SK. 2020

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: SK. 2020

Post by El Paso » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:14 pm

Robbie Keane
"With the closing of one chapter comes an exciting new adventure. I am incredibly proud, honoured and excited to now be working alongside Mick McCarthy, Terry Connor and the Irish international team over the next number of years. This is a role I have massive passion, energy and enthusiasm for and I hope to use my experiences to contribute towards a bright future in Irish football."
LOL

londonlilywhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by londonlilywhite » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:15 am

El Paso wrote:Robbie Keane
"With the closing of one chapter comes an exciting new adventure. I am incredibly proud, honoured and excited to now be working alongside Mick McCarthy, Terry Connor and the Irish international team over the next number of years. This is a role I have massive passion, energy and enthusiasm for and I hope to use my experiences to contribute towards a bright future in Irish football."
LOL

Obviously missed the memo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I miss Kilkenny City

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:45 am

londonlilywhite wrote:
LOL

Maybe not. According to McCarthy Keane contacted him looking for a job. I wonder does HIS contract expire in August 2020? It would be convenient for the FAI to foist Keane onto SK, giving them a fifth columnist on the backroom staff.

muppet
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by muppet » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:44 pm

oldfogey wrote:
londonlilywhite wrote:

LOL

Maybe not. According to McCarthy Keane contacted him looking for a job. I wonder does HIS contract expire in August 2020? It would be convenient for the FAI to foist Keane onto SK, giving them a fifth columnist on the backroom staff.
Never mind foisting him on Kenny, I wouldn’t be surprised if Delaney finds a way to give Robbie Keane the main job when McCarthy leaves.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sneachta » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:31 pm

Long and reliable international servants don't always make good coaches. More hopeful for duff than Keane in that department

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:43 pm

Plenty of media exposure for Stephen today. Here’s a bit about his Marian Finucane interview: http://bit.ly/2BJebn6.

Interesting to see the way all his talk is about the senior job. He knows what Delaney has done. Trick for him now is not to be forgotten about. He has made friends with the football journos, not a single one of whom has asked what he can achieve in 20 months and half a campaign in his new role. He will need to use them.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:15 pm

SK is certainly not the normal sports manager interviewee

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer ... 84585.html
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:33 pm

Stephen Kenny wins soccer writers award

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2019/01 ... ers-award/
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:59 pm

Must have been up early to make it to Spain in time for today’s U16 friendly against Germany

lilywhite66
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by lilywhite66 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:17 pm

SK doing an excellent job with the 21s Brazil up next in the semi-finals best of luck.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sneachta » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:10 am

Sooner he gets the senior job the better. He says positive things and he gets players playing positively no matter what level they are playing at.

I've more interest in attending the u21s than the senior team. The senior team are a disgrace.

dell1
Reserves
Reserves

Post by dell1 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:51 pm

I watched the game v Bahrain and you could see Stephen Kenny's stamp on the side already. They played out from the back as much as possible, work ethic was high, looked confident on the ball in that players wanted the ball all the times. Obviously a work in progress but a semi-final first time out!! Much bigger test tomorrow v Brazil. 4.30ko and is on FreeSports. Easily gotten on mobdro.
Good to see Dundalk fan on the bench Kevin Mulholland too involved on the physio side of things on secondment fom Southampton!

dell1
Reserves
Reserves

Post by dell1 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:14 pm

Sneachta wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:10 am
Sooner he gets the senior job the better. He says positive things and he gets players playing positively no matter what level they are playing at.

I've more interest in attending the u21s than the senior team. The senior team are a disgrace.

In fairness McCarthy has improved the Irish senior side already. Yup the two game against Gibralter were awful but the Georgia game was a solid perormance and v Denmark we were competative if blessed to get the point. We look like we are set up with some confidence in the players ability. No better motivator than McCarthy if the international team is pretty average. At the height of Charlton's era we always struggled agains 'minnows' including a 0-0 with Leichenstein(?). I think McCarthy is setting a solid base for SK tbh. We do tend to perform best when up against it so while 9 of 10 points are against the weakest sides they were banana skins that we got there regardless. I fear the backlash against SK in due course if we are not qualifying as he builds ala or unlike O'Neill up north. No matter what people thin of the granny rule I think either McCarthy or Kenny would have made sure Rice and to a lesser extent Grealish would have them happy in the Irish setup or capped and tied down. It's all a lot more positive in general than recent years. Its odd that many of us are club before country but maybe we are not a million miles from both being connected like generations past. Gannon has a damn lot more pace than Coleman ;) More European football and ye just never know.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sneachta » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:26 am

I did similarly think Gannon was a future Ireland player but Coleman is light years ahead of him afraid. Coleman has nobody in front of him to play with and only got forward twice in the Denmark game.

I could be proved wrong, but I cannot see us get anything from the three games against Switzerland or Denmark. We will be lucky to get another draw.

The 0-0 against Lichtenstein was when the Charlton era was coming to an end and that team was well and truly maxed out. Ronnie Whealan was still playing in that match. He had to be nearly 40!!?? And it was the infamous play off against the Dutch in anfield that nailed on the end of that side.

I am more hopeful with Kenny, because different to McCarthy and most definitely O'Neill, he will try to get "average" (and I hate using that term cos that is a mentality more so than a fact) playing football as opposed to O'Neill who will flat out defend, or McCarthy who in fairness, in both his stints had tried to play football, but it's the same old same old with McCarthy. It's only a matter of time before it's another 94th minuter against Macedonia, Croatia or Yugoslavia! Heck.....even 92 minutes against Iran! Plus O'Neill and McCarthy are both think c***s with the media.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:05 am

How ironic that the "SK 2020" thread is likely to get moved to Non-Dundalk Talk before 2019 has even finished