.

At this stage (bearing in mind the injuries) my preferred 11 is:
Rogers
Gannon Vemmelund Hoare Massey
Shields Benson
Duffy McEleney McGrath
McMillan
with Stewart coming in for someone in the front 4 if we're having a night like the other night.

Alternatively O'Donnell in for McGrath / Duffy and a switch to 4-3-3 if we're under pressure in the middle (which is what I'd be aiming for in the European matches). O'Donnell needs to be minded.

For the moment Clifford, Barett and Kilduff should be benched. I like Paddy but he's contributing too little in possession and the best way out of our funk is to play more football, faster.

Admittedly I know very little about Kinsella.
There's only one word for that - magic darts...

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Fri May 26, 2017 8:48 pm

Scores mostly going our way tonight so far. Great goal apparently and well on top. Keep it up lads.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Fri May 26, 2017 8:58 pm

O'Donnell off injured, kinda hoping they are minding him as opposed to him being crocked again

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Fri May 26, 2017 9:04 pm

We're up to at least five missed good chances...

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Fri May 26, 2017 9:38 pm

2-0 and by all accounts should have been more. Four clean sheets is very good.

Rovers thrashed in the end after going down to ten. Idiots and/or scumbags. always hard to know. Three set piece goals - we need to watch those tapes. Actually like the idea of being the ones to end Cork's unbeaten run.

Sneachta
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Sneachta » Fri May 26, 2017 10:29 pm

Dundalk in full control of the game. Bar a 15 minute spell in second half when we were under a little pressure. We're still not very slick though. Shields was fantastic. Barrett and vemulund OK in the back. Still making silly mistakes where we will be punished against better teams. Gannon excellent. Him and shields two very bright lights in tonights performance. Pats are very very poor. Make no bones about it. We will do very well to come out with 4 points in games against Cork and bray.

Aside, some amount of hash smoking heads at Dundalk games. Rotten. And a number of foul mouthed twots who did nothing but bad mouth vemulund, Barrett and McElhaney all first half. Even Duffy couldn't avoid their abuse. Shocking, disgraceful and disgusting abuse from "supporters". Inappropriate as be damned to personally lambaste fellas like that. I was utterly disgusted.

I wouldn't say there was much going on in the lads head anyway.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Wexford White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Wexford White » Sat May 27, 2017 12:36 am

El Paso wrote:We're up to at least five missed good chances...

Agree absolutely. We need a ruthless striker.
The Back of the Wall

Ridleys regular
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Ridleys regular » Sat May 27, 2017 1:27 am

Sneachta wrote:Dundalk in full control of the game. Bar a 15 minute spell in second half when we were under a little pressure. We're still not very slick though. Shields was fantastic. Barrett and vemulund OK in the back. Still making silly mistakes where we will be punished against better teams. Gannon excellent. Him and shields two very bright lights in tonights performance. Pats are very very poor. Make no bones about it. We will do very well to come out with 4 points in games against Cork and bray.

Aside, some amount of hash smoking heads at Dundalk games. Rotten. And a number of foul mouthed twots who did nothing but bad mouth vemulund, Barrett and McElhaney all first half. Even Duffy couldn't avoid their abuse. Shocking, disgraceful and disgusting abuse from "supporters". Inappropriate as be damned to personally lambaste fellas like that. I was utterly disgusted.

I wouldn't say there was much going on in the lads head anyway.

Seen and heard this.I was the one of the guys that told then to stfu.A girl standing behind me told them the same.
Only knew one of them from other away trips.The others i never seen before and hope not to see again.Utter juvenile shit stirring imbeciles.

Handy win for us tonight against a poor pats team.3 clean sheets and the defence looking a bit more solid than previous.Sets up the fixture v Cork nicely for next week.

Townfan7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Townfan7 » Sat May 27, 2017 10:23 am

Thought we just did enough against a poor Pat''s team. In saying that the two goals scored were very well taken, Duffy's free kick was top draw & Mc Millan work hard to take his goal. I like the Barrett & Vemmulund pairing in centre half perhaps this could be the way forward in this position. The way we play this term is a patient build up but I'd like to see a shot or two from distance, this didn't happen last night & it looked like we tried to walk the ball to the net.

Some near 300 made the trip to Richmond Park, great support & fair play except & yes, as said above there were some in attendance who thought it better to give grief to some Dundalk players, NOT good enough, stay away & as for the hash, not worthy of comment.

I think that's 4 clean sheets in a row, that's positive, we will need to be on top of our game come Cork's visit next Friday. I hope we beat them, it may be a big ask though, let's do it & be the first to put them to the sword this term.

C'MON THE TOWN:

Sneachta
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Sneachta » Sat May 27, 2017 11:13 am

That's the spirit town fan. Come on the town!! Gonna be some atmosphere. Bank holiday weekend too. Can't wait!! Well Kenny make a call to arms for a vociferous home support? If/when he does we know we have upped the ante!!!

Ezekiel.... Get the cork thread up and running asap so the langers can get on board with their sh#t stirrin! ;-)

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Sat May 27, 2017 11:14 am

Sounded like a very comfortable win and a very good first half performance judging by most reports.

That's 4 clean sheets in a row now, 4-0 v Sligo, 3-0 v Lim'k, 0-0 v Derry and 2-0 v Pats, that's more like it. Always need to get the defence right first, although I was somewhat surprised to see Vemmelund moved into the centre at the expense of Hoare, how did he play those who were at it? Good to see Gannon back in right full.

Sets things up for a tasty affair next Friday night, be just great to get another win and to end their run, I think we will win, hopefully O'Donnell was taken off just as a precaution, and hopefully McMillan can keep on scoring, he's fairly creeping up the charts, think he is on 9 league goals now.

Sneachta
Reserves
Reserves

Re: RE: Re: St Pats Ath V Dundalk | Fri 26 May | 7.45pm | Richmond Pk

Postby Sneachta » Sat May 27, 2017 1:50 pm

mike wrote:That's 4 clean sheets in a row now, 4-0 v Sligo, 3-0 v Lim'k, 0-0 v Derry and 2-0 v Pats, that's more like it. Always need to get the defence right first, although I was somewhat surprised to see Vemmelund moved into the centre at the expense of Hoare, how did he play those who were at it? Good to see Gannon back in right full.

He was solid enough. Still over playing it in certain situations and losing it. Would definitely get punished against Cork for it. Some loose passing. A little soft at times but overall his timing of interceptions I thought was very good

Return to “General Discussion”