SK. 2020

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: SK. 2020

Postby El Paso » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:14 pm

Robbie Keane

"With the closing of one chapter comes an exciting new adventure. I am incredibly proud, honoured and excited to now be working alongside Mick McCarthy, Terry Connor and the Irish international team over the next number of years. This is a role I have massive passion, energy and enthusiasm for and I hope to use my experiences to contribute towards a bright future in Irish football."

LOL

londonlilywhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby londonlilywhite » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:15 am

El Paso wrote:Robbie Keane

"With the closing of one chapter comes an exciting new adventure. I am incredibly proud, honoured and excited to now be working alongside Mick McCarthy, Terry Connor and the Irish international team over the next number of years. This is a role I have massive passion, energy and enthusiasm for and I hope to use my experiences to contribute towards a bright future in Irish football."

LOL

Obviously missed the memo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I miss Kilkenny City

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:45 am

londonlilywhite wrote:

LOL

Maybe not. According to McCarthy Keane contacted him looking for a job. I wonder does HIS contract expire in August 2020? It would be convenient for the FAI to foist Keane onto SK, giving them a fifth columnist on the backroom staff.

muppet
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby muppet » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:44 pm

oldfogey wrote:
londonlilywhite wrote:

LOL

Maybe not. According to McCarthy Keane contacted him looking for a job. I wonder does HIS contract expire in August 2020? It would be convenient for the FAI to foist Keane onto SK, giving them a fifth columnist on the backroom staff.

Never mind foisting him on Kenny, I wouldn’t be surprised if Delaney finds a way to give Robbie Keane the main job when McCarthy leaves.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneachta » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:31 pm

Long and reliable international servants don't always make good coaches. More hopeful for duff than Keane in that department

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:43 pm

Plenty of media exposure for Stephen today. Here’s a bit about his Marian Finucane interview: http://bit.ly/2BJebn6.

Interesting to see the way all his talk is about the senior job. He knows what Delaney has done. Trick for him now is not to be forgotten about. He has made friends with the football journos, not a single one of whom has asked what he can achieve in 20 months and half a campaign in his new role. He will need to use them.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:15 pm

SK is certainly not the normal sports manager interviewee

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer ... 84585.html
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Return to “General Discussion”