Strategic plan

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Strategic plan

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:49 am

Johnnybegood33 wrote:Any word on knocking down Oriel.

If that is your expectation, I think you will be disappointed

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Johnnybegood33
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:22 am

What other option is there.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:31 pm

This could be the announcement of a 50,000 all seater stadium, the signing of Kylian Mbappe or the under 15 fixture list

Some big news coming from Oriel Park...stay tuned...#DundalkFC
5:21 AM - 9 Aug 2017 from Louth, Ireland

https://twitter.com/DundalkFC/status/89 ... gr%5Etweet
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Wexford White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Wexford White » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:31 pm

Johnnybegood33 wrote:What other option is there.

Redevelop within the confines of Oriel and the YDC. Plenty of room.
The Back of the Wall

thecaptain
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby thecaptain » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:47 pm

Ezeikial wrote:This could be the announcement of a 50,000 all seater stadium, the signing of Kylian Mbappe or the under 15 fixture list

No doubt some, yourself included, would still be dissatisfied if it's the first two.

Either way it's the gaffer signing on until 2020 which is great news.
Ian Foster: (On the expectations level at Dundalk): "That's why you want to be involved in management. If I don't do well I'll do my shopping in Newry!"

Ian Foster: Last seen heading for Newry.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:10 pm

thecaptain wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:This could be the announcement of a 50,000 all seater stadium, the signing of Kylian Mbappe or the under 15 fixture list

No doubt some, yourself included, would still be dissatisfied if it's the first two.

Your dead right, some would be dissatisfied if the club over-extended itself on over ambitious plans or over spending. I am in that group; where would you sit on that?

Stephen Kenny signing on to 2020 is brilliant news. Credit to the club owners and board for making this happen

thecaptain
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby thecaptain » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:30 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
thecaptain wrote:

Your dead right, some would be dissatisfied if the club over-extended itself on over ambitious plans or over spending. I am in that group; where would you sit on that?

Stephen Kenny signing on to 2020 is brilliant news. Credit to the club owners and board for making this happen

Not getting into whataboutery over wild, outlandish expectations nor a sense of self entitlement on updates, unlike some, is where I sit to be honest! ;p

I pay my few quid, support the team and realistically don't expect things/ news to be done/ provided immediately if not sooner just because I buy a ticket in the door and said so.

Anyway, a little bit of info in SK's interview on the website on improvements:

...Oriel Park has stood still here. There is plans for the Development Centre. We are looking at putting a sports science room in it, we are going to put in a medical department and a video analysis department. These are all new developments and we are looking at putting them in there.

Good to see the club is moving on improving what they can work with currently while the other stuff is still being sorted out re: grants/ designs/ options etc. My tuppence worth would be to stick new home/ away dressing rooms in the YDC if pitch access can be sorted from there as well!
Ian Foster: (On the expectations level at Dundalk): "That's why you want to be involved in management. If I don't do well I'll do my shopping in Newry!"

Ian Foster: Last seen heading for Newry.

Johnnybegood33
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:00 pm

Great sign that SK will be here until 2020. We know he is not happy with Oriel ( bloody Oriel comment), so there is obviously a lot happening about upgrading the ground.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:14 pm

thecaptain wrote:Not getting into whataboutery over wild, outlandish expectations nor a sense of self entitlement on updates, unlike some, is where I sit to be honest! ;p

I pay my few quid, support the team and realistically don't expect things/ news to be done/ provided immediately if not sooner just because I buy a ticket in the door and said so.

Captain - You seem to be more interested in some sort of obscure attempt at point scoring or facile ridicule rather than making any coherent point that contributes to any debate or discussion.

That is regrettable, as I know from some of your previous posts that you can make some intelligent and insightful comments at times

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:34 am

thecaptain wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:
thecaptain wrote:

Not getting into whataboutery over wild, outlandish expectations nor a sense of self entitlement on updates, unlike some, is where I sit to be honest! ;p

Anyway, a little bit of info in SK's interview on the website on improvements:

...Oriel Park has stood still here. There is plans for the Development Centre. We are looking at putting a sports science room in it, we are going to put in a medical department and a video analysis department. These are all new developments and we are looking at putting them in there.

Good to see the club is moving on improving what they can work with currently while the other stuff is still being sorted out re: grants/ designs/ options etc. My tuppence worth would be to stick new home/ away dressing rooms in the YDC if pitch access can be sorted from there as well!

There are a pair of dressing rooms at ground floor level in the YDC. There is another pair at car park Level although these were never fitted out to the best of my knowledge.

Ridleys regular
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Ridleys regular » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:44 am

Ezekial's on the ould Texas(US) track here of shoot anyone who agrees with him and shoot(blindy) twice if you dare to disagree with him.
Breaking points down in semi-quotes shows he's struggling to back up his point.
A lot if not all here are happy with what is happening with dfc these days.Good days unlike when you commanded some stature there but you're now red lined(as can be seen by your signature) out of the job! We'll pump on while you remain stuck asking silly questions when the answers are in front of you.
up the town

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:48 am

Ridleys regular wrote:Ezekial's on the ould Texas(US) track here of shoot anyone who agrees with him and shoot(blindy) twice if you dare to disagree with him.
A lot if not all here are happy with what is happening with dfc these days.Good days unlike when you commanded some stature there but you're now red lined(as can be seen by your signature) out of the job! We'll pump on while you remain stuck asking silly questions when the answers are in front of you.
up the town

I am more than happy with how the club has progressed over the last few years and I have not been slow to applaud the great job that has been done by the owners, board and volunteers - both on Oriel Web and elsewhere.

That does not mean that I believe that the club is immune to any critical comment (example being the farcical ticketing distribution arrangements for Tallaght european matches last year)

Similarly, I am delighted with how Stephen Kenny has achieved unparalleled success on the pitch - it has been marvelous to witness and be a part of it as a passionate supporter.

However, it is obvious that some people can't handle any sort of comments that are interpreted as negative or questioning, or offer a view contrary to their own. Poor attempts at ridicule Instead of debating the points raised is a soft option

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:21 pm

Ridleys regular wrote:Ezekial's on the ould Texas(US) track here of shoot anyone who agrees with him and shoot(blindy) twice if you dare to disagree with him.
up the town

Go way with yer 'up the town'...sacrilege!!

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:22 pm

Interesting Off the Ball podcast which discusses Stephen Kenny signing a new contract and the issues that may have influenced that - some of the discussion relates to possible infrastructure and resources development

Stephen Kenny's made the decision to stay at Dundalk FC until 2020 at least
But what factors would have influenced his decision?
Stuey & Dan analyse on the LOI slot

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q= ... the%20ball

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:55 pm

Lots of talk about stadium development in the media. This is a fascinating 13 minute interview by Gerry Malone with Stephen Kenny.

SK: I have great faith in the people running the club (c 10:40 )

https://twistedwave.com/audio_files/118 ... c59cd9eae4

Return to “General Discussion”