Dundalk V Galway Utd | Mon 26 June | 7.45pm | Oriel Park

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Dundalk V Galway Utd | Mon 26 June | 7.45pm | Oriel Park

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:43 am

Galway Utd are next up on Monday and this gives us an opportunity to open up a further gap in the chase for the Euro spots

The team is starting to get a settled look - will McGrath get in ahead of Stewart? Shields in for O'Donnell?

Will the attendance dip under 2,000?

Will the team give a consistent 90 minutes?

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Dundalk V Galway Utd | Mon 26 June | 7.45pm | Oriel Park

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:50 am

Ezeikial wrote:
- will McGrath get in ahead of Stewart?

Shields in for O'Donnell?

Will the attendance dip under 2,000?

Will the team give a consistent 90 minutes?

Probably
Probably not
Almost certainly
No

Sneachta
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Sneachta » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:03 pm

2/3-0

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:52 pm

Ezeikial wrote:Galway Utd are next up on Monday and this gives us an opportunity to open up a further gap in the chase for the Euro spots

1/ The team is starting to get a settled look - will McGrath get in ahead of Stewart? Shields in for O'Donnell?

2/ Will the attendance dip under 2,000?

3/ Will the team give a consistent 90 minutes?

1/ I would def have McGrath in ahead of Stewart, I still can't work out how TS has gone from a sub to being a starter.

2/ I reckon this might be the lowest crowd of the season, would have been a good idea to give school kids a discount to boost the crowd with the holidays approaching, anymore than 1,800 and its good in my book.

3/ 3 points is the priority in our efforts to cement second spot but we could do with being more consistent in the run up to the Rosenberg game.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:46 am

Any team news?

John Mountney made his first appearance in the matchday squad since the beginning of May after recovering from a groin problem. Stephen Kenny once again has a fully fit squad to choose from on Monday.

http://www.dundalkfc.com/team-news-vs-galway-united-4/
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

bigalan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bigalan » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:32 pm

I would imagine McGrath will come in tonight as the only change, however with a busy schedule this week and next, Stephen might opt to tinker a little more. Another convincing win tonight will set us up well for the visit to the seaside on Friday night.

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:29 pm

Pedestrian was all that was needed tonight against a Galways side that really had nothing about them at all - i expected a little more fight even if away from home and a 2nd game in 3 days.

So just shy 2/3 way we have an average of 2pts per game and 1.27 goals per game (i think i have the math correct), the same again would leave us on 66 points (72 if we beat beat Bray and Bohs so 2.2 points average). Id expect even with European games as we seem to be better as games come think and fast bar another 'blip' that we will improve on 2pts average per game. Maximum of 39 points left would see us finish on 79. I dont think we will finish the season unbeaten or not dropping points so it emphasises the dominance of Cork this season on all fronts in the league -home and away and goals goals, 2.8 points per game and a potential 97 points or 94/95 points if they repeat the 1st half of the season. Incredible stuff by them and a lot of work to be done to close that gap. It may be a bit of a freak season by them and wont repeat such unwaivering form again especially head to head but I think some business this July could be important for next season. I dont think i have made some glaring error in the averages but the figures do look off lol

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:30 pm

The website headline writer must have been watching a different match to the one I just witnessed

DUNDALK CONTINUE FINE FORM WITH GALWAY WIN

http://www.dundalkfc.com/dundalk-contin ... alway-win/

Good result to get another three points and keep a clean sheet, but the performance was very poor.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:37 pm

Stephen Kenny: 'Are we a small provincial club?'

http://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/nati ... -club.html

dundalkstork
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby dundalkstork » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:38 pm

3 wins, 12 goals. Fine form in anyone's book. We got a bit loose at times, but we were leagues ahead of Galway.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:48 pm

dundalkstork wrote:3 wins, 12 goals. Fine form in anyone's book. We got a bit loose at times, but we were leagues ahead of Galway.

If we continue that "fine form" into our performance on Friday we are likely to get beaten. If the same "fine form" is repeated against Rosenborg we are likely to get trounced.

Good result tonight - very poor performance

dundalkstork
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby dundalkstork » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:53 pm

As Beckett says, form is content and content is form. We keep winning = happy days.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:58 pm

The results look amazing. Since the Rovers and Galway debacles they read:
4-0
3-0
0-0
2-0
0-3
6-0
4-0
2-0

7 clean sheets out of 8; 21 goals scored.

Dig a bit deeper, though, and it just proves that the rest of the League is beyond crap. It's hard to explain exactly what it is that's missing, but we lack character or something. We have enough skill to deal with the dross. But Derry put it up to us a bit, we couldn't score. Cork put it up to us a lot, we crumpled like a cheap suit. Sadly I don't see anything other than a comfortable win for Rosenborg at the moment.

Incidentally I'm long enough watching LOI for Kenny's words to leave me cold. You get a big crowd against Cork and put in that kind of performance, you're going to get a big drop in crowds next match, especially if it's the likes of Harps. Fact of football life here. Suck it up. If you want the crowds behind you, don't play like that again. There're posts going back 15 years on this message board about poor crowds and crap performances.
There's only one word for that - magic darts...

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:03 pm

When our "fine form" is put to the test by anything other than poor quality teams we are struggling for results.

If beating Drogheda, Finn Harps and Galway becomes our barometer for success we may be a trouncing away from a crises.

Examine our results against the other teams in the top five (Derry, Shamrock Rovers, Bray Wanderers and Cork City) and you will discover some unpalatable home truths about this "fine form"

7 Played (4 Home / 3 Away)
1 Won
1 Draw
5 Lost
4 Points (from 21)
6 Scored
14 Conceded

Spiderman
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiderman » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:24 pm

100% Ezeikial, we have no chance in europe on that showing, ok we are winning against really poor sides but our performances are no were near Champions league standard thats a fact and we need a top draw performance against Bray on friday we must step it up.

Return to “General Discussion”