Strategic plan

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Strategic plan

Postby mike » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:09 pm

Ezeikial wrote:Based on this comment from Stephen Kenny, published in the Indo today, it looks like more information may be made available shortly

He added that news is 'imminent' on plans to improve the dated facilities at Oriel Park as part of plans to progress the club to the next level.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer ... 59434.html

The full interview from SK is on the LOI Podcast co-hosted by Daniel McD, good interview and it would seem very clear indeed that he has been fully briefed on plans to redevelop oriel park. Looks like we might get news of the first phase shortly.

This is all starting to sound very promising, and hopefully we can finally avail of capital funding / sports grants that every tom dick and harry club seems to have got bar us in the past, of course the reason being the non ownership of the lease.

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:45 pm

Hiney Park was bought by DGS for 65k, compared to what GM spent to aquire it in 2005. DGS also recently looked at fencing off the playing fields but as 'The Furry Glen' is used by so many for what you mention OF the decided against, with a consideration to review that if say someone tripped over and public liability premium went up the following year. Dogs allowing to foul on the pitches ( :D pun intended) if became bad again the lands would be considered for fencing off.

I use DGS as a possibility to assist academy players education when we get that far in development because they can offer use of the pitches. Any school if able to provide for the irregular hours for players' training would do the job. There really could be a lot of potential in shared development of those lands in terms of football/sport.

Joes Field? I didnt know that was the actual name but i must have heard it called that somewhere. Zoning is the big issue there so maybe prices above the rate of non zoned land but not quite the premium of land with potential for planning permission for residental development could see a deal worked out. It would be a pity to lose the chance on that as once its built on obviously thats it and it really could be cheaper in the long run in how that land could solve issues with planning or a training centre that the club owns. It must be big enough for a full size pitch?

fastnbulbous
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby fastnbulbous » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:08 pm

My brother texted me to say he heard major USA investors in Dundalk are to be announced in the coming days ...

Don't shoot the messenger, that's just what I heard!

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:54 pm

Is there any chance he meant new jobs for the town rather than a takeover at Oriel Park?

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:24 pm

Been hearing this rumour since for 6 months. Interesting to see what comes of it.

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby colymull » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:35 pm

I heard this in work today too. Would last nights statement have anything to do with this? Maybe I’m putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 but thanking staff, sponsors etc could be construed as a going away statement?
King Kenny!

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Shoco » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:41 pm

I hear s similar rumour too, but it was only overseas investment and the two lads would still be running the club

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:00 pm

Shoco wrote:I hear s similar rumour too, but it was only overseas investment and the two lads would still be running the club

He who pays the piper calls the tune
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Johnny Guitar
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Johnny Guitar » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:19 pm

If its the same guys who have a stake in Bournemouth then its Peak6

https://www.peak6.com/

if true i am skeptical about the whole issue. for all the best intentions cant see how they can make a significant ROI from LOI or Europe for that matter,

this could be our version of ARKAGA
Stephen Kenny's Black & White Army

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Louth4sam » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:59 pm

Johnny Guitar wrote:if true i am skeptical about the whole issue. for all the best intentions cant see how they can make a significant ROI from LOI or Europe for that matter,

To be honest, if you have a club in the Premier League or championship, also investing in a LOI club would be a shrewd investment. You could hoover up the top young talent in a country of 6.5m people.

I would be also be very skeptical of the truth behind this and also very wary of any arrangement that would have us at the mercy of foreign investors.
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:10 am

Louth4sam wrote:
Johnny Guitar wrote:if true i am skeptical about the whole issue. for all the best intentions cant see how they can make a significant ROI from LOI or Europe for that matter,

To be honest, if you have a club in the Premier League or championship, also investing in a LOI club would be a shrewd investment. You could hoover up the top young talent in a country of 6.5m people.

I would be also be very skeptical of the truth behind this and also very wary of any arrangement that would have us at the mercy of foreign investors.

There is no point in anyone investing in the club unless they are going to build a stadium. We have done so little off the pitch with the prize money (apart from keeping builders in work in the YDC) it's gone well beyond embarrassing. If we were only breaking even you would still expect a lick of paint and a few basic repairs. There isn't even a full set of (unbroken) coat hooks in the dressing rooms.

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby colymull » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:31 am

The Irish Times running with this story this morning, a US consortium apperently.
King Kenny!

Sneachta
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Sneachta » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:43 am

Nothing in the Irish times app. Is it in the paper?

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:40 am

Sneachta wrote:Nothing in the Irish times app. Is it in the paper?

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

It's the Times in the UK, albeit the Irish version.

https://twitter.com/LiveatOriel/status/ ... 9664407552

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:29 am

Not sure if these were the guys in question, but Andy C was definitely showing a few Americans around at the Bohs game in the Club shop, I remember the night as it was hurricane type conditions and the second half was almost unwatchable due to the weather.

It was clear they were visitors as he was telling them where he would take them next. Also he wasn't making a secret of it, I probably thought they were sponsors or guests but I didn't really think anything of it at the time.

Could be nothing in this folks, could just be a general expression of interest following the huge exposure we got last year with the European run.

Return to “General Discussion”