FAI Senior Cup 2017

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

User avatar
ArFella
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:11 pm
Location: Dundalk
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: FAI Senior Cup 2017

Postby ArFella » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:47 am

DundalkChampions wrote:McEleney was our best player Vs BATE last season and Rosenborg twice this season!

Does not do it in big games though! (our 2 biggest games this year were in Europe)


I think the notion of McEleney always going missing in big games is a misnomer, I think it's more accurate to say he always goes missing against Cork. Considering McEleney's obvious talent it is easier for him to play well in a European match against a side that is willing to pass the ball, as opposed to being kicked everytime he goes near the ball and having to deal with a side built to negate the midfield play as Cork are. For that very reason I don't think he should start the cup final given their tactics, especially given that he might not be fully fit.


Mon the Town!

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:00 am
Has thanked: 69 times
Been thanked: 142 times

Re: FAI Senior Cup 2017

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:31 am

ArFella wrote:I think the notion of McEleney always going missing in big games is a misnomer, I think it's more accurate to say he always goes missing against Cork. Considering McEleney's obvious talent it is easier for him to play well in a European match against a side that is willing to pass the ball, as opposed to being kicked everytime he goes near the ball and having to deal with a side built to negate the midfield play as Cork are. For that very reason I don't think he should start the cup final given their tactics, especially given that he might not be fully fit.


Past performance is not a predictor of future results

If McEleney is fit, I think SK will start him - perhaps a tactical re-think is needed to figure out how to get the best out of the leagues most talented player against the leagues most negative midfield
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

User avatar
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 7120
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:08 pm
Location: Iúr Cinn Trá & Ath Cliath
Has thanked: 96 times
Been thanked: 56 times

Re: FAI Senior Cup 2017

Postby mike » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:44 am

I def think he will start McEleney if fit but thinking he might also consider sacrificing a flair or wide player this time to put Shields in to do the same stuff that McCormack will be at on the day. That might cancel out what they do.

A lot will depend on who we have fit, but at the same time it will be hard to see SK not going with his full attacking compliment in an attempt to eventually get the better of Cork this season. He might feel the best way to do that is to attack on both wings, but we have not done well in that area in the games against them so far, apart from the last 20 in the last match.

So does he go cautious and get firm control of the centre of mf, or does he go with his usual style of attacking on both wings, a lot to consider, I`m sure he will get it right.

Latest odds

Dundalk 1/2
Cork 6/4

tip on
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:11 pm
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: FAI Senior Cup 2017

Postby tip on » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:39 pm

Tickets for the final go on sale to st holders today at 2pm. General sale starts tomorrow at the Bohs game. The same stupid policy seems to be in use again with blocks

User avatar
seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2329
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2002 12:35 pm
Location: D'Shed
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 77 times

Re: FAI Senior Cup 2017

Postby seand » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:20 am

Yeh, looks like Ticketmaster and the FAI are going to make it awkward for Dundalk fans, shoving us into the north stand and corners, but fair play to the club who have managed to get them on sale at the last league game

User avatar
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 7120
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:08 pm
Location: Iúr Cinn Trá & Ath Cliath
Has thanked: 96 times
Been thanked: 56 times

Re: FAI Senior Cup 2017

Postby mike » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:35 am

Can anyone recall from last year what price the Premium Level was and if these were /will be only on sale from ticketmaster?

I think it was €29 for adults, but what was the price for kids ?

I know its €10 / €5 in lower parts

User avatar
McNultys Discopants
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:54 am
Location: Dundalk
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: FAI Senior Cup 2017

Postby McNultys Discopants » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:07 am

mike wrote:Can anyone recall from last year what price the Premium Level was and if these were /will be only on sale from ticketmaster?

I think it was €29 for adults, but what was the price for kids ?

I know its €10 / €5 in lower parts


€30 - The club had premium level tickets the last couple of years. I don't know if they sold them or just had a certain amount of complementary tickets for people.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:00 am
Has thanked: 69 times
Been thanked: 142 times

Re: FAI Senior Cup 2017

Postby Ezeikial » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:22 am

seand wrote:Yeh, looks like Ticketmaster and the FAI are going to make it awkward for Dundalk fans, shoving us into the north stand and corners, but fair play to the club who have managed to get them on sale at the last league game


Credit where it is due - having them available tonight makes it convenient for regulars

With such vast capacity that will not sell out, it seems incredible that in previous years it has been made difficult to get tickets for a preferred part of the ground. For previous finals I have invited family and friends who are not regular supporters and have found it to be really frustrating to get decent tickets in the same section, unless all are purchased at the same time.

Depending on how this pans out this year, I may just abandon the family outing thing and simply focus on getting up my own ticket
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1214
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 pm
Has thanked: 89 times
Been thanked: 62 times

Re: FAI Senior Cup 2017

Postby oldfogey » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:25 pm

McNultys Discopants wrote:
mike wrote:Can anyone recall from last year what price the Premium Level was and if these were /will be only on sale from ticketmaster?

I think it was €29 for adults, but what was the price for kids ?

I know its €10 / €5 in lower parts


€30 - The club had premium level tickets the last couple of years. I don't know if they sold them or just had a certain amount of complementary tickets for people.


The club have indicated they will have news on Premium level in due course. The first year I just bought them from the outlet in Clanbrassil St the week of the game. Don't know what areas he had access to, but what he sold me was on the halfway line - perfect.

User avatar
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 7120
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:08 pm
Location: Iúr Cinn Trá & Ath Cliath
Has thanked: 96 times
Been thanked: 56 times

Re: FAI Senior Cup 2017

Postby mike » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:26 pm

Anyone remember if there was a discount for kids in premium level or were all seats there €30?

User avatar
McNultys Discopants
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:54 am
Location: Dundalk
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: FAI Senior Cup 2017

Postby McNultys Discopants » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:21 pm

mike wrote:Anyone remember if there was a discount for kids in premium level or were all seats there €30?


No discount. All seats are €30.

User avatar
cooney
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 202
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:55 pm
Location: Dundalk
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 11 times
Contact:

Re: FAI Senior Cup 2017

Postby cooney » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:44 pm

Have to hand it to Paul brown and co out this morning putting up flags the whole length of the bypass on every pole looks the business ... wouldn’t see our town council giving a toss. Fair play

User avatar
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 7120
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:08 pm
Location: Iúr Cinn Trá & Ath Cliath
Has thanked: 96 times
Been thanked: 56 times

Re: FAI Senior Cup 2017

Postby mike » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:29 pm

Great to hear, and its one thing those of the GAA persuasion get right for every big final their club is in.

Note to self, take down the DFC flag from the shed and place in the back of the car tomorrow, then hang outside the house in cup final week!

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:00 am
Has thanked: 69 times
Been thanked: 142 times

Re: FAI Senior Cup 2017

Postby Ezeikial » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:43 am

cooney wrote:Have to hand it to Paul brown and co out this morning putting up flags the whole length of the bypass on every pole looks the business ... wouldn’t see our town council giving a toss. Fair play


Brilliant - that's a real "hands-on" approach by Paul Brown, showing real leadership.

Kudos to all involved.
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

grayzer75
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:12 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: FAI Senior Cup 2017

Postby grayzer75 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:59 pm

Any word when the top tier tickets go on sale?


Return to “General Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], The Heathen and 8 guests