Shamrock Rovers V Dundalk | Sat 16 Sept | 3:00pm | Tallaght Stadium | EA Sports Cup Final

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

GSBellew
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Shamrock Rovers V Dundalk | Sat 16 Sept | 3:00pm | Tallaght Stadium | EA Sports Cup Final

Postby GSBellew » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:58 am

The tickets I have are for the West stand as well, they told me they received 1100 tickets and were trying to get more.

Sneachta
Reserves
Reserves

Re: RE: Re: Shamrock Rovers V Dundalk | Sat 16 Sept | 3:00pm | Tallaght Stadium | EA Sports Cup Final

Postby Sneachta » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:20 am

buster wrote:Thinking twice about traveling,don't feel safe with grandkids in tallaght .I have enjoyed our champions league games there but when playing rovers anything can happen just thinking of the safety angle for kids.I have spoken to other supporters and a lot aren't traveling for various reasons .
Nonsense. Never a problem going there and I live in Dublin. Unless you're travelling via the luas or you decide to park in jobstown, must be sensible and park in the shopping centre, walk across and enjoy the match.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Shamrock Rovers V Dundalk | Sat 16 Sept | 3:00pm | Tallaght Stadium | EA Sports Cup Final

Postby Ezeikial » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:04 am

It seems that so far approx 3,600 have been allocated to Rovers and 1,100 allocated to Dundalk. Out of the remaining 1,300 must come the normal FAI allocation for sponsors, spoofs and alickadoos. This does not leave a lot of scope for much increase in our allocation.

Perhaps the demand from Dundalk will be low, but it seems strange to me that there has been little to no obvious effort by the club to stimulate demand
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:26 pm

https://audioboom.com/posts/6286820-vin ... -09-17?t=0

Interesting interview with Vinny. Talks about how good our grass training pitch is now. High praise for harry taffe

McNultys Discopants
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: RE: Re: Shamrock Rovers V Dundalk | Sat 16 Sept | 3:00pm | Tallaght Stadium | EA Sports Cup Final

Postby McNultys Discopants » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:14 am

Sneachta wrote:
buster wrote:Thinking twice about traveling,don't feel safe with grandkids in tallaght .I have enjoyed our champions league games there but when playing rovers anything can happen just thinking of the safety angle for kids.I have spoken to other supporters and a lot aren't traveling for various reasons .
Nonsense. Never a problem going there and I live in Dublin. Unless you're travelling via the luas or you decide to park in jobstown, must be sensible and park in the shopping centre, walk across and enjoy the match.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Say that to the lads who were minding their own business walking over to the Setanta cup final a few years back v Rovers before being ambushed my a mob of the pure scumbags. While I've never been caught up in any trouble myself, I missed that fracas by mere seconds and have also just got onto a bus and seen the one just after us get pelted with rocks/stones - always a nasty element to Tallaght when Rovers are involved.

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Shoco » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:50 pm

Mate went over to buy a ticket at lunch time today and was told all tickets had been sold, they hope to receive more

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:17 pm

Shoco wrote:Mate went over to buy a ticket at lunch time today and was told all tickets had been sold, they hope to receive more

There is something badly askew here.

It beggars belief that only 1,000 - 1,100 tickets were allocated to Dundalk by the FAI in the first instance.

While it may well be the case that more tickets are secured, we should not be in the position that people are being turned away today.

I can't see any updates posted by the club on the website or Social Media although the FAI Cup draw tonight is highlighted
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:08 pm

There seems to be a really low key approach to next Saturdays final - although the website has been updated for the FAI Cup draw, you need to look hard to find any information on tickets for the EA Sports Cup Final; you would need to navigate to the second page of the News section where it is the 12th item listed, with no link from the home page. (The information has not been updated)

I am well aware that some people freak out at anything that even marginally resembles a criticism of club promotions, marketing or communications, but this appears very poor on behalf of the club

Johnny Guitar
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Johnny Guitar » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:42 pm

Or maybe it's just a "not again moment" that a former communications officer is trolling the website giving out about lack of information.

BTW I think you have a point but honestly anyone I know who follows dfc knows the final is on saturday. Some are staying put and not going and some are.
Stephen Kenny's Black & White Army

Smokie
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Smokie » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:18 pm

Ezeikial wrote:There seems to be a really low key approach to next Saturdays final - although the website has been updated for the FAI Cup draw, you need to look hard to find any information on tickets for the EA Sports Cup Final; you would need to navigate to the second page of the News section where it is the 12th item listed, with no link from the home page. (The information has not been updated)

I am well aware that some people freak out at anything that even marginally resembles a criticism of club promotions, marketing or communications, but this appears very poor on behalf of the club

The club are always looking for volunteers. I'm sure if you offer your help in any areas you think are lacking at the moment they would greatly appreciate & accept it.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:14 am

Johnny Guitar wrote:Or maybe it's just a "not again moment" that a former communications officer is trolling the website giving out about lack of information.

BTW I think you have a point but honestly anyone I know who follows dfc knows the final is on saturday. Some are staying put and not going and some are.

Is your post a little contradictory?

You think that my point is valid, but yet imply that club-issued information and promotion can have no bearing on the numbers supporting the team next Saturday! Do you think availability of tickets might have any impact on anyone's decision?

I get it completely that you get incensed by anything you see as critical of the club whether fair or not, but the trolling comment is nonsense. I am not slow to praise and support things that I see as positive and equally so to comment critically when I think it is justified. I understand that some people, like you, are not comfortable with that

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Louth4sam » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:53 pm

I for one think the club has got it right. For the first time in years they actually had tickets available at the previous game. As an exile this is the only way I can actually buy tickets without calling in favours from friends and family.

We've sold over a thousand tickets to the league cup final and will likely have many more that will pay in on the day. I doubt any away side has bright that many fans to the league cup final in recent years
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:48 pm

Louth4sam wrote:I for one think the club has got it right. For the first time in years they actually had tickets available at the previous game. As an exile this is the only way I can actually buy tickets without calling in favours from friends and family.

We've sold over a thousand tickets to the league cup final and will likely have many more that will pay in on the day. I doubt any away side has bright that many fans to the league cup final in recent years

The game is normally ticket (through your club) only to maintain segregation. If the club don't get more, we're screwed. Having said that, sharing the stand with Rover s fans will undoubtedly put some people off.

punkha
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby punkha » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:12 pm

From talking to the helpful girl in Oriel today it seems we might not get anymore tickets.
I was always under the impression that although played in one of the finalists grounds it was technically a neutral venue and as such tickets should be split 50/50?
For Rovers to get a ratio of about 4:1 in their favour seems very unfair.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:02 pm

if memory serves me correctly for the 2014finalv rovers in oriel, the rovers fans got a god 1/3 of the main stand and allof the away end and the temporary stand. lot more than 1100 tickets in a smaller venue.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Return to “General Discussion”