Dundalk V Shamrock Rovers | Sun 23 July | 5pm | Oriel Park

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

paul1
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Dundalk V Shamrock Rovers | Sun 23 July | 5pm | Oriel Park

Postby paul1 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:53 am

It shows how poor we are , I would disagree with a few that think we will be favourites to win the league next season, I think we are to inconsistent you just can't trust us to put in a good performance, we haven't come back from when we fall behind and we don't play at a high enough tempo instead of winning the league id be more worried that the teams below us especially Rovers will get closer. Big issuses were never addressed or a blind eye was cover in the goalkeeper, a player to cover for ODonnell as he can't play a run of games and quality up front, until these positions are filled forget about a league challenge , I'd go as far as saying that out of the signings Vemmelund,McGrath,Hoare,Clifford the only one that has been excellent is Vemmelund the rest have been dreadful and I wouldn't be to keen on keeping any of the others but I can't see Kenny admitting he got so many signings wrong so I expect one or two of them will be kept.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:53 pm

El Paso wrote:Watching the goals Bohs have scored tonight... how on earth did we play 180+ minutes of football against Rovers and only score once? They are awful at the back.

Because Akinade is a beast.. while we have mcmillan. Akinade would score goals at will for Dundalk. They play a different style of football Akinade tortures us every year we play bohs.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

magarnagle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby magarnagle » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:42 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote:
El Paso wrote:Watching the goals Bohs have scored tonight... how on earth did we play 180+ minutes of football against Rovers and only score once? They are awful at the back.

Because Akinade is a beast.. while we have mcmillan. Akinade would score goals at will for Dundalk. They play a different style of football Akinade tortures us every year we play bohs.

I wonder about this, he's certainly impressive for Bohs but would he suit our slower build up style of play? Also his medical history would have to be taken into account

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:05 pm

magarnagle wrote:
niall_hearty2000 wrote:

I wonder about this, he's certainly impressive for Bohs but would he suit our slower build up style of play? Also his medical history would have to be taken into account

I suspect many would be more concerned about another aspect of his history
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:23 pm

I suppose that depends on whether people feel that a crime deserves a life sentence (relative to other crimes)

Spiderman
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiderman » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:58 pm

Well in this case he should have got life thats if you feel akinade and two of his buddies that gang raped a child is ok! He could score 100 goals a season for all I care there is no chance Dundalk will ever sign a convicted rapist adding in that sponsors would run a mile.

DundalkChampions
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby DundalkChampions » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:45 pm

Spiderman wrote:Well in this case he should have got life thats if you feel akinade and two of his buddies that gang raped a child is ok! He could score 100 goals a season for all I care there is no chance Dundalk will ever sign a convicted rapist adding in that sponsors would run a mile.

Good job we got rid of a certain young lad at start of the year. thrown out of Brubakers for dodgy activity in the toilets Sunday night (drugs nothing sexually)

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:58 pm

I know nothing of the incident other than his conviction and I'm certainly not condoning what happened. I'm just pointing out the need for relative thinking on all crimes and the price people should pay. I could make an equally strong case for a life sentence for a death caused by drunk driving.

Having said all that I accept that each has a different view on life and don't intend starting a long running argument.

Return to “General Discussion”