Strategic plan

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

buster
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: RE: Re: Strategic plan

Postby buster » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:16 am

brodser wrote:
buster wrote:Was wondering myself was anything happening on this,I can understand if negotiation is taking place but a statement might just help sell more season tickets etc.
I hear that the discussions have hit a roadblock and it's 50/50 whether it will happen. Seems the potential buyers didn't like what they saw when they had a detailed look at the books.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Surely as business people that's the first thing you would do,check income expenditure etc if you were interested in a takeover.I don't know any details of what's happening but to me it's taking far to long to strike a deal.Maybe at this stage we should just move on ,a statement of some description would help.

brodser
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Strategic plan

Postby brodser » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:35 am

buster wrote:
brodser wrote:
buster wrote:Was wondering myself was anything happening on this,I can understand if negotiation is taking place but a statement might just help sell more season tickets etc.
I hear that the discussions have hit a roadblock and it's 50/50 whether it will happen. Seems the potential buyers didn't like what they saw when they had a detailed look at the books.

Surely as business people that's the first thing you would do,check income expenditure etc if you were interested in a takeover.I don't know any details of what's happening but to me it's taking far to long to strike a deal.Maybe at this stage we should just move on ,a statement of some description would help.
Agree. It's distracting the club from preparations for next year. Pre season starts in a couple of weeks and it's not helpful to have all this uncertainty.

buster
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: RE: Re: Strategic plan

Postby buster » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:48 am

brodser wrote:

Surely as business people the first thing you would do was to check the books ,income expenditure etc.Maybe it's time to move on ,it seems such a long time to do a deal with the season 6 weeks away,a statement of sorts from the club (we are in negotiations or not ) would help anyone else feel this way?

Johnnybegood33
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Strategic plan

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:59 am

With or without them , the future looks bright , with a very solid looking squad and a brilliant manager , not forgeting the great support , which of course would greatly increase if you had a modern stadium .

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Strategic plan

Postby Sneachta » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:25 pm

brodser wrote:

I'd say it's more to do with the lease agreement and the Casey family involvement. They obviously want FULL ownership if they are ever going to redevelop. If this is the stumbling block and is more than likely it is as opposed to "the books" then I wouldn't be confident of a deal being done.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Johnnybegood33
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:38 am

I see Michael O ' Neill , & Sadlier speaking positively about take over.

Johnny Guitar
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Johnny Guitar » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:31 am

No they weren't. A cautious welcome is hardly a glowing
recommendation.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2017/12 ... -takeover/
Stephen Kenny's Black & White Army

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:02 pm

Cautious welcome is the sensible approach for us all, assuming it's happening.

They're here to make money, end of.
We can't grow as a football club without significant investment.

It really is that straightforward. So, as a fanbase, we need to know what we're prepared to do if it doesn't work and they walk.

P.S. you won't get any statements until it's all sealed (or it has all collapsed). Stock market rules. ITK spoofers are a pain in the hole.
There's only one word for that - magic darts...

Johnny Guitar
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Johnny Guitar » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:10 pm

El Paso wrote:Cautious welcome is the sensible approach for us all, assuming it's happening.

They're here to make money, end of.
We can't grow as a football club without significant investment.

It really is that straightforward. So, as a fanbase, we need to know what we're prepared to do if it doesn't work and they walk.

P.S. you won't get any statements until it's all sealed (or it has all collapsed). Stock market rules. ITK spoofers are a pain in the hole.

Peak6 is a private company (actually a limited partnership) and are not quoted and dundalk fc are not quoted either. There are no stock market rules that apply.
The takeover could take place on the back of a beer mat if agreeable to all parties
Stephen Kenny's Black & White Army

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:06 pm

Ah, you're correct. Apols
There's only one word for that - magic darts...

thecaptain
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby thecaptain » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:49 pm

I still wouldn't hold my breath on a statement from the club with an update. Basic common sense, as always, that when things are confirmed either way there'll be a statement or when there's confirmed news or an update it'll be told. Neither the club or Peak 6 are beholden to give every post, comment, tweet or question around town a reply and are entitled to do their business in private, as much as they possibly can. Either way it's business as usual for SK and the club over the off season. When there's news they'll announce it.
Ian Foster: (On the expectations level at Dundalk): "That's why you want to be involved in management. If I don't do well I'll do my shopping in Newry!"

Ian Foster: Last seen heading for Newry.

Johnnybegood33
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:55 pm

Any sign of an announcement from Club on all this takeover talk , would have a big influence on Season Ticket Sales.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:41 pm

Johnnybegood33 wrote:Any sign of an announcement from Club on all this takeover talk , would have a big influence on Season Ticket Sales.

I suspect that the effect on ST sales will be neglible whether or not there is a takeover.
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

thecaptain
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby thecaptain » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:19 pm

Club had a grant request rejected for an invalid application under the regional grants for sticking in the Health and Fitness area in the YDC presumably, was paid for out of the clubs coffers then as it's been mentioned a few times over the last month or two that it was getting done.

http://www.dttas.ie/sites/default/files ... e-2017.pdf

Only other LOI related stuff in it DCC getting 65k for Dalyer redevelopment and the FAI 56k for Ferrycarraig for the Youths
Ian Foster: (On the expectations level at Dundalk): "That's why you want to be involved in management. If I don't do well I'll do my shopping in Newry!"

Ian Foster: Last seen heading for Newry.

Johnnybegood33
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:25 pm

Still no word on what is happening about upgrading Oriel Park.

Return to “General Discussion”