Bray Wanderers V Dundalk | Fri 30 June | 7.45pm | Carlisie Grounds

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Bray Wanderers V Dundalk | Fri 30 June | 7.45pm | Carlisie Grounds

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:20 am

With a 7 points gap currently between the teams, Friday nights match provides an excellent opportunity to put a big 10 points between us and Bray. On the other hand, a Bray win obviously takes the gap back to 4 points, with Shamrock Rovers currently only a point off Bray.

I have no doubt that we are a significantly better team than Bray, but recent performances leave me nervous about the outcome.

The result is paramount over the performance, but with the Champions League matches imminent the hope is that form and performance will be stepped.

The speculation about Dylan Connolly adds further interest.

Here is a piece from earlier this week where Harry Kenny is appealing for the locals to come out to supports them
KENNY'S CALL Bray Wanderers boss Harry Kenny calls on locals to support his troops

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/11 ... is-troops/

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Bray Wanderers V Dundalk | Fri 30 June | 7.45pm | Carlisie Grounds

Postby oldfogey » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:09 am

Everyone I ask about the voracity of the Connolly rumour says the story originated from yourself.(LMFAO) Trying to unsettle tbe opposition?

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:12 am

Everyone I ask about the voracity of the Connolly rumour says the story originated from yourself.(LMFAO) Trying to unsettle tbe opposition?

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:24 pm

oldfogey wrote:Everyone I ask about the voracity of the Connolly rumour says the story originated from yourself.(LMFAO) Trying to unsettle tbe opposition?

Fake News?

Very impressive vocabulary oldfogey, although I'm not sure about the veracity of it all

(BTW I think that the suggestion of paying €40k for Connolly is unlikely to be correct)
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Spiderman
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiderman » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:59 pm

Its gone crazy, cash payments this season for Clifford,Hoare,Duffy,McGrath now Connolly

mr-toyota
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby mr-toyota » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:07 pm

clifford was a free agent
SUPPORT THE DFC TRUST AND PATRON SCHEME http://www.dundalkfc.com/membership.asp

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:07 pm

Spiderman wrote:Its gone crazy, cash payments this season for Clifford,Hoare,Duffy,McGrath now Connolly

There is not necessarily anything wrong with the concept of paying a fee or compensation.

It is more got to do with questions like affordability, value and sustainability.
In the crucial question of value, it can take a while for that to become clear

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Louth4sam » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:46 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
Spiderman wrote:Its gone crazy, cash payments this season for Clifford,Hoare,Duffy,McGrath now Connolly

There is not necessarily anything wrong with the concept of paying a fee or compensation.

It is more got to do with questions like affordability, value and sustainability.
In the crucial question of value, it can take a while for that to become clear

We have the financial clout now to actually pay fees for players but we need to be smart with our money. I'm not suggesting we do this, but if we're to pay fees of 30k each to sign for example, Connolly, Sadlier and Aaron McEneff and stick them on three year deals and ended up selling one across the water for 100k then it is financially worthwhile and you would keep improving the squad.
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:50 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
oldfogey wrote:Everyone I ask about the voracity of the Connolly rumour says the story originated from yourself.(LMFAO) Trying to unsettle tbe opposition?

Fake News?

Very impressive vocabulary oldfogey, although I'm not sure about the veracity of it all

(BTW I think that the suggestion of paying €40k for Connolly is unlikely to be correct)

I would like to say I left you a little egg, but if I can't spell the word, I don't know how to misspell it either. Firesales are a terrible thing but it does depend on their circumstances. Anyway, a house isn't worth the price you put on it, it's what you can actually get for it.

condor
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby condor » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:44 pm

Nice win tonight, 3 more goals and a clean sheet. On a little bit of form now and hopefully
we can keep it going.

dillonb3
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby dillonb3 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:04 pm

Another good win and a cleansheet. Hopefully O'Donnell is still fit for Rosenborg games

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Louth4sam » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:08 pm

Fantastic performance tonight. Utterly dominant. I'd go as far to say that was our best performance of the season. We looked confident, hungry and everybody wanted the ball. Nice cushion between us and the also rans now.
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:40 pm

Louth4sam wrote:Fantastic performance tonight. Utterly dominant. I'd go as far to say that was our best performance of the season. We looked confident, hungry and everybody wanted the ball. Nice cushion between us and the also rans now.

+ 1

The attitude and performance was very encouraging

We kept possession of the ball really well and had much more cutting edge......

Spiderman
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiderman » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:59 pm

Great Win and performance from us,seems bray are in serious financial trouble from half time press release.

Sneachta
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Sneachta » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:17 am

Some mess in Bray. Clearly they thought by throwing money at it, it would bring crowds, not realising there is no real tradition or a fan base out there. Bit different to Dundalk, even rovers when we were in the first division, we'd bring big crowds to away games and when we came back up the crowds came back. Granted, they died away again but once the investment came, the success came back to Dundalk along with the crowds. We have a good fan base and tradition (when things are going well) but they seem to have zero interest out there. A disaster for them

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Return to “General Discussion”