Rosenborg V Dundalk | Weds 19 July | 6:15pm | Lerkendal Stadium | UEFA Champions League

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Rosenborg V Dundalk | Weds 19 July | 6:15pm | Lerkendal Stadium | UEFA Champions League

Postby Ezeikial » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:42 pm

The odds are stacked against us yet again - but we have lots of reasons to believe in Stephen Kenny and this group.

Over-confidence may be a big issue for Rosenborg - while we have no reason to be fearful

The prize for qualification is enormous.

Shields or O'Donnell may be the only selection call from last week, but SK can spring surprises!

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

ArFella
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Rosenborg V Dundalk | Weds 19 July | 8.15pm | Lerkendal Stadium | UEFA Champions League

Postby ArFella » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:26 pm

Don't know why he would want to deviate from the XI that played Wednesday but then again I don't think anyone saw Mountney starting Wednesday either and he was MOTM for me. In Kenny we trust!
Mon the Town!

Bogger
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Rosenborg V Dundalk | Weds 19 July | 8.15pm | Lerkendal Stadium | UEFA Champions League

Postby Bogger » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:37 pm

Mountney was always going to start.. I'd go with
Connolly over Duffy and hope vemmulund is fit

Zinedine Kilbane
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Zinedine Kilbane » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:09 pm

No way would I have connolly starting. He has a lot to learn. Agree about vemmuland.

Sneachta
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Sneachta » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:20 pm

Yeah Duffy's trajectory in learning is improving. Definitely starts for me. Dylan needs to be patient. His time will come and if he's smart he'll watch how the boys performed last year in Europe on what to do with the ball.

Kenny wasn't too optimistic on vemulund after the match Wednesday. Hopefully things will have settled by then but Paddy looked assured (bar a couple of hoofs) when he came. He's well able to deputise.

Mountney was a revelation on Wednesday. Game of the season.

Rosenborg will have their homework done and you can't blame them for being bullish. I think they'll come at us a bit more, albeit cautiously. Were more than capable of putting in an Alkmaar or dare I say it, hadjuk split display.

The prize on offer for both teams is enormous.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Louth4sam » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:58 pm

Sneachta wrote:Mountney was a revelation on Wednesday. Game of the season.

I honestly didn't see that performance in Mountney. He was fantastic and a must start in Norway
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

brodser
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby brodser » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:43 pm

Heard that Vemmelund is out for 4 weeks.

0rl
Reserves
Reserves

Re: RE: Re: Rosenborg V Dundalk | Weds 19 July | 8.15pm | Lerkendal Stadium | UEFA Champions League

Postby 0rl » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:53 am

brodser wrote:Heard that Vemmelund is out for 4 weeks.

Is there any confirmed update on him yet?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Padna
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Padna » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:22 am

I think the kickoff time is 6.15pm Irish time/7.15pm Norwegian time. Just pointing that out as the thread title indicates it's 8.15pm.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:57 pm

That's correct on the kick off, 6.15 Irish Time, Ezeikial you might amend the title if you get a chance please?

Disaster re Vemmelund out for 4 weeks if correct, he was coming into superb form and really suited this level. Gartland / Barrett then in the middle, Barrett did ok when he came on, but these two will need to be switched on from the start and concentrate on the basic things for a defender, to defend.

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby colymull » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:55 pm

We've been really unlucky with our CH pairings this season. The Gartland/Vemumlund partnership was working really well the past number of games, so to lose Nicky is a blow but Big Paddy is decent, but he just needs to play a simpler ball at times and try to cut out the 60 yard passes!!
King Kenny!

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Rosenborg V Dundalk | Weds 19 July | 6:15pm | Lerkendal Stadium | UEFA Champions League

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:56 pm

Dundalk's Paddy Barrett is expecting Nicklas Bendtner to feature more for Rosenborg in Norway
Barrett marked the former Arsenal striker in the first-leg at Oriel Park

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/ ... s-10814445
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Rosenborg V Dundalk | Weds 19 July | 6:15pm | Lerkendal Stadium | UEFA Champions League

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:00 pm

Gary Rogers says Dundalk will thrive under noisy atmosphere against Rosenborg
The Lilywhites keeper knows what it takes to win at the Lerkendal Stadion

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/ ... e-10809924

Stephen Kenny says that Dundalk will fight for the right to face Celtic in the third round of the Champions League qualifiers
Dundalk were held to a 1-1 draw by Rosenborg at Oriel Park on Wednesday.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/ ... t-10800435

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:59 pm

Fitness test tonight for Vemmelund
DFC | Dundalk FC to assess Vemmelund’s fitness ahead of make-or-break clash
Danish centre-back limped off in 1–1 draw at Oriel Park

https://dundalksport.ie/dfc-kenny-to-as ... 2c49e036f0

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:38 pm

I thought he was completely out of the picture, good news that he has a chance, but at the same time you do not want anyone on the pitch not least in this key area if they are not 100%, the opposition would sniff out any weakness if he is not fully fit.

Its a pity he had to come off in the first leg, as his huge improvement in form was a major factor in our recovery after the Cork defeat, plus he is almost made to play at this level in Europe, looks so comfortable.

Return to “General Discussion”