SK. 2020

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

lilywhite66
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: SK. 2020

Postby lilywhite66 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:04 pm

Lads sk is gone end of story, it's irrelevant to us who spoke to who first do we really care, our focus should now turn to his replacement.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:12 pm

lilywhite66 wrote:Lads sk is gone end of story, it's irrelevant to us who spoke to who first do we really care, our focus should now turn to his replacement.

Agree with this, the quicker we move on the better. Stephen has left us in great shape.
Although I have zero interest in the national side, I wish him well.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:03 pm

No compensation according to big JD. Looks like SK wrangled a get out clause frm Paul and Andy. Madness. For an underage part time job.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:15 pm

Ah well, the quicker we move on etc.

thecaptain
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby thecaptain » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:51 pm

Devastated we've lost Kenny but what a journey from where we were to where we are now, he owes us nothing.

From his perspective bar runs in Europe, he's arguably hit the ceiling of how far we can go, loathe as I am to say it but bar a run or two in Europe and winning the league/ cup what else can he do domestically? The only thing that could have tempted him moving before we cracked Europe again is exactly this, the senior Ireland job and/ or a contracted promise and in the meantime having a major hand in policy, planning and execution of youth development across the board and age groups.

That aside, from our perspective, as I said above devastated and relatively out of the blue given the suddenness of it all. From thinking great, first time in years we're keeping the band together over a close season to this. Thanks to all his work, along with the club and the players, Andy and Paul, the new owners etc over the last few years the club is in fantastic shape on and off the pitch (barring the usual Oriel situation) but we're in for a big, big winter of change that we weren't expecting but the position we're in as a club is excellent.

Of course I expect the usual suspects to be demanding statements and official on the hour, every hour and going full Maude Flanders that they personally are not being briefed by the club on every little thing going on!
Ian Foster: (On the expectations level at Dundalk): "That's why you want to be involved in management. If I don't do well I'll do my shopping in Newry!"

Ian Foster: Last seen heading for Newry.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:05 pm

thecaptain wrote:
Of course I expect the usual suspects to be demanding statements and official on the hour, every hour and going full Maude Flanders that they personally are not being briefed by the club on every little thing going on!

I take your point, although it looks like Stephen Kenny has already started work for a new employer while there has not been a dickie bird from the club.

Do you think that is adequate?
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:10 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
thecaptain wrote:

I take your point, although it looks like Stephen Kenny has already started work for a new employer while there has not been a dickie bird from the club.

What can they say? Delaney shafted us? Kenny turned down the u21's on wed but accepted it fri.. we have no manager in place as yet? We got no compo.so what exactly do you expect the club to say apart from thanks for the memories and the trophies Stephen.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:17 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:
thecaptain wrote:

What can they say? Delaney shafted us? Kenny turned down the u21's on wed but accepted it fri.. we have no manager in place as yet? We got no compo.so what exactly do you expect the club to say apart from thanks for the memories and the trophies Stephen.

Maybe if they ignore it and say nothing everything will be fine?

The absolute minimum is to confirm that he has left the club - although despite the tone of your comment, you actually seem to agree
Last edited by Ezeikial on Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

londonlilywhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby londonlilywhite » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:19 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
niall_hearty2000 wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:

Maybe if they ignore it and say nothing everything will be fine?

The absolute minimum is to confirm that he has left the club

In fairness, I think Dickhead Delaney and the FAI did that job already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I miss Kilkenny City

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:21 pm

Don’t see the point of that myself. We already know that, and we know they’ve been caught on the hop. That would just leave the “where’s my statement?” crowd demanding more. Maybe they want to go through the contract with a lawyer first before saying anything?

shedster
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby shedster » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:25 pm

Coming to terms with the news but Stephen worked miracles for Dundalk and is getting deserved recongition for that success. Hope he smashes it as Ireland manager in 2 years time. What a legend of a man!!!

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:40 pm

If we get no compensation for this it will be an absolute disgrace. If he was sacked we’d have to pay him two years wages. If I was P6 I would vigorously pursue payment legally. These guys don’t suffer fools easily. But if there is a clause we could be screwed.

John Delaney, the state of him today mumbling through his notes, dictator in situ. Would love to see him called out on this.

thecaptain
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby thecaptain » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:51 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:
thecaptain wrote:

Niall & El Paso pretty much sums it up, comment wasn't aimed at yourself, was a general comment as we always get it in case you think it was!

Kenny's press conference is tomorrow at noon, I'm sure the club will have something out to coincide with that either shortly before or after tomorrow afternoon at some stage. It's all hands on deck at the club ever since they found out off Kenny and the FAI yesterday afternoon and what you have to remember is even with things being a hell of a lot more professionally run it's still only what, 3 or 4 full time employees, liaising with Mike and whoever else in the States.

As a PR man yourself and a man who was in that role for the club you know yourself you can't & shouldn't comment on anything and everything and every breaking development of things.
Ian Foster: (On the expectations level at Dundalk): "That's why you want to be involved in management. If I don't do well I'll do my shopping in Newry!"

Ian Foster: Last seen heading for Newry.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:25 pm

thecaptain wrote:
Niall & El Paso pretty much sums it up, comment wasn't aimed at yourself, was a general comment as we always get it in case you think it was!

Kenny's press conference is tomorrow at noon, I'm sure the club will have something out to coincide with that either shortly before or after tomorrow afternoon at some stage. It's all hands on deck at the club ever since they found out off Kenny and the FAI yesterday afternoon and what you have to remember is even with things being a hell of a lot more professionally run it's still only what, 3 or 4 full time employees, liaising with Mike and whoever else in the States.

As a PR man yourself and a man who was in that role for the club you know yourself you can't & shouldn't comment on anything and everything and every breaking development of things.

I didn't assume that your comment was aimed at any specific person.

You ridiculed the notion of people - "demanding statements and official on the hour, every hour and going full Maude Flanders that they personally are not being briefed by the club on every little thing going on" - set against a background where Dundalk FC have said absolutely nothing while the FAI confirmed our manager as their new employee

That is unprecedented in my recollection.

The departure of Stephen Kenny from the club is hardly a minor development - Undoubtedly the club will make a press statement in due course, presumably tomorrow

iloveduffy.com
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby iloveduffy.com » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:58 pm

El Paso wrote:Don’t see the point of that myself. We already know that, and we know they’ve been caught on the hop. That would just leave the “where’s my statement?” crowd demanding more. Maybe they want to go through the contract with a lawyer first before saying anything?

They made one on Sava leaving, they will do one for Kenny
In Kenny we Trust

Return to “General Discussion”