2018 Rumours / Transfers / Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: 2018 Rumours / Transfers / Renewals

Postby El Paso » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:14 pm

oldfogey wrote:I see Nico's agent is using Twitter to try and get a new club - or better offer. Even disclosed that there is a two year deal on the table.

https://twitter.com/NMFitba/status/920008610754826240

Hmmm

A player will always do what's right for his career. But still, the club needs to plan for the fact that his people are actively trying to find any club willing to outbid us for his services and that he'll walk if they manage it. We should be looking for replacements already.

There's only one word for that - magic darts...

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:34 pm

El Paso wrote:
oldfogey wrote:I see Nico's agent is using Twitter to try and get a new club - or better offer. Even disclosed that there is a two year deal on the table.

https://twitter.com/NMFitba/status/920008610754826240

Hmmm

A player will always do what's right for his career. But still, the club needs to plan for the fact that his people are actively trying to find any club willing to outbid us for his services and that he'll walk if they manage it. We should be looking for replacements already.

It must be a real difficulty when the management want to player to stay but don't know if he will. Do they agree a deal with another player or wait for their first preference to make up his mind?
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:30 pm

They have to assume he's going, really, and sign a replacement. We can't possibly base our plans for next season around a player openly hawking himself on social media.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:59 am

All the signs are Vemmelund will not be around next season, pity if true as he turned out to be a really stylish centre half and not the type we have been used to in recent years. One season is a very short stint if he does go.

Adam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Adam » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:09 am

mike wrote:All the signs are Vemmelund will not be around next season, pity if true as he turned out to be a really stylish centre half and not the type we have been used to in recent years. One season is a very short stint if he does go.

He's got a 2 year deal on the table. Sign it or go. We can't be undermined by Finn-esque last minute departures from the squad.
What the ancients called a clever fighter is one who not only wins, but excels in winning with ease.

Wexford White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Wexford White » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:36 am

He's obviously a difficult man to deal with. Having said that I think he's a fantastic player and I'd hate to see him go. We can guarantee him Champions League football because (and you heard it here first, folks) we are going to win the league next year.
The Back of the Wall

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Louth4sam » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:32 pm

This is modern football. The only difference between how Vemmelund's agent is doing things and it is done normally is that his agent is transparent about the whole thing. Obviously it's unpleasant seeing our business out in the open but we are kidding ourselves if we don't think other players agents are doing the same things privately.

I think it's safe to say that if Vemmelund isn't particularly keen on staying if he allowed his agent to publish that 'news' article
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:29 pm

They'll all try and get the best deals for themselves, absolutely, and if another club makes an offer we're unwilling to match then they'll probably take it. It's a short career. But all things being equal I assume most or all of our players would want to stay. The difference here, I think, is that Vemmelund is making it pretty clear he wants to go. If he stays in Ireland he'll stay with us would be my guess.

Johnny Guitar
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Johnny Guitar » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:13 pm

Heard on Friday that his girlfriend/wife is struggling with settling in Ireland/dundalk.

I think he is a class.act and would love him to stay. Would hate if he joined another Irish club but only Cork or Rovers would be viable options.
Stephen Kenny's Black & White Army

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:23 pm

Johnny Guitar wrote:Would hate if he joined another Irish club but only Cork or Rovers would be viable options.

Based on his post match tweet after the semi final replay, it seems he previously turned down Rovers
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:23 pm

Johnny Guitar wrote:Would hate if he joined another Irish club but only Cork or Rovers would be viable options.

Based on his post match tweet after the semi final replay, it seems he previously turned down Rovers.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:25 pm

All the ITKs saying the Sheppard deal is already done!

paul1
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby paul1 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:23 pm

I heard shepherd deal is done supposedly we have doubled his wages from what Cork are offering and that is coming from a reliable source. Honestly don’t think he is what we are looking for where would he fit into the current squad?

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Louth4sam » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:18 am

paul1 wrote:I heard shepherd deal is done supposedly we have doubled his wages from what Cork are offering and that is coming from a reliable source. Honestly don’t think he is what we are looking for where would he fit into the current squad?

An obvious upgrade on Tommy Stewart and competition on the wings. Decent signing
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:24 am

I would totally agree, he can play wide, he can move centre (better on the wing) and would offer much more strength in attack, good at holding it up too, plus he would weaken Cork.

Return to “General Discussion”