2018 Rumours / Transfers / Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: 2018 Rumours / Transfers / Renewals

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:23 pm

dundalkfc1903 wrote:
I also think that SK will go all out to sign McEneff. No idea what his contractual situation is.

In addition to McEneff, there are quite a few other promising players at Derry - Ronan Curtis and Conor McDermott being the most obvious ones

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:36 am

A replacement for SO'D - what we were hoping for from Clifford - is now an absolute must, particularly if the future of the team is to have all out attack in the line of three behind the front man.

A clinical finisher is a very close second in the absolute must stakes.
There's only one word for that - magic darts...

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:05 pm

Agree with el paso. We play better as a team when SO'D starts.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:07 pm

Shoco wrote:
James09 wrote:Few people on social media saying that Karl Sheppard will be a Dundalk player next season. Not sure why he'd want to leave Cork maybe he wants to move closer to Dublin?

I know we've tried to sign him many times but I'd love to see Conor McCormack in a Dundalk midfield. He'd be the perfect long term replacement for SOD again I can't see this one happening. He seems settled at Cork and has turned us down before.

Heard Shepard bought a house this side of Dublin

Sheppard is from Portmarnock and so joining ourselves or a Dublin club would make sense for him.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby seand » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:15 pm

Obviously I'd love a 25-goal-a-season striker like everyone else, but seriously, who are you going to sign that'll have a better all round game and contribution than McMillan? Nobody in the League or Ireland or Irish League anyway.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:33 pm

seand wrote:Obviously I'd love a 25-goal-a-season striker like everyone else, but seriously, who are you going to sign that'll have a better all round game and contribution than McMillan? Nobody in the League or Ireland or Irish League anyway.

There is a lad at Bohs who might have that potential....
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Wexford White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Wexford White » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:04 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
seand wrote:Obviously I'd love a 25-goal-a-season striker like everyone else, but seriously, who are you going to sign that'll have a better all round game and contribution than McMillan? Nobody in the League or Ireland or Irish League anyway.

Now, now!
The Back of the Wall

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:45 pm

Ezeikial wrote:

There's always someone ready to pull the pin ........

Seriously though, he might be good in the League, but he's a long way off what you would need to do the business in Europe.

James09
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby James09 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:52 pm

I know he's had a poor season with Pats but maybe go in for Fagan again? Maybe Pats poor season will make him think twice about staying on. Surely SK could rejuvenate him and get him back to his best.
▒▓██ D █ U █ N █ D █ A █ L █ K █ F █ C ██▓▒

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:23 pm

James09 wrote:I know he's had a poor season with Pats but maybe go in for Fagan again? Maybe Pats poor season will make him think twice about staying on. Surely SK could rejuvenate him and get him back to his best.

Fitness is the key issue with Fagan and he has probably sat out more games than he started over the last few seasons. He was out-of-contract and available last close season and it speaks volumes that he eventually signed a new deal at St Pats. I suspect that SK decided against making him an offer he could not refuse

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:01 pm

Ezeikial wrote:

i'd have no problem signing him. he'd scored for fun with us. but I can see why others wouldn't want him at the club.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:13 pm

Can't see Fagan signing, he's a taxi driver, so part time football probably suits him.

Ronan Murray still a good option, but Cork sniffing there, as are Rovers as they do every season on Gannon. I'd be looking at McEneff and Curtis from Derry also. Shepherd would be a useful signing, he was impressive on Monday night, but not sure he's the man to get you goals, seems to be more wide side these days. Supple from Bohs would be good. I'd be keeping Rogers as no 1 though, he's had a very good season.

Cork and Dundalk both looking for that elusive twenty goals a year striker. Where are they?

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:17 am

McMillan's great. Hope he stays another couple of seasons.

But we need options up front and we don't have any. If we end up having to replace McMillan *as well* that would make things very difficult
There's only one word for that - magic darts...

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:36 pm

That Hoban is without a club still there has to be a chance that he is still on the radar. People will worry about whether he can reclaim the form he showed with us, under SK i dont see why not. Akinade - phew what a divisive signing that would be!! Dunno what to think about that one. Ogbene was very impressive against Cork last week, he was very direct, athletic and importantly for the way we play mobile with pace - could he be converted to a strikers role ala Thierry Henry ;p

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:07 pm

Hoban might be an interesting option, think he was injured or not fully fit that time he was linked during the summer.

Return to “General Discussion”