Strategic plan

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2972
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:00 am
Has thanked: 69 times
Been thanked: 141 times

Re: Strategic plan

Postby Ezeikial » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:41 pm

Democrat piece published online today, is largely a rehash of what has already been published and/or culled from Oriel Web postings

Potential Dundalk FC investors understood to have been in town


http://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/nati ... 34.twitter


Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Johnnybegood33
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:58 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Strategic plan

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:51 pm

Any more news on Peak 6.

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1805
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:26 pm
Has thanked: 120 times
Been thanked: 59 times

Re: Strategic plan

Postby dell » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:27 am

I doubt we will hear anything more than what is already on the rumour mill untill an official announcement is made one way or another.

User avatar
brodser
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:55 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: RE: Re: Strategic plan

Postby brodser » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:00 pm

dell wrote:I doubt we will hear anything more than what is already on the rumour mill untill an official announcement is made one way or another.
The deal is going ahead and it should be announced in the next couple of weeks. From what I've heard we have exiting times ahead.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

User avatar
Johnny Guitar
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1883
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:57 pm
Has thanked: 110 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: RE: Re: Strategic plan

Postby Johnny Guitar » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:01 pm

brodser wrote:
dell wrote:I doubt we will hear anything more than what is already on the rumour mill untill an official announcement is made one way or another.
The deal is going ahead and it should be announced in the next couple of weeks. From what I've heard we have exiting times ahead.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk


I hope that meant exciting times lol.

Guess we need to know the full ins and outs to know how beneficial it will be. I hope our legal teams have gone through the full agreement with a fine tooth comb that if there is a get out by peak 6 what are the implications.

Just doesn't sit right with me
Stephen Kenny's Black & White Army

User avatar
brodser
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:55 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Strategic plan

Postby brodser » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:07 pm

Johnny Guitar wrote:
brodser wrote:
dell wrote:I doubt we will hear anything more than what is already on the rumour mill untill an official announcement is made one way or another.
The deal is going ahead and it should be announced in the next couple of weeks. From what I've heard we have exiting times ahead.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk


I hope that meant exciting times lol.

Guess we need to know the full ins and outs to know how beneficial it will be. I hope our legal teams have gone through the full agreement with a fine tooth comb that if there is a get out by peak 6 what are the implications.

Just doesn't sit right with me
Yes. It meant exciting times. Must have been a Freudian slip. As far as I understand it's a full takeover. I think we'll all be wary until we see the full details.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

User avatar
Johnny Guitar
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1883
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:57 pm
Has thanked: 110 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: Strategic plan

Postby Johnny Guitar » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:24 pm

Autocorrect eh
Stephen Kenny's Black & White Army

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 3568
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:27 pm
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: Strategic plan

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:01 pm

1. Does the supporters trust exist anymore?
2. Has Maxi given this takeover his seal of approval?

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2972
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:00 am
Has thanked: 69 times
Been thanked: 141 times

Re: Strategic plan

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:05 pm

dundalkfc1903 wrote:1. Does the supporters trust exist anymore?


DFC Trust became DFC Community Trust, holding it's first (and only?) AGM in Feb 2013
http://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/socc ... ne-is.html

It was quietly scuttled some time after that, although the Trust name was briefly attached to the ill-fated 500 Club fundraising effort later that year
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2972
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:00 am
Has thanked: 69 times
Been thanked: 141 times

Re: Strategic plan

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:06 pm

dundalkfc1903 wrote:2. Has Maxi given this takeover his seal of approval?


I don't know if his interest has been ignited yet
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

User avatar
seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2328
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2002 12:35 pm
Location: D'Shed
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 77 times

Re: Strategic plan

Postby seand » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:01 am

May be time to start thinking about relaunching a trust

User avatar
Ridleys regular
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:30 pm
Location: Close
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Strategic plan

Postby Ridleys regular » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:44 am

Reliable sauces my end (like,who dosn't have one these days?) suggest the America angle is dead.They couldn't believe how under-developed the stadium was.Very willing to provide cash to boost the team and help with recruitment of players but not willing to be a cash cow for stadium development is what i got.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2972
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:00 am
Has thanked: 69 times
Been thanked: 141 times

Re: Strategic plan

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:07 pm

It would take all of 30 seconds into a physical visit to know that the stadium is "under-developed". A five minute desktop research would also give these indications.

It is hard to believe that this has suddenly dawned on these super- intelligent deep pocket Americans.
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Johnnybegood33
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:58 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Strategic plan

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:13 pm

Either ways we need a stadium , and I'm sure that is the plan .

Johnnybegood33
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:58 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Strategic plan

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:16 pm

Initial reports were that Peak 6 , would build a 7.500 seater stadium. So obviously the old stadium would go.
I think Louth Co. Council would be a better shot.


Return to “General Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 8 guests