Dundalk V Cork City | Fri 2 June | 7.30pm | Oriel Park

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Handsome Prince
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Dundalk V Cork City | Fri 2 June | 7.30pm | Oriel Park

Postby Handsome Prince » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:00 pm

The players were 1st team players. All played recently. The point I was making is that that Professional players sould NOT and I repeat NOT be at a local Shop, 50 yards from the Ground 10 minutes before our most important match of the Season!!!!
WTF is going on there??
Like spoilt School brats sneaking out when the Teacher is not looking!!
I would view that as those 3 showing fukk all respect for their teammates, let alone the Club, Manager, the Fans or the Town.
I've heard all the rumours about shenanigans going on in Pubs and Nightclubs. But I didn't see it, so to me it's hearsay. But that I saw.
I was very surprised and disappointed.
As ever
HP

Spiderman
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiderman » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:39 pm

Fair enough HP and hello Mick Mac hope your keeping well:-)

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:43 pm

I'm surprised that anyone has the temerity to question your opinions. There seems to be a general acceptance that good command of the english language - allied to infrequent but long drawn out posts - give you a status as some kind of guru. Non-playing members of the first team squad are under Stephen Kenny's eye from long before they arrive at 6.15pm. Anything the non-playing members do is within the rules he lays down. Perhaps you would prefer they were led to their seats in the stand where you could quiz them on how they live their life. As regards those who played, perhaps you could pass constructive comment without the personal vitriol? "useless oaf" as a description of another human being should be beneath you as a way of expressing an opinion.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:57 pm

A certain Seanie Maguire was written off by everyone after a number of short sub appearances for us. Maybe Stewart and McMillan in a two is something to try?

Irish Chelsea fans (yes, I know) had very high hopes for Clifford with us.
There's only one word for that - magic darts...

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:20 pm

Given how poorly central midfield has been performing, I suspect Clifford will get more chances.

I would imagine Garts will be back in for the Drogheda game, who partners him is anyone's guess.

punkha
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby punkha » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:24 pm

Stewart has played long enough in the league for us to know he's nothing special. No suprise there really but in fairness I think he may have just been signed as a stop gap at the last minute when a deal for a forward fell through.
Biggest disappointment for me has been McEleney. He's gone from been amazing first few games to contributing nothing last month or two. He basically gets the ball then tries to beat 10 players before losing it.
Between lack of ability and hunger a lot of big issues for King Kenny to sort out. Hopefully we can get 3 or 4 decent replacements in during the window.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:27 pm

Stewart has also played league cup games and he did ok but I dont see him making an impact in the league.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:08 pm

el-pietro wrote:Just wanted to say best of luck for the rest of the season. You were poor Friday but you are still miles ahead of most of the rest, maybe Derry can run ye close but Bray will collapse and Rovers are awful. This might come across as a back handed compliment but its not intended that way. You will most likely be seeded in the first and second rounds of the Europa League qualifiers next season, so even if this year doesn't work out, you should be able to put together a decent run next summer.

Decent of you to comment and maybe easy after a 3-0 win but still appreciate the comments. Very difficult night for Dundalk, but that's football. Disappointing but we'll move on.

Handsome Prince
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Handsome Prince » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:54 am

Oldfogey - good to hear your opinions. That is the beauty of a Fans Forum, the fact that people can express their opinion.
Criticism can be good or bad. Constructive of destructive.
My opinion is just that - 'my opinion'. You are entitled to yours and over the years you have penned it manyfold.
l would appreciate however if you are going go criticise my posts and quote from my musings that you do so accurately. Misquoting makes your opinion harder to accept.
You stated that l should refrain from using terminology such as "useless oaf" when l was referring to Paddy Barrett in my post.
If you read what l said you would see that l used the term ' clumsy oaf', which is a world away from what you are accusing me of saying!!
l make no excuse for the prolonged posts l write or on occassion their brevity. That is how l choose to write, as l don't engage as much as l would like to, but be that as it may.
Finally l would like to take a snippet from your post which states,
:- ' Non-playing members of the first team squad are under Stephen Kenny's eye from long before they arrive at 6.15pm. Anything the non-playing members do is within the rules he lays down. Perhaps you would prefer they were led to their seats in the stand where you could quiz them on how they live their life. -:
Your attempt to be churlish here l think might back fire slightly. The reason l say that is because l'll bet you anything you like that 'even you' don't believe a word of what you wrote in that last paragraph??
Because there isn't a person reading this, believes that Non Playing Squad Members should be led to their seats in the Stand but, your writings give claim to ownership of that statement!!
Personally even I don't believe that you believe that yourself.
Perhaps we are both traumatised by the performance on Friday nght. l certainly know l was!!
l have no doubt that both our hearts are in the right place and we are passionate about Dundalk Football Club.
l for one have always acted with integrity, and will continue to do so. I would quote Shakespeare, from whose writings we could learn much.
Hamlet - Act 1, Scene 3 - Polonious to his son Laertes
"And above all, to thine own self be true
and it must follow, as sure as night follows day
that thou canst be false to any man".
best wishes
H.P

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:51 pm

El Paso wrote:A certain Seanie Maguire was written off by everyone after a number of short sub appearances for us. Maybe Stewart and McMillan in a two is something to try?

Irish Chelsea fans (yes, I know) had very high hopes for Clifford with us.

to be fair I have watched his career from afar. Being a chels fan as well. He was touted as being the long term replacement for Lampard but unfortunately so far has not lived up to those high expectations. I have been saying it a while now that we need o change tactics and to play 2 up top. So maybe Stewart either deserves to go up top on his own for a game or play 2 up top. He deserves a chance and longer than a 15 min cameo.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Hull White
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Hull White » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:29 pm

McGregor wrote: A second place finish, through a few rounds in Europe and a good cup run would be a good season.

A second place finish is the best we can hope for but it is by no means a shoe in at the moment! If you think we will get through a few rounds in Europe the way we are playing, I would like to know what you are smoking? Lol. We fielded probably Dundalk's best ever side in Europe last year and we did very well but at the moment this side is a pale shadow of last year's team. Put it this way, I don't think we will need to worry about wether we rent Tallaght or the Aviva for Europe!

Return to “General Discussion”