Strategic plan

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Strategic plan

Postby dell » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:43 pm

Govt grants should be less piecemeal and less of the giving small amounts to lots of projects and none creating anything significant. Submit a project plan that will get x amount over so many years if certain markers are met. No loans against the strength of grants but no ban on replenishing cash reserve if money to the value of the loan is spent if and when it is allocated. Audited properly and the system cant be abused and half building a place while shifting money in to players wages as an example wont be repeated as happened elsewhere. Kilkenny City got that stand behind their goal built with a view to that being the venue for underage internationals and what a waste that turned out to be. It is the sort amenity that could be mooted if we get partnerships going - DkIT being the obvious one but additionally more feeder schoolkids leagues, locally, Cavan/Monaghan, and why not push the boundaries if you'll pardon the pun with Newry and South Down. If formal links with Newry FC, as a feeder type club where player can be loaned for senior game time, is allowed then access to additional cross-border funding might be on offer if the connection i thought out well. There are many opportunities and possibilities but it involves a lot of time and effort and manpower is a major factor. Maybe the employment of a project manager for ground development among other stuff as there is only so much that a General Manager and volunteers can do. Maybe thats part of the starting point in reinvesting some of the European money - staffing the club with people who can in due course speed things along and get the nitty gritty right. The club has to be at its current limit in what existing staff can do from media to maintenance.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:57 pm

While Stephen Kenny is hardly in the dark about the clubs plans for Oriel Park, perhaps his "bloody Oriel Park" comment reflects an impatience or dissatisfaction about the speed of progress.

Although most supporters give the club the benefit of the doubt in relation to development plans, the lack of communication around it may be a cause for concern.
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:33 am

Fans may be in the dark but i doubt the manager is. Unless he knows something we dont and isnt too pleased.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:45 am

dell wrote:Fans may be in the dark but i doubt the manager is.

Agreed.

dell wrote: Unless he knows something we dont and isnt too pleased.

Seeing how little supporters know (consultants engaged and plans to revamp YDC bar), it is fair to assume that the manager knows something that we don't know.

If his "bloody Oriel Park" comment indicates a frustration or dissatisfaction around this, it is certainly cause for concern.
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Johnnybegood33
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:04 pm

I have asked this question every year for the past 50 years , and " No reply , came the Answer". The penny might drop , when SK. flies his kite.

0rl
Reserves
Reserves

Postby 0rl » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:13 am

Johnnybegood33 wrote:I have asked this question every year for the past 50 years , and " No reply , came the Answer". The penny might drop , when SK. flies his kite.

What question?

Johnnybegood33
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:13 pm

What is the development plan for Oriel. If there is one . The supporters should be informed of ongoing plans.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:57 pm

Perhaps they haven't decided yet?

buster
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby buster » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:15 am

Are you suggesting that after 4 years the owners don't know what they want to do to oriel.The supporters don't want to know where ever block is going.I think most would be happy to have any news to give hope,is it may take some many years etc but we hope to etc I'd say would be sufficient for most.People come on here saying it has to go this process and that and patience etc,that's fine but we should know a little of what's proposed after all we are shareholders to,the amount of information from oriel on all things is poor,,I know the volunteer thing etc but a little news each week would help.I could be wrong but from speaking to other supporters frustrating is a word I'd use.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:02 am

There might be very good reasons for keeping supporters in the dark about stadium plans, but I struggle to guess at what they might be.

Could it possibly be that there is no plan?

I doubt that, although it would be an explanation for recent SK comments.

I agree with Buster - an outline of intentions would be appreciated

Ridleys regular
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Ridleys regular » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:23 am

You're not a shareholder.You pay 15/20 quid into oriel and thats the end of that The club apply to the govt for funds.You know that takes time right? The fc cant say anything until the money lands and is in the a/c of Dundalk FC.When it lands there i'm sure the club will announce it and with all guns blazing.Until then all they can say is working on it.wip

Ridleys regular
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Ridleys regular » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:53 am

A throwaway remark from SK seems to have spooked a few children.

Johnnybegood33
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:00 am

I would be hopeful that there is a plan .

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:28 am

Ridleys regular wrote:You're not a shareholder.You pay 15/20 quid into oriel and thats the end of that

Hopefully the board and club owners don't hold that sort of dismissive view of supporters.

I'd find it hard to believe that it could be the case, but I must admit you present something to think about

Ridleys regular wrote: The club apply to the govt for funds.You know that takes time right? The fc cant say anything until the money lands and is in the a/c of Dundalk FC.

Why?

* Have the club applied for Sports Capital funding or other Government grants?
    * Why do you think it is essential to keep supporters in the dark on this?
    * If getting Government grant money takes say 3 years, do you think it is reasonable to simply stonewall on information in the meantime?

Ridleys regular wrote: When it lands there i'm sure the club will announce it and with all guns blazing.Until then all they can say is working on it.wip

If a decision has been made on what direction the club wants to take on facilities and ground developments, surely it is possible to present supporters with an outline of the aspirations

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Shoco » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:20 am

Ezeikial wrote:
Ridleys regular wrote:You're not a shareholder.You pay 15/20 quid into oriel and thats the end of that

Hopefully the board and club owners don't hold that sort of dismissive view of supporters.

I'd find it hard to believe that it could be the case, but I must admit you present something to think about

Ridleys regular wrote: The club apply to the govt for funds.You know that takes time right? The fc cant say anything until the money lands and is in the a/c of Dundalk FC.

Why?

* Have the club applied for Sports Capital funding or other Government grants?
    * Why do you think it is essential to keep supporters in the dark on this?
    * If getting Government grant money takes say 3 years, do you think it is reasonable to simply stonewall on information in the meantime?

Ridleys regular wrote: When it lands there i'm sure the club will announce it and with all guns blazing.Until then all they can say is working on it.wip

If a decision has been made on what direction the club wants to take on facilities and ground developments, surely it is possible to present supporters with an outline of the aspirations

Why do you think it's essential the club inform you of every single little thing that's happening or not happening?

I understand supporters would like to know everything that happens but there seems to be an attitude on here that the fans have a right to know the ins and outs of the running of the club. They don't.

If and when the club have solid plans in place, and only then I'm sure they will make that information public.

Return to “General Discussion”