Strategic plan

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Sneachta
Reserves
Reserves

Strategic plan

Postby Sneachta » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:14 am

Has there been a plan released yet?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

buster
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Strategic plan

Postby buster » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:59 pm

Almost a year on haven't heard anything no news regarding this or anything else computer of oriel

Sneachta
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Sneachta » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:46 pm

According to Stuart Byrne we are one of five clubs that have nothing in place yet

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:17 pm

Sneachta wrote:According to Stuart Byrne we are one of five clubs that have nothing in place yet

Do you have a link to this please?

He makes no mention of this in his Irish Mirror column last Friday that discusses clubs' strategic plans:

Stuart Byrne: It's high time that the League's top clubs started to look after themselves
Stuart Bynre discusses League of Ireland clubs' strategic plans

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/ ... e-10543933
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Sneachta
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Sneachta » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:19 pm

He said there were five clubs in the league with no strategic plan published yet. I just inferred we were one of them. Was on soccer republic last week.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:04 pm

Sneachta wrote:He said there were five clubs in the league with no strategic plan published yet. I just inferred we were one of them. Was on soccer republic last week.

I'm a bit taken aback by your reply. Have you jumped to this conclusion for some particular reason?
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

buster
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby buster » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:45 am

Surely a year down the line supporters should know what if any plans are in place.

Sneachta
Reserves
Reserves

Re: RE: Re: Strategic plan

Postby Sneachta » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:53 am

Ezeikial wrote:
Sneachta wrote:He said there were five clubs in the league with no strategic plan published yet. I just inferred we were one of them. Was on soccer republic last week.

I'm a bit taken aback by your reply. Have you jumped to this conclusion for some particular reason?

Infer does not mean jump to conclusion

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: RE: Re: Strategic plan

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:10 am

Sneachta wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:

Infer does not mean jump to conclusion

I am simply asking you why you took that inference from what Stuey Byrne said or wrote. Why did you arrive at this conclusion? What leads you to believe that Dundalk FC are one of the five with no strategic plan?

Sneachta wrote:According to Stuart Byrne we are one of five clubs that have nothing in place yet

Sneachta
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Sneachta » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:37 pm

Buster said he heard nothing. There are two clubs I know of with their strategic plans published. I don't know about the rest. I was bored yesterday and wondered where our club was at. I'm sorry I asked now....

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:55 pm

Not overly worried about '5 year plans'. Bit Stalin-esque - seems an excuse from the FAI to push their 'it's up to the clubs to do it' defelction to wash their hands of things.

The corporation I work for is always having some new middle manager come up with some variant of a five year plan and it's always horseshit. I can look up what was said in 2012 and see how wide of the mark it is now. An illusion of *doing something*.

You see there's no point in having a 5 year plan if you don't know exactly how much money you'll have to spend and what the operating environment is going to be. It's just guesswork. And in our League we get no fixed income - everything is a slave to circumstances. So even if Dundalk are in a financially healthy situation consistently for the next 5 years, there's no point going too far out on a limb if none of the other clubs can. And as much as we'd all *love* a strong youth development structure, we could piss away an utter fortune on that for no tangible benefit.

Our plan, whatever and wherever it is, should be simply: what should we do with Oriel to bring it to acceptable European standard and maximise spectator revenue, what can we do with training facilities to maximise team potential, and what should we do with staffing/coaching/scouting levels to help in maximising those two things.

And doing the right thing should start to happen as soon as we're sure exactly what the right thing is, and be completed asap.
There's only one word for that - magic darts...

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:19 pm

Sneachta wrote:Buster said he heard nothing. There are two clubs I know of with their strategic plans published. I don't know about the rest. I was bored yesterday and wondered where our club was at. I'm sorry I asked now....

Thanks for the clarification (eventually)

I get it now - you were bored and just made up this Stuart Byrne bit for the craic?

Sneachta
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Sneachta » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:50 pm

I didn't make it up, I'm sure you understand basic primary school principles of observation and inference. He said there were 5 clubs without a plan. He said it after the John Caulfield interview on soccer republic.....last week. To quote stuart byrne "this has to be driven by the clubs", in relation to strategic plans.

I made an assumption/inference/estimate whatever you want to call it on the basic info I have as a general punter, that we were one as there is nothing on our website and nothing has been mentioned about it anywhere.

If I wanted to make stuff up I'd certainly say " I hear Dundalk plan on building a 30000 municipal stadium and want to share it with quay Celtic".

You certainly do come across as a condescending fool eziekial. I am surprised.

buster
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby buster » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:01 pm

Has anyone heard of a plan for the ground or what is hoped to be created,a year seems a long time for supporters who are after all the share holders so to speak to have any idea of what's intended for OP.The information regarding the plans for the future of the club seem top secret .

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:26 pm

We may have a strategic plan with the FAI and not have it released to fans yet. It was said that hopefully there will be news to release over the summer. There is a whole lot of work and expense that goes in to a proper and complete plan especially on ground development. If I had to guess a lot of talking is going on with planners from LCC, the FAI have been involved with talks with the Council. The clubs is probably preparing sports capital applications which are a damn nuisnace to complete to be eligible for top levels of funding. With question marks over whether Oriel Park is developable from a planning perspective never mind funding other options have to be looked at like locating and further assessment of feasibility of the potential of a new site. No news doesnt mean no news imo and that at times there is simply nothing that can be reported yet. The club as mentioned have said the hope to have some news over the next few months which infers to me that a strategic plan is ongoing still. Im am sure the club could release an update saying that it is a work in progress but lack of detail on concrete plans it would be pointless. These things take time as for example we are probably around now just getting the prizemoney from Europe 2016 which might speed things up as architects, planners et al can get paid for work done maybe..

Return to “General Discussion”