2018 Rumours / Transfers / Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: 2018 Rumours / Transfers / Renewals

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:57 am

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:39 pm

Not always a reliable source, but interesting nevertheless

LOI Transfers

Dundalk have targeted Aaron Bolger of Shamrock Rovers as the long term successor to Stephen O’Donnell & hope to sign by the end of the year at the latest. Bolger is growing increasingly frustrated at his lack of game time at Shamrock Rovers.

https://twitter.com/LoiTransfers/status ... 4663311360
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: RE: Re: 2018 Rumours / Transfers / Renewals

Postby Sneachta » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:25 pm

Ezeikial wrote:Not always a reliable source, but interesting nevertheless

LOI Transfers

Dundalk have targeted Aaron Bolger of Shamrock Rovers as the long term successor to Stephen O’Donnell & hope to sign by the end of the year at the latest. Bolger is growing increasingly frustrated at his lack of game time at Shamrock Rovers.

https://twitter.com/LoiTransfers/status ... 4663311360
Great skill. Very light. Always looked threatening against us last season. A lot of big names ahead of him at rovers now.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:50 pm

Aaron Bolger named U17 International Player of the Year

https://twitter.com/aaronbolger21/statu ... 0868338689

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:52 pm

I was watching an excellent football documentary tonight ‘footballs foreign legion’ (itv4) well worth seeking out as I’m sure it will be repeated. Focused on first modern times players from abroad in England in the late 70’s.

Then I was thinking. For two of our new lads, Chevedukas and more so Adjoran, I know both were sick / injured
But I wonder are they thinking will they get an opportunity this season to show what they can do. I know Chevedukas is on a 2 year deal but Adjoran is on a short term loan to June. We will have over 50 games this year, so should be plenty of games for everyone but SK is not one for chopping and changing key positions and both Shields and Benson are starting to really nail
down two spots. O’Donnell might even find it hard to get in.

I’d like to see more of the two lads, but who can you leave out ?

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:19 am

If Adorjan is a free agent come the summer he could sign for the season. He may have been in diplomatic mode when he was talking about how we play with the ball on the deck but if thats his thinking after playing Serie B, he could be happy to stay especially as our European campaign would just be kicking off. If he was a star performer prior to the summer transfer window he could have other suitors but he has to get in to the team. There are a few players that are behind with fitness as we know, Adorjan, Byrne, Skip, Mountney, Garts and probanly Chevdukas too (Cleary maybe?). We will certainly see a lot more of all of them come the second round of the league. Who to leave out barring any injuries of suspensions - Benson hasnt hit near top form but the manager does stick by players as much as possible until they find some confidence and form so depending on the opposition i think Shields would make way. A team sitting deep Adorjan might be the player you'd want on the pitch, or against Derry, another side who want to play rather than bully; playing Cork Shields would have to start for me and one of O'Donnell and Chevdukas.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:14 pm

Hopefully a future Dundalk player, who is out of contract at the end of this season

‘Ultimately, I don’t think I was ready to go into Tottenham’s first team’
Derry’s Aaron McEneff recalls playing in the same underage side as Harry Kane, establishing himself as a top player in Ireland and words of advice from his late captain.

http://www.the42.ie/aaron-mceneff-inter ... =shortlink

The talk in the close season was that he wanted to come to Dundalk, but the fee sought by Derry ruled out the move.

ArFella
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby ArFella » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:12 pm

Ezeikial wrote:Hopefully a future Dundalk player, who is out of contract at the end of this season

‘Ultimately, I don’t think I was ready to go into Tottenham’s first team’
Derry’s Aaron McEneff recalls playing in the same underage side as Harry Kane, establishing himself as a top player in Ireland and words of advice from his late captain.

http://www.the42.ie/aaron-mceneff-inter ... =shortlink

The talk in the close season was that he wanted to come to Dundalk, but the fee sought by Derry ruled out the move.

I think with the form Pa Hoban is in we wouldn't need Harry Kane, he'd only be warming the bench and collecting a hefty wage
Mon the Town!

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:45 pm

I've been a long time admirer of McEneff and I think he would tick every single box required, would be a fantastic signing.

Another thing I was thinking of recently, we should be having follow up conversations with the better players on short term contracts and those who's contracts run out end of season, not at the end of the season but during the summer.

Try and get them to extend / renew to say 2-3 year deals, and not to have this last min.com rush at the end of year, get the business done early and out of the way.

It would also provide a good boost for the season, for eg 'Robbie Benson has extended his current contract that was expiring at end of the year to 2.5 years' stuff like this.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:30 pm

mike wrote:I've been a long time admirer of McEneff and I think he would tick every single box required, would be a fantastic signing.

Another thing I was thinking of recently, we should be having follow up conversations with the better players on short term contracts and those who's contracts run out end of season, not at the end of the season but during the summer.

Try and get them to extend / renew to say 2-3 year deals, and not to have this last min.com rush at the end of year, get the business done early and out of the way.

It would also provide a good boost for the season, for eg 'Robbie Benson has extended his current contract that was expiring at end of the year to 2.5 years' stuff like this.

I think it's safe to say that is already happening. You don't hear about it unless it's successful because there would always be the hope the player might agree.

It's the agents telling players not to sign an extension that are the problem. While it is depressing for the player, what has happened to Richie is a lesson for them all. Which is more important, trophies and European football or League 1/2 football, or worse still, the reserves?

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:19 pm

mike wrote:I've been a long time admirer of McEneff and I think he would tick every single box required, would be a fantastic signing.

Previously posted last month in the SK2020 thread, repeated below

James Rogers
‏@jamesdundalk

Dundalk manager Stephen Kenny says he has articulated to the club's board that he would like to start tying down players whose contract is due to expire at the end of this season. Seven of Friday night's starting 11 are out of contract at the end of 2018.

12 Mar 2018

https://twitter.com/jamesdundalk/status ... 7460296704

OHare
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby OHare » Tue May 01, 2018 6:06 pm

Georgie Kelly of UcD linked with a move to us in July
http://leagueofireland.ie/index.php/201 ... k-in-july/

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby White Horse » Tue May 01, 2018 6:28 pm

OHare wrote:Georgie Kelly of UcD linked with a move to us in July
http://leagueofireland.ie/index.php/201 ... k-in-july/

Article by Johnny Ward who does a LOI podcast with Dan McDonnell. Kelly is terrific and would be a great addition.

cooney
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby cooney » Tue May 01, 2018 6:38 pm

Why does this feel like the Karl Sheppard fiasco all over again

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby colymull » Tue May 01, 2018 7:05 pm

Was the George Kelly rumour not doing the rounds over the winter too? We could certainly do with another striker especially if Marco is on his way out and Sam Byrne cursed with bad luck.
King Kenny!

Return to “General Discussion”