2018 Rumours / Transfers / Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: 2018 Rumours / Transfers / Renewals

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:39 pm

Ezeikial he can't join Dundee utd until January so they don't need to rush things.

Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:08 pm

McMillan isn't eligible to register/play until January but as a free agent I would have expected any club to want to get the player signed up and working with their own staff and new team mates. On the other hand, if he is still abroad on holidays nothing will move until next week anyway, so silence - unfortunately - isn't necessarily a good sign.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:57 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote:Ezeikial he can't join Dundee utd until January so they don't need to rush things.

oldfogey wrote:McMillan isn't eligible to register/play until January but as a free agent I would have expected any club to want to get the player signed up and working with their own staff and new team mates. On the other hand, if he is still abroad on holidays nothing will move until next week anyway, so silence - unfortunately - isn't necessarily a good sign.

All the speculation has been about him going to St Johnstone and their manager Tommy Wright has been widely quoted in the last week about expecting to tie up a deal shortly. Even if he can't be registered to play until January he can sign a deal at any point.

As far as I am aware, McMillan is due back from holidays in the next few days and Stephen Kenny is on the record as saying that he plans to have talks with him on his return. If he has already decided to join St Johnstone, I expect that it will be tied up and announced fairly quickly as Tommy Wright has indicated.

If there is no news within a week or so of his return, that can only widen the door to the possibility of him thinking again about staying.
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Shoco » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:27 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote:Ezeikial he can't join Dundee utd until January so they don't need to rush things.

Well maybe they do, if they miss out on him they will have to look at other options so I'm sure they would like to get it done

Wexford White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Wexford White » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:01 pm

mike wrote:Murray would be a great signing and would add a nice touch to the attack. McEneff would be box office. Get him in. He is well worth the transfer fee. It will remain to be seen of Derry will sell though. Then again his sale could fund a lot of replacements for them.

Good signings on Friday by the way, Hoban being the obvious stand out, the other two are decent also.

I'm not impressed by Murray's stats. I also like my attackers to have height
The Back of the Wall

The Undertaker
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby The Undertaker » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:34 pm

Wexford White wrote:
mike wrote:Murray would be a great signing and would add a nice touch to the attack. McEneff would be box office. Get him in. He is well worth the transfer fee. It will remain to be seen of Derry will sell though. Then again his sale could fund a lot of replacements for them.

Good signings on Friday by the way, Hoban being the obvious stand out, the other two are decent also.

I'm not impressed by Murray's stats. I also like my attackers to have height

What are you not impressed with about his stats? 17 goals in 38 games in a relegated team seems like a brilliant return to me...maybe I am clueless though. As for height...that's a bit harsh. Quite a lot of the best strikers wouldn't be the tallest. Who would you suggest is better?
There ain't no grave can hold my body down.

Guinney
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Guinney » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:53 pm

Wexford White wrote:I'm not impressed by Murray's stats. I also like my attackers to have height

A certain Sean Maguire won Cork the league mid way through the season and he's not the tallest. Plenty of strikers out there who prove you don't have to be tall. Plus with Hoban signed we have already got our strong target man. Murray would provide something different and most importantly knows how to score in this league.
"The real test of those who like the beautiful game is to go and watch your local team." President Micheal D. higgins

dundalk_F_C1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby dundalk_F_C1 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:30 pm

I think Murray will be a great signing. As others have mentioned he knows how to score goals.. Hoban looks in fantastic shape and if he can keep himself fit, he could be the signing of the season. I think we’ve been crying out for a striker like him since he left.

McEneff would be great too as I think we badly need a Centre midfielder but he won’t come cheap. There’s a long way to go yet in the transfer window so there’s could be one or two surprises (Hopefully from McMillan and McEleney)

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:36 am

Ezeikial wrote:As far as I am aware, McMillan is due back from holidays in the next few days and Stephen Kenny is on the record as saying that he plans to have talks with him on his return.

I'm not sure if Daniel McDonnell is lurking on here or has his own more reliable and independent sources (I suspect the latter)

In todays Indo
McMillan is due back from holidays and will decide whether to take up a contract offer from Scottish Premier League side St Johnstone
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:39 am

Full piece from Danial McDonnell in the Indo today

Dundalk expected to announce signing of Galway United striker

Dundalk are expected to announce the signing of in-demand Galway United striker Ronan Murray this week.
The Mayo man is moving on after Galway suffered relegation from the Premier Division and he will be part of Stephen Kenny's bid to regain the league title from Cork City.
Cork boss John Caulfield was keen to sign Murray too, but Dundalk made the decisive move for the ex-Ipswich player and a deal has been agreed.

Dundalk announced the signing of his Galway team-mate Stephen Folan last Friday along with Derry full back Dean Jarvis and a return to the club for Patrick Hoban following a spell in England.
But Dundalk's other recruitment plans depend on ongoing negotiations with out of contract trio Patrick McEleney, Dave McMillan and Robbie Benson.

McMillan is due back from holidays and will decide whether to take up a contract offer from Scottish Premier League side St Johnstone while McEleney has options in League One with Blackburn and Oldham keen.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer ... 59636.html

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:30 pm

Murray would be an excellent addition, sit him right behind Hoban passing it about and switching play too with Hoban who could hold it up perfectly for him to break through and hit the target.

This could be a very important signing and would greatly enhance our attacking options in the event of the expected loss of McMillan and possibly McEleney.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:41 pm

Gavin McLaughlin with updates on McMillan, McEleney, Benson, Murray, Mountney and Poynton

https://dundalksport.ie/dfc-kenny-still ... 5f92cd23dc

Johnnybegood33
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:31 pm

Paddy Power has us favs. to win the League 11/8 , Cork 6/4, Rovers 6/1.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:58 pm

Prices have been like that on PP for over 2 weeks now, always thought that was a bit mad, having these listed before clubs have completed their squads. Cork wont care about this, the cup final was prob the first time I saw the new league champions as underdogs, now the double winners are second favs !

Last time we beat them was Oct 2016, that needs to change and quickly next season.

Anyone hearing anything else on McEneff, if Murray does join and we get him onboard, that would be the icing on the cake in terms of new joins.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:22 pm

Return to “General Discussion”