Shamrock Rovers V Dundalk | Sat 16 Sept | 3:00pm | Tallaght Stadium | EA Sports Cup Final

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Shamrock Rovers V Dundalk | Sat 16 Sept | 3:00pm | Tallaght Stadium | EA Sports Cup Final

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:21 pm

It appears that the double headed coin toss has already happened and Tallaght is the venue.

Ironically it probable suits the team well. Many supporters will also relish the outing and victory will be all the sweeter

The 2017 EA SPORTS Cup Final between Shamrock Rovers and Dundalk will take place in Tallaght Stadium on Saturday, September 16 at 3pm.
Now in its 44th year, the competition offers up the first piece of in-season silverware for SSE Airtricity League clubs and the final will be broadcast live on eir Sport.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/socce ... 01274.html

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Shamrock Rovers V Dundalk | Sat 16 Sept | 3:00pm | Tallaght Stadium | EA Sports Cup Final

Postby mike » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:08 am

I don't have an issue with Tallaght. Last tie between the two at the EA Final was in oriel.

Fair enough to me.

fastnbulbous
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Shamrock Rovers V Dundalk | Sat 16 Sept | 3:00pm | Tallaght Stadium | EA Sports Cup Final

Postby fastnbulbous » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:05 am

Tallaght Stadium is pretty much a neutral venue given Dundalk's familiarity with the ground ...

Should be a full house, a good atmosphere and interesting game.

Sneachta
Reserves
Reserves

Re: RE: Re: Shamrock Rovers V Dundalk | Sat 16 Sept | 3:00pm | Tallaght Stadium | EA Sports Cup Final

Postby Sneachta » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:44 am

mike wrote:I don't have an issue with Tallaght. Last tie between the two at the EA Final was in oriel.

Fair enough to me.
Yup, will look forward to the trip. On a Saturday too which is great.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:33 pm

Hopefully ticket promotions will start soon on this - it is just over 2 weeks away now and will need a decent level of promotion shortly in order to maximise our support in Tallaght
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:40 pm

Perfect time to push sales will be the night of the Drogs match.

I can't remember the price of tickets for the league cup final last time there with Rovers or the Setanta one v Sligo. Anyone recall if these were reduced to €10 adults like the fai cup final?

I don't think they were for some reason?

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:02 am

The ticket prices for the last EA Sports Cup Final in Oriel Park in 2014 were €15 all areas for adults.

The match is an FAI controlled event, but you can expect similar prices this time

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:34 pm

TV coverage now announced - likely to impact on the travelling support to some extent

Eir Sport have announced that they will be showing the upcoming EA Sports Cup Final between Shamrock Rovers & Dundalk on September 16th.

http://leagueofireland.ie/index.php/201 ... eir-sport/

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:28 pm

Double post.
Last edited by oldfogey on Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:42 pm

Nothing new in that. Its always been televised ever since Setanta sponsored it. We had over 2000 at the last final against Rovers. No reason we cant sell 3000 this time. No way I want to see green and white on our side of the pitch.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:25 pm

oldfogey wrote:Nothing new in that. Its always been televised ever since Setanta sponsored it. We had over 2000 at the last final against Rovers. No reason we cant sell 3000 this time. No way I want to see green and white on our side of the pitch.

Perhaps you are confusing the League of Ireland Cup (League Cup / EA Sports Cup) with the Setanta Sports Cup

The last time we played in the League Cup final against Rovers was in Oriel Park in 2014 when we were on the verge of winning our first trophy of the Kenny era. This along with the obvious added convenience of not having to travel ensured TV coverage was irrelevant to the Lilywhite attendance

Back in 2011 we played Rovers in Tallaght in the Setanta Sports Cup final, and there was also a unique feel to it, being our first Setanta final ever and first major final in ages.

If we are to sell out the c 3,000 seats in the East Stand in Tallaght for this final , it will probably require some promotion

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:24 am

Ezeikial wrote:
oldfogey wrote:Nothing new in that. Its always been televised ever since Setanta sponsored it. We had over 2000 at the last final against Rovers. No reason we cant sell 3000 this time. No way I want to see green and white on our side of the pitch.

Perhaps you are confusing the League of Ireland Cup (League Cup / EA Sports Cup) with the Setanta Sports Cup

The last time we played in the League Cup final against Rovers was in Oriel Park in 2014 when we were on the verge of winning our first trophy of the Kenny era. This along with the obvious added convenience of not having to travel ensured TV coverage was irrelevant to the Lilywhite attendance

Back in 2011 we played Rovers in Tallaght in the Setanta Sports Cup final, and there was also a unique feel to it, being our first Setanta final ever and first major final in ages.

If we are to sell out the c 3,000 seats in the East Stand in Tallaght for this final , it will probably require some promotion

it was our first Setanta cup but not our first All Ireland final which we won in 1940-41 Dublin-Belfast city cup final, which was the Setanta Cup all Ireland final of its day.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:45 am

niall_hearty2000 wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:

it was our first Setanta cup but not our first All Ireland final which we won in 1940-41 Dublin-Belfast city cup final, which was the Setanta Cup all Ireland final of its day.

Apologies to all, I was confusing both competitions. I do believe, however that Setanta/Eir have been televising the final for some time.

Jim Murphy
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Jim Murphy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:57 am

"It was our first Setanta cup but not our first All Ireland final which we won in 1940-41 Dublin-Belfast city cup final, which was the Setanta Cup all Ireland final of its day."
It was actually 1941/42 and we defeated Rovers 1-0 in the final. Artie Kelly scored for us.
We also played them in the 1948/49 final, losing 3-0 in the last time this trophy was played.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:33 pm

Priority sales to season ticket holders starts on Tues at 12:00 and runs through Weds.

For some unknown reason ticket sales are limited to one per season ticket - I presume that seats are not allocated, but the website gives no information on this.

I can't understand why the club cannot learn from previous experiences around this nonsense

General sales info will be announced on Wednesday

http://www.dundalkfc.com/tickets-ea-sports-cup/

Return to “General Discussion”