Dundalk V Galway Utd | Mon 26 June | 7.45pm | Oriel Park

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

punkha
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Dundalk V Galway Utd | Mon 26 June | 7.45pm | Oriel Park

Postby punkha » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:49 pm

Gotta agree with the above. These drubbings of poor teams are covering up how far off the pace we are.
Our record against the other top teams has been shocking this season so away to Bray will tell a tale. Hope I'm wrong but will be very suprised if we come away with 3 points.

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:05 am

I think we were always just wishing our way past Rosenborg rather than having any deep expectation. 2nd place or European qualification and get on to next season is what most are thinking and the the cups of course. One off games in the cup we can certainly beat anyone but to have a couple of top notch performances in Europe having not shown it in the league well we are just wishing for something to click in the mindset. The loss of players is a factor to this seasons dip in quality but it is more than that as so many players have lost form or is it that total desire. I for one thought that the loss of Finn would be managed with McEleney able to step in to the 10 role but Finn obviously was worth his salt. It was more obvious what we were losing with Boyle and Horgan but Finn? Plenty of talk tonight was the lacking in the wide positions but I feel Duffy and McGrath, if SK decides thats where he is best deployed can still come good. It does seem as if there is a get this season done and out of the way feeling among the players. We will see if there is a good jump in intensity v Rosenborg and it could show that it is just going through the motions in the league and 2nd can be done at a stroll. Maybe we are codding the Rosenborg scouts :p

Townfan7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Townfan7 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:25 pm

You still have to beat whoever & no matter who they are. The winning mentality & scoring plenty of goals since our return from the break can only add to the teams confidence as we strive to consolidate 2nd place in the league as well as building up for the European campaign ahead. I'm convinced the few days spent together in Cork over the break is starting to pay dividends, long may this continue.

It was a comfortable win against a Galway side who hard to believe beat us earlier in the season. Looking forward to Bray this Friday where a tough game awaits but hopefully we can bring home the 3 points.

C'MON THE TOWN:

Return to “General Discussion”