2018 Rumours / Transfers / Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: 2018 Rumours / Transfers / Renewals

Postby dell » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:15 am

If players do come through the youth system then PoB doesnt really matter, they could be classed as local. Most people in Dundalk were born in Drogheda but we'd all like to forget about that. If players give their all for the club and we have had no shortage of real pro attitude there of recent then thats good enough.

Ideally we'd have youth players graduate to senior football regularly but if they arent good enough for Dundalk so be it, they shouldnt be signed up just because. As mentioned there are locals who are plying their trade just not at Dundalk FC. Maybe not the best example but there have been relatively very few players overall in the English top flight that progress to play with their local club, but there are a lot of players that went through various top flight academies and moved on. If they do get in to their local clubs first team and are any good they dont baulk too often at a move to bigger club either.

DundalkChampions
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby DundalkChampions » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:31 am

Shoco wrote:
niall_hearty2000 wrote:Johnny. Mccormack is good enough but he decided to play with Cork. The O'Connors decided they didnt want to be squad players and flew the nest. There are 3 examoles of players from the area who are could enough but ultimately decided themselves that they wont aign for Dundalk in McCormack's stance and won't fight for their places in the O'Connors decisions.

When was McCormack offered a contract?

He wasnt!

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2018 Rumours / Transfers / Renewals

Postby Sneachta » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:45 pm

mike wrote:
Sneachta wrote:
dell wrote:Things definitely not right between Forrester and his manager. Being pulled off after 46 minutes, unless for an injury, is humiliating. A shot at that transfer isnt completely dead. Madden is a decent shout. Id say SK has his targets in the pipline as one thing we know is that very little if anything gets leaked from Oriel these days. Id hope to hear things over the next week as we are getting damn close to pre-season and the early league start.
Probably more to do with a change in tactics considering they were against 9 men for a good chunk of the game. He's playing well today.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Yes I think you are probably right there. He’s lasted the full 90 today.

Ps I noticed Richie managed to get the no 17 jersey for Rotherham, players are deadly for this kind of thing.
Forrester hit the crossbar and got man of the match yesterday. My scouts were at the game. He's going nowhere!

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Shoco » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:16 pm

DundalkChampions wrote:
Shoco wrote:
niall_hearty2000 wrote:Johnny. Mccormack is good enough but he decided to play with Cork. The O'Connors decided they didnt want to be squad players and flew the nest. There are 3 examoles of players from the area who are could enough but ultimately decided themselves that they wont aign for Dundalk in McCormack's stance and won't fight for their places in the O'Connors decisions.

When was McCormack offered a contract?

He wasnt!

Exactly, can't sign something that hasn't been offered!

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:16 pm

Does anyone have any news on latest players we are linked with (I think we can agree Forrester is a non story now)

I heard Bray are looking for 20k plus for Greene, I’m not sure I’d be paying that, but I would pay money for McEneff from Derry but they will probably price him too expensive for us. He could be a lot cheaper in the summer, not sure how long he is under contract for though.

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby colymull » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:09 pm

Johnny Guitar wrote:Is this the first time in our history that we have no locals in the senior squad?

Shocking

In the words if the great Ian Brown, "its not were you're from, its where you're at"!!
King Kenny!

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:25 pm

as long as it isnt a tale of too many cooks in the defence!!

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneachta » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:41 pm

Paddy Madden has signed for Fleetwood for a six figure sum. That was a signing of mine as opposed to Stephen Kenny's.

Dundalk10
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Dundalk10 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:20 pm

thecaptain
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby thecaptain » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:26 pm

Dundalk10 wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQT8Am3X0AApvIX.jpg

That's from Chelsea's last Champions League game before Christmas. Hazard and Sideshow Bob signing after the takeover goes through! :D

Joking aside, think we're still well short and need 3 or 4 more bodies in. We need a cb, cm (unless SK has plans to give Georgie a serious amount of games this season, which I'd be delighted with to be fair, saw him a fair few times for Bohs last season as head to Dalyer on and off a bit with being in the big smoke these days and he was great for them any time I saw him), then a winger/ number 10 and/ or a forward.

Not much left doing domestically really, be serious money for McEneff from Derry and things have settled down transfer wise with most teams having most of their squads nearly all sorted. Would have loved if we'd have nabbed Fudser from Bohs, he's going to be a serious player in a few years, baffled why he went to Barnet who are in League 2 and really in danger of getting relegated and dropping out of the Football League. A year or two with us and he'd have gotten a good move as the rest of the lads have previously.

On a wider note it seems the last year or two the league has massively been drained of talent, it's gone from a couple of lads getting deserved moves across the water to a growing number making the move to the States now too, which they're dead right to do in my opinion if they get the offer but worrying as to what's coming through to replace those that have gone.
Ian Foster: (On the expectations level at Dundalk): "That's why you want to be involved in management. If I don't do well I'll do my shopping in Newry!"

Ian Foster: Last seen heading for Newry.

Martin Lawlor80
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Lawlor80 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:00 pm

James Rogers on Twitter says 2 or 3 new signings are likely this week!

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:07 pm

thecaptain wrote:Joking aside, think we're still well short and need 3 or 4 more bodies in. We need a cb, cm (unless SK has plans to give Georgie a serious amount of games this season, which I'd be delighted with to be fair, saw him a fair few times for Bohs last season as head to Dalyer on and off a bit with being in the big smoke these days and he was great for them any time I saw him), then a winger/ number 10 and/ or a forward.

I agree with you that we are well short - I think we need at least 3 or maybe 4 more quality signings (assuming that Georgie Poynton is part of the squad and Carlton goes out on loan), but it's a little bit concerning that SK was reported before Christmas as saying he expected to make only 2 more signings.

Central midfield is an obvious area where competition and cover for Robbie Benson is needed. Assuming that Ronan Murray is earmarked for a central striker role we also need another player who can provide quality in the no 10 spot slot- Jamie McGrath will need competition. Although Dean Jarvis could provide cover for left midfield, we are seriously short in the competition for the wide places on both flanks. .

I am hopeful that we will hear some news shortly
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

OHare
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby OHare » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:13 pm

No rumours at all of who they possibly are..
Things been kept under wraps since the Sheppard fiasco..

Perhaps Greene as he was continually linked towards the end of last year and maybe 1 or 2 out of contract from the UK

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:09 pm

OHare wrote:No rumours at all of who they possibly are..
Things been kept under wraps since the Sheppard fiasco..

Hopefully, that's the way our transfer business should be done

dundalk_F_C1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby dundalk_F_C1 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:20 pm

Return to “General Discussion”