FAI Senior Cup 2017

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

0rl
Reserves
Reserves

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: FAI Senior Cup 2017

Postby 0rl » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:13 am

0rl wrote:
grayzer wrote:
0rl wrote:I got 6 in block 303 yesterday around 5pm from Oriel.

Ticketmaster at the same time were offering 310 over in the corner and I think they wanted an extra 18 in "fees".

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

People need to relax about premium level blocks - they're irrelevant!!!
I'll hunt you down grayzer if I see you trespassing in my block....

Of course there's 2 issues with that

1 I don't know what you look like
2 I've no idea if you have block 303

:-)

grayzer
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: RE: Re: FAI Senior Cup 2017

Postby grayzer » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:14 am

0rl wrote:
grayzer wrote:

Ticketmaster at the same time were offering 310 over in the corner and I think they wanted an extra 18 in "fees".

I'll hunt you down grayzer if I see you trespassing in my block....

I'll buy you a pint! ;-)
In Kenny we trust.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: FAI Senior Cup 2017

Postby mike » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:45 am

grayzer wrote:

I didn't realise this, but from previous cup finals, there are acres of space in this area so you must be able to move around ok.

Tigger1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Tigger1 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:27 am

Firstly lads I would like to wish both teams the best of luck on Sunday. As a City fan I hope we win, but Dundalk are favourites and rightly so IMO. Regarding the minutes applause in the 29th minute I think you'll see this will be very well received by the City Fans. We are what we are but when something so tragic likes this happens it hammers home exactly what and who we are. CTID.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:10 pm

mike wrote:
grayzer wrote:

I didn't realise this, but from previous cup finals, there are acres of space in this area so you must be able to move around ok.

Not just in Premium Lvel. I had a couple of youngsters with us in 2015 whose parents stumped up for PL tickets. They disappeared off exploring as soon as we got to our seats, next thing my daughter spotted them in the middle of the block immediately behind our goal.

Dundalk10
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Dundalk10 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:17 pm

I was in last year early enough with tickets for lower level and was told I could go into premium level if I wanted. Absolutely zero atmosphere in them so headed back down. Tickets for lower level are unreserved seating.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:09 pm

Is the cup final this weekend?
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby colymull » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:19 pm

The excitement is really building now! I took a walk through town earlier and there’s lads out selling scarfs on Earl St, a stall selling hats and flags outside the Ulster Bank and lots of flags outside the shops and pubs!
The trains and buses from Oriel are sold out and who knows how many other buses are going.
Huge numbers from town and beyond are making the journey in the hope that the good guys come back over Hill St bridge with the cup in hand tomorrow night. And on the current form of both teams, I can only see one winner! C’mon the Town!!
King Kenny!

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby White Horse » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:18 pm

Any thoughts about the starting line up?

I'd go with:

Rogers

Gannon Gartland Hoare Massey/Grimes
Benson O'Donnell McGrath
McEleney Duffy
McMillan

McGrath has been a revelation recently, good tackling, passing, and finishing. I think we need three in midfield to compete against McCormack, Buckley, and Morrissey. McEleney adds little in that battle but is too good to leave out entirely. Connolly just hasn't settled in yet. No place for Vemellend, the players who want to play for the club are the ones I want to see play.

paul1
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby paul1 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:29 pm

White Horse wrote:Any thoughts about the starting line up?

I'd go with:

Rogers

Benson O'Donnell McGrath
McEleney Duffy
McMillan

McGrath has been a revelation recently, good tackling, passing, and finishing. I think we need three in midfield to compete against McCormack, Buckley, and Morrissey. McEleney adds little in that battle but is too good to leave out entirely. Connolly just hasn't settled in yet. No place for Vemellend, the players who want to play for the club are the ones I want to see play.

Bit harsh on Vemmelund he was only been honest in what he said,you say you want to see players who want to play for the club yet there is huge doubt if Benson, McEleney or McMillan want to be here next season with none of the above three signing their contracts!!

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby White Horse » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:37 pm

paul1 wrote:
White Horse wrote:Any thoughts about the starting line up?

I'd go with:

Rogers

Benson O'Donnell McGrath
McEleney Duffy
McMillan

Bit harsh on Vemmelund he was only been honest in what he said,you say you want to see players who want to play for the club yet there is huge doubt if Benson, McEleney or McMillan want to be here next season with none of the above three signing their contracts!!

Yes, it is harsh. However, publicly stating plans to leave, contrary to the request of the manager is a line he should not have crossed.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:45 pm

Assuming all are fit, this is the team I expect to start

---------------------Rogers------------------
Gannon----Gartland----Hoare----Massey
----------O'Donnell------Benson-----------
Connolly---------McEleney---------Duffy
-------------------McMillan----------------

Vemmelund V Hoare
If Vemmelund started it would indicate that SK is happy with his mental approach to the game - the defence would be stronger with him alongside Gartland, but I have no worries about Hoare

McGrath V Connolly
Jamie McGrath has been in excellent form in recent weeks, but I expect Connolly will start because of the threat his pace can deliver - especially on a big pitch.

Shields V O'Donnell
Chris Shields is a big game player and is likely to make an appearence at some point, but if fully fit O'Donnell and Benson are likely to start ahead of him

McEleney V McEleney
I hope he is fully fit and can get into the game. If his fitness and attitude is right the stage is his to shine. Our hopes rest significantly on his impact
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:09 pm

I suppose there are two ways of looking at the line up, what we want and what we think SK will play.

I think White Horse makes a very good point on wanting battlers in the middle and that might be enough to warrant a start for McGrath, I honestly think he will be very close to starting. I'd like to see Connolly start for his width, and that's a word SK has been using quite a lot, width on both wings, so its going to be a very close call on a few key positions. Ezeikial makes good comparisons above, maybe Id also include Massey v Grimes, but the former seems to be back in favour. I love the last one, McEleney v McEleney, hopefully his top form will be on display.

I get WH point on Vemmelund but Paul also to be fair makes a valid point, we ma be seeing the last of McMillan/Benson, maybe Gannon too, but the likely move back to Denmark should have been kept under wraps.

Taking all into account, and looking at the best talent we have available in these key positions, I think SK will go with below.

.....................Rogers..........

Gannon... Gartland...Vemmelund...Massey

...........Benson ....O'Donnell .............

McGrath.........McEleney...........Duffy

....................McMillan

I might be a little off formation with the MF 3 ahead of Benson and O'Donnell, but I'm starting to think he will accommodate the formation to have McGrath in there. Its going to be a close call though with Connolly, but what has McGrath done recently, not to warrant a starting spot?

12/ Connolly - to change things if we need to get crosses in

13/ Mountney - to add steel into the MF (he was passed fit today)

14/ Shields - as above if he is fit

15/ Stewart - we will need a striker on the bench

16 - Hoare

17 - Sava

This leaves no spot for Grimes and that will be extremely tough if that is the case.

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby colymull » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:21 pm

I’ve a feeling that now Vemmulund has made his future public knowledge that it may feel like a weight off. I could be completely wrong but his last couple of performances gave the impression of a man with his mind elsewhere. Perhaps now that it’s out there, he has one more top performance in him in the Black & White. He’d be my pick to partner Garts anyway!
King Kenny!

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:31 pm

mike wrote:12/ Connolly - to change things if we need to get crosses in

13/ Mountney - to add steel into the MF (he was passed fit today)

14/ Shields - as above if he is fit

15/ Stewart - we will need a striker on the bench

16 - Hoare

17 - Sava

This leaves no spot for Grimes and that will be extremely tough if that is the case.

Seven subs the norm - Grimes will be in the squad for sure

Return to “General Discussion”