Strategic plan

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Strategic plan

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:28 am

Shoco wrote:
Why do you think it's essential the club inform you of every single little thing that's happening or not happening?

I understand supporters would like to know everything that happens but there seems to be an attitude on here that the fans have a right to know the ins and outs of the running of the club. They don't.

If and when the club have solid plans in place, and only then I'm sure they will make that information public.

The next time supporters will be informed of the minute details of the running of the club is when we are broke again and looking for bag packers in Dunnes.

Only when the club are in dire straits are the supporters called upon. Should supporters not be kept informed during good times and bad? And maybe even involved in the consultation process for the future of OUR club.

Or is it Paul Browns & Andy Connollys club for now? How dare the common fan ask a question. The cheek.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:32 am

Shoco wrote:Why do you think it's essential the club inform you of every single little thing that's happening or not happening?

I understand supporters would like to know everything that happens but there seems to be an attitude on here that the fans have a right to know the ins and outs of the running of the club. They don't.

Are you unable to understand my post Shoco?

I have claimed none of the above re "every single little thing" etc

Shoco wrote:
If and when the club have solid plans in place, and only then I'm sure they will make that information public.

I understand your point, but disagree.

I think it would be in the best interests of the club to give supporters some outline of what they wish to achieve.
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ridleys regular
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Ridleys regular » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:39 am

Ezekial btw held nothing back from supproters during his reign as pro under gm.consider that.no secrets whatsoever.nil,non
the bloody irony

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:23 pm

Ridleys regular wrote:Ezekial btw held nothing back from supproters during his reign as pro under gm.consider that.no secrets whatsoever.nil,non
the bloody irony

At look where that got us.............Are you saying we should follow the same path?

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:29 pm

Ridleys regular wrote:Ezekial btw held nothing back from supproters during his reign as pro under gm.consider that.no secrets whatsoever.nil,non
the bloody irony

Is that really the best you can do?

Why not discuss the issue or address the questions I put to you?

I don't get why some seem so opposed to some information around this being released to supporters. I believe it would be in the clubs best interest to give basic outline of their aspirations
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

buster
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby buster » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:58 pm

Nobody said they wanted to know every single move the club was making .....your taking this out of context what I said was a little info on what the plans are not a lot to ask I suggest maybe SK is getting frustrated to nobody knows,anyway what's the big secret a few small details is all people want.

magarnagle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby magarnagle » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:15 pm

buster wrote:Nobody said they wanted to know every single move the club was making .....your taking this out of context what I said was a little info on what the plans are not a lot to ask I suggest maybe SK is getting frustrated to nobody knows,anyway what's the big secret a few small details is all people want.

You got that when they said what they were planning for the YDC. Let's pretend for a minute that the club do as suggested above and release a statement saying that they want to build a 10k category 4 stadium and are getting consultants and architects to look into the feasibility. Supporters get all excited, media pick it up etc. Then the consultants come back and say it's not feasible or affordable can you imagine the micky fits that people would be having on here?

Personally I'd prefer to have something concrete in place before is announced

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:39 pm

Announcing anything before the bones of whatever plans they have are finalised is pointless at best and probably counter-productive.

For example it would be stupid to announce designs that incorporate the lane if they're still in negotiations to acquire it.

It would also be stupid to announce plans based on a particular budget capital investment until they know the money is secured.

and so on.

All you're doing then is creating the illusion that stuff is happening and giving a rod for people to beat you with if things don't work out. It's barely six months since the situation with Matthews was resolved.

I mean we have all seen and continue to see the nonsense coming out of Bray. If we had made those sorts of statements before the season started would you have felt satisfied? Or would you just have had another 100 questions?
Last edited by El Paso on Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's only one word for that - magic darts...

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:43 pm

dundalkfc1903 wrote:Or is it Paul Browns & Andy Connollys club for now? How dare the common fan ask a question. The cheek.

I don't know either of those men. But it is their club. They saved it. The things we've seen are because of them.

That doesn't mean they're doing what you seem to be accusing them of there - you're over-reacting.
There's only one word for that - magic darts...

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Shoco » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:16 pm

dundalkfc1903 wrote:
Shoco wrote:
Why do you think it's essential the club inform you of every single little thing that's happening or not happening?

The next time supporters will be informed of the minute details of the running of the club is when we are broke again and looking for bag packers in Dunnes.

Only when the club are in dire straits are the supporters called upon. Should supporters not be kept informed during good times and bad? And maybe even involved in the consultation process for the future of OUR club.

Or is it Paul Browns & Andy Connollys club for now? How dare the common fan ask a question. The cheek.

But kept informed of what exactly? You are assuming there is something to be kept informed of and that you have a right to know!

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Shoco » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:21 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
Shoco wrote:Why do you think it's essential the club inform you of every single little thing that's happening or not happening?

Are you unable to understand my post Shoco?

I have claimed none of the above re "every single little thing" etc

Shoco wrote:

I understand your point, but disagree.

I think it would be in the best interests of the club to give supporters some outline of what they wish to achieve.

And maybe when they are finished working with the consultants, then they might have an idea of what they can actually achieve.

I really don't see how it is in the best interests of the club to make some sort of announcement until there are concrete plans in place.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:12 am

It's very simplistic to say the owners don't know after 4 years. 12 months ago we were facing the CLQ3 exit to Bate with the sop of a ELQ4 playoff. People would have been more than happy with a 6,000 seater stadium (although it would seldom be full).

The EL run changed all that. Quite apart from the fact that it would be virtually impossible to fit a Cat 3 stadium into the existing footprint in Oriel, a bigger stadium increases the likelyhood of problems on change of ownership. Clubs in Ireland generally change hands for the cost of clearing the debts, as the infrastructure has no net book value. If you've just spent €12M (for example) on a new stadium, what are the odds you will find someone with the money to buy you out?

magarnagle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby magarnagle » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:33 am

oldfogey wrote:It's very simplistic to say the owners don't know after 4 years. 12 months ago we were facing the CLQ3 exit to Bate with the sop of a ELQ4 playoff. People would have been more than happy with a 6,000 seater stadium (although it would seldom be full).

The EL run changed all that. Quite apart from the fact that it would be virtually impossible to fit a Cat 3 stadium into the existing footprint in Oriel, a bigger stadium increases the likelyhood of problems on change of ownership. Clubs in Ireland generally change hands for the cost of clearing the debts, as the infrastructure has no net book value. If you've just spent €12M (for example) on a new stadium, what are the odds you will find someone with the money to buy you out?

But it hasn't been 4 years because as you mentioned less than 12 months ago that all changed with the EL qualification. Prior to this any plans would likely have been very modest and long term as where would the money for a 6k stadium be coming from? What happened last year will have likely opened up other possibilities to explore and time should be taken to do this.

Having said all this, if and when plans are released by the club I feel that they will be far below the expectations of most fans. Many are really underestimating the cost of developing a new stadium or retrofitting Oriel. Last year's earnings won't even come close

Johnnybegood33
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:38 pm

Back in January 2017 in an interview with " The Sun" newspaper , Martin Connolly mentioned that there was bigger plans to develop Oriel, and of course since then we have a new surface and gym in YDC. It is a slow process , so hopefully a complete new development is in the pipeline. No more TALLA.

Johnnybegood33
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:48 am

Any word on knocking down Oriel.

Return to “General Discussion”