FAI Senior Cup 2017

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

McNultys Discopants
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: FAI Senior Cup 2017

Postby McNultys Discopants » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:07 pm

Shoco wrote:
All i have ever know all ticket to mean was that there is no paying in on the night, be it a match, a concert, or an event down the local!!

Yeah - same as. I would have thought that was fairly obvious to all.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:56 pm

Shoco wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:According to the website:

This match is all-ticket.

We advise all supporters to purchase their tickets as soon as possible.

Is the club being deliberately obtuse or have no lessons been learned from ticket information around the first game and the EA Sports Cup final?

For the first game they appeared to belatedly understand that this "all-ticket" description was unclear and eventually clarified what this meant via Social Media - saying that it meant no tickets would go on sale on match day.

Is that what this means this time or is it that there is a limited allocation?

Knowing this helps people to make decisions such as whether to take time off work to get tickets tomorrow etc

You really are coming across as a moaner!!

All i have ever know all ticket to mean was that there is no paying in on the night, be it a match, a concert, or an event down the local!!

Your view on anyone being critical is already well known - so the "moaner" accusation cuts no ice with me.

It would be much more helpful to debate the points raised if you disagree.

For the first game which the club labelled "all-ticket", it was possible to buy unsold tickets on the day, despite what was subsequently stated on social media.

If the allocation is limited to the extent that it is likely to be less than the demand - then why not let fans know this rather than a vague term like "all-ticket"

It is hard to understand why anyone would be against the information being clear
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Shoco » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:23 pm

It was clear, limited tickets, first come first served. Thats all i needed to know

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:35 pm

Tickets sold out now anyway. Waiting to see if club gets more from the FAI or rovers.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby seand » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:24 pm

That was a quick sell out for a Tuesday night away match, luckily I was on the phone early this morning. I suspect Rovers might be giving us the minimum they are required too. They didn't have enough to match demand on Sunday, and we've seen in the past that they'd rather have empty seats than extend the away section.

DundalkChampions
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby DundalkChampions » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:31 pm

seand wrote:That was a quick sell out for a Tuesday night away match, luckily I was on the phone early this morning. I suspect Rovers might be giving us the minimum they are required too. They didn't have enough to match demand on Sunday, and we've seen in the past that they'd rather have empty seats than extend the away section.

Dosnt help when the people selling tickets, were selling them to people they know with no season tickets this morning!

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:45 pm

Shoco wrote:It was clear, limited tickets, first come first served. Thats all i needed to know

You got all that from

"This match is all-ticket"

Fair play to you!
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Sneachta
Reserves
Reserves

Re: RE: Re: FAI Senior Cup 2017

Postby Sneachta » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:03 pm

DundalkChampions wrote:
seand wrote:That was a quick sell out for a Tuesday night away match, luckily I was on the phone early this morning. I suspect Rovers might be giving us the minimum they are required too. They didn't have enough to match demand on Sunday, and we've seen in the past that they'd rather have empty seats than extend the away section.

Dosnt help when the people selling tickets, were selling them to people they know with no season tickets this morning!
If that was happening that's a disgrace as they explicitly say that you can only buy with a season ticket and one more only for other season ticket holders. Which is what my ould lad did. In fact dad didn't get a ticket after first attempt. He got a call back after that there were tickets available. Was half thinking of not going to this as I'm almost certain there will be trouble, especially if we win.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:12 pm

To be fair sneachta the gardai have it well policed in tallaght. The only trouble I have seen was at the setanta cup final v rovers. No hassle any other time I have been there. But I think there is unfortunately potential for a very volatile nasty atmosphere irrespective of who wins.

Ezeikial you are to be fair becoming very repetitive in your barbs on the ticket issue. Demand was most certainly always gonna exceed supply so anyone that really wants to go to this game and is a season ticket holder then it was obvious, get to Oriel early in the day and get your ticket. We got 1500 in the EA final as technically that was a neutral venue. While the FAI are in charge tues night it is still a rovers home game and they only have to give us the agreed specified % of capacity tickets. We got about 800 when we won the title in Tallaght, but rovers had nothing to lose or gain that night. They are hardly gonna give us 800 or 1000 tickets to a game they have a vested interest in...
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:20 pm

DundalkChampions wrote:

This was the first thought I had, how could 500 people all be organised with their ST to go or contact oriel in one day (or am)

I missed the cut but I`m on the waiting list. Rovers fans were hopping mad at only getting 500 last Sunday, we might be doing well to get more if they are going down the route of tit for tat, but its a much bigger stadium, an additional 250 or so wouldn't be that much of an ask.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:24 pm

mike wrote: Rovers fans were hopping mad at only getting 500 last Sunday, we might be doing well to get more if they are going down the route of tit for tat, but its a much bigger stadium, an additional 250 or so wouldn't be that much of an ask.

According to Rovers Instagram post at the weekend they got 850 tickets for Oriel Park

shamrockroversofficialSemi Final Sunday! ..... 850 travelling away fans heading to Dundalk to support the team. Safe travel everyone and play your part. #WeAreRovers #SheWore

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZspiBnDYCk/

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:30 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote:Ezeikial you are to be fair becoming very repetitive in your barbs on the ticket issue.

Unfortunately - I think you are right, primarily because ticketing problems and associated poor communications are a reoccurring issue. The problems are not that difficult to resolve, but their seems to be little willingness to do so

Sneachta
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Sneachta » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:56 pm

Apparently we got an extra 200 tickets

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:01 pm

Sneachta wrote:Apparently we got an extra 200 tickets

Sneachta wrote:Apparently we got an extra 200 tickets

Good stuff if true, but also worried that they could be prxxks about this and just reciprocate the 500 we gave them.

shedsteve
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby shedsteve » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:10 pm

Heard that Rovers are giving us minimum no. of tickets they can as apparently faeces were found in the away section after league cup final. Dunno if true but deplorable if it is.

Return to “General Discussion”