SK. 2020

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: SK. 2020

Postby Ezeikial » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:46 pm

On the week that's in it, perhaps this Stephen Kenny interview about James McClean is an apt reminder about SK's talent spotting and player development skills

He might've had a lot of work to do when he was younger but he did that work and he improved so much that, by the time Stephen Kenny picked him up for Derry City, it wasn't the rawness or the fire he was attracted to. It was the tricky winger and what he could do on the ball.

So, inevitably, when the Dundalk manager is asked about hard tackles back in McClean's Derry days, he saw it very differently. He just saw the useful player who was still being overlooked elsewhere - but, of course, he would overcome that.

"He was just a skillful left winger who could take people on. He had pace - he got up and down the left, initially," Kenny told SportsJOE.

"There were players from his school team and players from his class who were picked for Northern Ireland Schoolboys - and some of his friends - and James wasn't picked at that stage.

"But, to me, on the evidence that I could see, he was infinitely more talented. I thought he was quite exciting when I saw him."

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/we-ha ... ing-141726

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:20 pm

Stephen Kenny fourth favourite at 12/1 to become the next Republic of Ireland gaffer

https://talkofthetown.ie/dundalk-boss-s ... d-manager/
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:41 pm

SK was on the Marian Finucane show today, RTE R1 you will get it on play back, search and go to the last 15 mins, he spoke well, when he got the chance to actually speak !

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:21 pm

mike wrote:SK was on the Marian Finucane show today, RTE R1 you will get it on play back, search and go to the last 15 mins, he spoke well, when he got the chance to actually speak !

Wow - that is hard to listen to!

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:57 pm

Dunphy in the Irish Star

Eamon Dunphy thinks Stephen Kenny should replace O'Neill

https://www.buzz.ie/football/eamon-dunp ... ill-262485

Stephen Kenny would be a breath of fresh air as Republic of Ireland manager, but the odds would be stacked against him qualifying for the Euros or World Cup.

Much as I would be delighted for him on a personal level, I would greatly prefer that he achieved lofty ambitions here at Dundalk

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:00 pm

The Republic of Ireland managers job is nearly as precarious as a job in the English top flight, few bad results and the kinives are out and the best fans in the world bail out too. It's a poison chalice for anyone regardless of their CV considering the fickle nature of much of the support. The ironic thing is that given a proper chance Stephen Kenny would change the entire way football is played and developed in this country.

thecaptain
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby thecaptain » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:33 pm

I'm all for SK taking over the national team after 2020 but Balls have lifted the same quotes and it seems James Cox has done a bit of selective editing and if Balls have it right it, again goes to show the absolute guff and spoofery that Dunphy spouts with this line:

"I think Stephen Kenny has proved himself over and over, not just at Dundalk but at Rovers."

Now we all know SK is brilliant but no way can his spell at Rovers be considered a success, through no fault of his own or otherwise.

If most of the Irish public didn't get their opinions from and lap up what that buffoon has said for the last 30 odd years on a national platform for his shite talk we'd be all better for it.
Ian Foster: (On the expectations level at Dundalk): "That's why you want to be involved in management. If I don't do well I'll do my shopping in Newry!"

Ian Foster: Last seen heading for Newry.

Return to “General Discussion”