FAI Senior Cup 2017

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: FAI Senior Cup 2017

Postby Ezeikial » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:19 pm

I Just Want to Hear Him Deny It
There is a story in politics, commonly attributed to Lyndon B. Johnson, about how LBJ wanted to circulate a rumor attacking his opponent in a Texas election. Johnson, it's said, wanted to spread the story that his opponent liked to have sex with barnyard animals. One of LBJ's aides said, "We can't prove he's a pig f----r."
"I know that," replied Johnson. "I just want to hear him deny it."

http://jamillerrampant.blogspot.ie/2006 ... it_27.html

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:45 pm

Tickets are readily available online on the Rovers website for a handling fee of 80c per ticket, with tickets being emailed

http://shamrockrovers.ie/match-tickets/

I expect that tickets are likely to be also available to walk-ups on the evening. Obviously some discretion on wearing colours etc would be wise
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

magarnagle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby magarnagle » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:09 pm

shedsteve wrote:Heard that Rovers are giving us minimum no. of tickets they can as apparently faeces were found in the away section after league cup final. Dunno if true but deplorable if it is.

Did you read that from the brain donor's on foot.ie? If that had really happened they would be screaming from the rooftops about it straight away, why wait until now? Another deflection away from their behaviour on Sunday

thelimerickboy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby thelimerickboy » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:42 pm

To be a donor implies you have something to donate, I don't think they qualify over there.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:33 pm

Ezeikial wrote:Tickets are readily available online on the Rovers website for a handling fee of 80c per ticket, with tickets being emailed

I expect that tickets are likely to be also available to walk-ups on the evening. Obviously some discretion on wearing colours etc would be wise

Nice one, I had a look at that link, tickets available to buy and good system emailing, but it doesn't say what stand.

GSBellew
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby GSBellew » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:36 pm

mike wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:Tickets are readily available online on the Rovers website for a handling fee of 80c per ticket, with tickets being emailed

Nice one, I had a look at that link, tickets available to buy and good system emailing, but it doesn't say what stand.

They are going to be in the home section anyway. I bought tickets for a league game on their site &
had the option of away adult, that option is not there for this game.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:50 pm

If we get through to the FAI Cup Final, it appears that Chris Shields could be back in contention

Kenny 'hopeful' Chris Shields will return before season finishes
THE MIDFIELDER WAS ORIGINALLY RULED OUT THROUGH INJURY

http://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/nati ... eason.html

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:48 pm

Ezeikial wrote:If we get through to the FAI Cup Final, it appears that Chris Shields could be back in contention

Kenny 'hopeful' Chris Shields will return before season finishes
THE MIDFIELDER WAS ORIGINALLY RULED OUT THROUGH INJURY

http://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/nati ... eason.html

He was reportedly seen doing light running before the Harps game.(OFF the playing surface in case anyone is worried)

James09
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby James09 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:47 am

Still a bit early I know but I presume we will be located in the same end we have been for the past 2 cup finals. The view from behind the goals in brutal so don't fancy standing behind the goals again.

Can anyone remember how much the coopeate seats were for the last cup final? I'd much rather pay the extra for better seats and easy bar access would be a added bonus!
▒▓██ D █ U █ N █ D █ A █ L █ K █ F █ C ██▓▒

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:08 am

James09 wrote:Still a bit early I know but I presume we will be located in the same end we have been for the past 2 cup finals. The view from behind the goals in brutal so don't fancy standing behind the goals again.

Can anyone remember how much the coopeate seats were for the last cup final? I'd much rather pay the extra for better seats and easy bar access would be a added bonus!

€30 for premium. Paid for premium in 2015, stood behind the goals last year. I'm going to go back to the premium level this year. Not much atmosphere but a perfect view and good access to everything.

0rl
Reserves
Reserves

Postby 0rl » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:26 am

dundalkfc1903 wrote:
James09 wrote:Still a bit early I know but I presume we will be located in the same end we have been for the past 2 cup finals. The view from behind the goals in brutal so don't fancy standing behind the goals again.

€30 for premium. Paid for premium in 2015, stood behind the goals last year. I'm going to go back to the premium level this year. Not much atmosphere but a perfect view and good access to everything.

What ticket does the Ireland International season ticket include for the FAI cup final? Is it general admission or Premium?

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:47 pm

0rl wrote:
dundalkfc1903 wrote:

What ticket does the Ireland International season ticket include for the FAI cup final? Is it general admission or Premium?

From memory the season tickets holders were all directed to the Premium (or maybe even Box) level. Its easy as they just change the profile on the scanners.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Louth4sam » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:53 pm

0rl wrote:
dundalkfc1903 wrote:

Premium level. You'll get mailed a code where you can download tickets
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

tip on
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby tip on » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:25 pm

I hope That They release a couple of blocks initially rather than just corner lower tier and behind the goals. The people who buy first shouldn't be left with the worst seats.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:23 pm

Open the entire ground on general sale. Dundalk fans don't want to sit with cork fans and vice versa.. just say dundalk fans West stand cork East etc. Season ticket holders getting priority for this are actually shafted as we get the worst tickets. I held out last season and bought kn ticket master. Got great view but ended up in the opposite stand might have been West not sure. The atmosphere in it was dead. It's as if the FAI want it to fail. Look they are guaranteed about 25000 fans just open the thing up and put all tickets on general sale that way groups of fans who travel together can sit together. Remember cup finals are family occasions were people who don't normally go, attend a game.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Return to “General Discussion”