Strategic plan

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Strategic plan

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:27 pm

Sneachta wrote:You certainly do come across as a condescending fool eziekial. I am surprised.

Sneachta - I doubt anyone here is interested in this name calling nonsense - I'll send you a pm instead of posting any further on this here

At least you have clarified that Stuey Byrne did not say what you originally claimed.

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Sneachta
Reserves
Reserves

Re: RE: Re: Strategic plan

Postby Sneachta » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:53 pm

dell wrote: It was said that hopefully there will be news to release over the summer.

The club as mentioned have said the hope to have some news over the next few months which infers to me that a strategic plan is ongoing still. Im am sure the club could release an update saying that it is a work in progress but lack of detail on concrete plans it would be pointless.

Seems fair enough comment and makes sense.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Sneachta
Reserves
Reserves

Re: RE: Re: Strategic plan

Postby Sneachta » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:59 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
Sneachta wrote:You certainly do come across as a condescending fool eziekial. I am surprised.

Sneachta - I doubt anyone here is interested in this name calling nonsense - I'll send you a pm instead of posting any further on this here

At least you have clarified that Stuey Byrne did not say what you originally claimed.

Name calling nonsense?

Petulant, pedantic, petty, shall I continue?

You'd swear I was slanderous! In a world where there are more important things going on than your childish finger pointing.... It might've been more beneficial and constructive to the "discussion" to follow the above posters approach.

No need to PM. If you want tell us all you're stuey byrne, then fire away.

buster
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby buster » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:37 pm

dell wrote:We may have a strategic plan with the FAI and not have it released to fans yet. It was said that hopefully there will be news to release over the summer. There is a whole lot of work and expense that goes in to a proper and complete plan especially on ground development. If I had to guess a lot of talking is going on with planners from LCC, the FAI have been involved with talks with the Council. The clubs is probably preparing sports capital applications which are a damn nuisnace to complete to be eligible for top levels of funding. With question marks over whether Oriel Park is developable from a planning perspective never mind funding other options have to be looked at like locating and further assessment of feasibility of the potential of a new site. No news doesnt mean no news imo and that at times there is simply nothing that can be reported yet. The club as mentioned have said the hope to have some news over the next few months which infers to me that a strategic plan is ongoing still. Im am sure the club could release an update saying that it is a work in progress but lack of detail on concrete plans it would be pointless. These things take time as for example we are probably around now just getting the prizemoney from Europe 2016 which might speed things up as architects, planners et al can get paid for work done maybe..

You seem to know a lot more than the rest of us mere supporters ,you may be right or not but nothing official is that correct,so we still don't know what the latest position is regarding upgrades, strategy,etc am I correct?

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:56 am

Yes you are correct. I no more than any supporter on the specifics of Dundalk FC. i am familiar with sports capital applications, and associated stuff like planning issues with sporting developments, feasibility or justification for funding applied for (multi use facility used the be the where the money went so why many GAA clubs have indoor football or small artiicial 7 a side patches, patchwork of lines painted on gym floors for as many sports as possible). After that i am just considering the amount of work that is needed for a full feasability study on Oriel, the same for a plan b, the cost of doing these, when money due will clear to possibly broaden the scope of any studies, pay for full architect plans that can be submitted even as a tester type thing. That talkss with local government is not a click yer fingers and meeting held especially if the FAI are joing these meetings. Unofficial sounding out on potential level of grant funding over say 5 years though that may be more an FAI job. A thorough development plan and any study shouldnt be rushed as it is a one shot chance. A year isnt ridiculous for it all to come together especially when income fluctuates or is delayed as obviously what is in the bank will effect the scope of a plan. And all before potential objections from planners, residents, GAA, tree hugger types, ABP. (Think of the proposed ski slope et al that planning was applied for out at Dundalk Stadium, all the prep and cost and applications in to be granted (I think) permission appealed to ANP, planning overturned , a resubmission of adjusted plans for the process to happen again. Some ass decides on a judicial review due to Daffy Duck's nest on an average bit of swampy ground......and they gave up on the plan in the end, cut and run). So it will be meticulous and time consuming, a complete pain in the head for someone, but costly if a rushed job. At this stage whether there is anything from the clubs it makes little difference between now and November at least.

Fwats
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Fwats » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:49 pm

Daffy ducks nest? Jesus H Dell. I know we all want the best for the club but personally not at the expense of the environment and I don't think it's a good idea to build your ground on marsh land if you are thinking of the future. The only reason it is 'a bit swampy' out by the proposed ski slope as you say is because it's been artificially and shortsightedly drained to create grazing land. Otherwise it would be a full on marsh habitat & part of a bigger special protection area (SPA) that is Dundalk bay which is designated as such due to internationally important populations of a variety of birds.

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:47 pm

Its already reclaimed land even if that was shortsighted. You have Dundalk Stadium, Ard Leathan and the buried town dump all in the vicinity - damage done so let the damage count for something. I am not talking about draining additional areas or trying to build on the extensive Dundalk Bay area. I wasnt particularly thinking of the club building a ground out there but if it fits and flooding can be prevented, across the road from the Racecourse wouldnt be the worst option. As the area was drained it is no longer a habitat and part of the SPA so objections to development of a ground or the former plans in the area were as a matter of principle to what had happened prior with damage to the habitat not that the development would have further damaged the a habitat or effected the SPA. So yes in this case Daffy Duck's nest as that is as real as the risk that some people were flapping about.

How much of te town is reclaimed land and development isnt objected to on that past1

Fwats
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Fwats » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:52 pm

It is possible to re-establish wetland that has been drained for pasture. A lot less easy to do so when there is a race course and an estate built on it which was madness. No point adding to the mistake. Most of the birds whose habitat is trying to be protected over winter, they don't nest as such but they need safe space and food. Building around a SPA reduces both. I don't think most people who object to developments for environmental reasons do it for the sake of it but because they are trying to stop poor planning decisions. The other thing to consider is standing on the terrace in winter covered in goose shit - that is to be avoided at all costs.

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:01 pm

Was madness that is done - where was the objections prior to the housing development. The Racecourse was established on that site for decades. I am not advocating people go out and reclaim additional areas like the marshes off the Rock Road. I am referring to areas that are already damaged and at least that damage area could be utilised as an amenity for the public. Whether it is an indoor ski slope or whatever. Why are the reclaimed areas not being returned to wetland? If it was all of this is a non issue as the area in question is a bona fide part of the SPA again. Objections submitted after the area was drained was, driven by anger due to previous development and not that that addtional wetland habitat or a protected area was at risk. Daffy Duck's pals were out for a pound of flesh for previous short sighted decisions. This was not going another and part of the development could have reinstated areas of habitat and that has been accepted sunsequently, areas that 10 years later are neither a habitat or developed to be of benefit to the town. I would expect a new stadium to have a retractable roof to protect patrons from goose shit!!

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:13 am

Wow....

Ridleys regular
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Ridleys regular » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:31 am

LOL
The break kicks in and people cant deal with it!
Gret oul craic all the same so cheers folks :-)

Spiderman
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiderman » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:07 pm

Is this a wild life fourm:-D

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:19 pm

Well we are trying to attract more birds to Oriel.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:26 pm

Martin Connolly confirms that a strategic plan was compiled by the club and submitted to the FAI (circa 5.40 of Gavin McLoughlin interview. He credit Frankie Watters, former lecturer at DkIT with having a significant involvement in this

https://dundalksport.ie/audio-martin-co ... 4a59a2b019
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Sneachta
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Sneachta » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:08 pm

Listened to that this morning. Sounds promising. Good to hear

Return to “General Discussion”