FAI Senior Cup 2017

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: FAI Senior Cup 2017

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:34 pm

But Kenny reckons he can convince the former Candystripe, 25, to stay.

Ahead of Sunday’s FAI Cup final against league champions Cork City, the Lilywhites boss said: “Denmark is his home, his girlfriend is in Denmark. These things are all a factor. Home is calling him but I haven’t written it off.

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/17 ... vemmelund/

This made the news earlier in the week. Suggests no ill-will towards Nico and on that basis he could be given the nod.
Centre half doesnt really concern me though. We need to win the midfield battle tomorrow.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:35 pm

Website confirmation of full squad available including John Mountey who SK says had a "great training week"

Team news

As Stephen confirmed John Mountney resumed full training this week which means the boss has a full squad to choose from going into the final.

http://www.dundalkfc.com/kenny-ready-final-showdown/
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:50 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
mike wrote:12/ Connolly - to change things if we need to get crosses in

13/ Mountney - to add steel into the MF (he was passed fit today)

14/ Shields - as above if he is fit

15/ Stewart - we will need a striker on the bench

16 - Hoare

17 - Sava

This leaves no spot for Grimes and that will be extremely tough if that is the case.

Seven subs the norm - Grimes will be in the squad for sure

My bad, yes this is correct, thought it looked a little light, 6 outfield plus 1 GK, agreed Grimes will be on the bench.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:55 pm

Ezeikial wrote:Website confirmation of full squad available including John Mountey who SK says had a "great training week"

Team news

As Stephen confirmed John Mountney resumed full training this week which means the boss has a full squad to choose from going into the final.

http://www.dundalkfc.com/kenny-ready-final-showdown/

Can only really see this as a curveball to the Cork camp who will be preparing for Connollys pace. I dont see Mountney getting a run.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:58 pm

2 Spare tickets available for Block 103 East Stand Lower
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby seand » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:17 pm

! spare ticket for singing section, 137.... PM me here and I'll pick it up

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:43 pm

Sitting here in silence waiting to go for my bus.

It was in our hands and we handed it to them, Sick. SK doesn’t know how to beat them. We were poor yet they never even tried to play... it seems they know they don’t have to. Fats better than usual against them but sub standard performances everywhere. Heard hundreds screaming at duffy’s short run up. Knew he’d miss as soon as I saw him. I heard someone say Connolly came on.

We threw it away.
There's only one word for that - magic darts...

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:52 pm

El Paso wrote:Sitting here in silence waiting to go for my bus.

It was in our hands and we handed it to them, Sick. SK doesn’t know how to beat them. We were poor yet they never even tried to play... it seems they know they don’t have to. Fats better than usual against them but sub standard performances everywhere. Heard hundreds screaming at duffy’s short run up. Knew he’d miss as soon as I saw him. I heard someone say Connolly came on.

We threw it away.

We just needed to keep playing. We dropped in so deep after Nicos goal and it was totally unnecessary.

I hope I'm wrong but I think Connolly is going to turn out to be the biggest flop, considering the extraordinary fee paid, of the Kenny era. Maybe he would be better suited to athletics. He doesn't look much like a footballer.

Overall it was an enjoyable game, Rogers made a couple of fabulous saves. Duffy played very well and was our only real threat.

Sneachta
Reserves
Reserves

Re: RE: Re: FAI Senior Cup 2017

Postby Sneachta » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:02 pm

dundalkfc1903 wrote:
El Paso wrote:Sitting here in silence waiting to go for my bus.

We threw it away.

We just needed to keep playing. We dropped in so deep after Nicos goal and it was totally unnecessary.

I hope I'm wrong but I think Connolly is going to turn out to be the biggest flop, considering the extraordinary fee paid, of the Kenny era. Maybe he would be better suited to athletics. He doesn't look much like a footballer.

Overall it was an enjoyable game, Rogers made a couple of fabulous saves. Duffy played very well and was our only real threat.
In connollys defence he looked injured after 5 minutes of coming on. He had a serious limp. As did Gannon, Benson, O'Donnell and McMillan. They gave everything but cork looked much fresher towards the end. We played all the football second half, if all the football is passing sideways and backwards. We were set up to sit back from early on. With that approach against a team that has struggled to score since the departure of their star striker is probably a blot on Kenny's conservative notebook.

I thought mountney wouldn't taken a peno before Duffy. I also thought shields would've come on before mountney. A gutting result in the end. We had fantastic support today. We definitely outnumbered cork. Could be wrong.

Overall very disappointing.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

paul1
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby paul1 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:14 pm

As someone said Stephen Kenny does not know how to beat this Cork side, and they no how to play us yet again to many of our players went missing as usual against Cork. You have to hand it to Caufield he knows how to set his team up against us. In a nutshell Cork deserved to win more chances than us an Rodgers getting man of the match proves how much they were on top.

Johnnybegood33
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:16 pm

Have never felt as gutted after a game. Can not offer any congrats. to Cork. Funny , if it was Rovers, Pats , or Bohs , I would be happy for them. Have no respect for Cork , or Mc Nulty. Strange to feel that way. You can have your trophy , but no regard from the football people. Cmon the town.

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby White Horse » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:19 pm

Horrible way to lose.

We were much the better team but failed to translate possession into goals. It took a set piece for us to score, after all.

I can take being beaten by a better team, but not this way.

Johnnybegood33
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:37 pm

The better team by a long way , that's why it's hard to accept , and plus the unprofessional remarks by Mc Nulty .
In all my days following Dundalk , I have never heard anything so vexatious coming from an opponent ( Mc Nulty ), and for that reason , I will not congratulate Cork .

Dundalk10
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Dundalk10 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:50 pm

Just home and watched the post match, mcnulty and Caulfield are obsessed with Dundalk.
If it wasn't for Rogers game could have been over in first half.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:51 pm

I must be the only person in Dundalk not to be offended by McNulty. He was a bit silly, he got caught on camera, nobody died.
In terms of the league format next year, playing all teams 4 times means we need to find a way to beat the top sides again.

Return to “General Discussion”