2018 Rumours / Transfers / Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: 2018 Rumours / Transfers / Renewals

Postby dell » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:39 pm

El Paso wrote:So anyway we know we need signings, there are a couple of things to fix and we don't know who we're losing yet. But we were AMAZEBALLS after the mid-season break. Shouldn't forget that.

Very Tony O'Donoghue lol. On the button EP, losing Finn was the unexpected for which couldnt have been planned for. Injuries did mount up on top. Its lessons learnt this season though and we are likely to be all the stronger as a result.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:28 pm

Excellent post EL. Very good points and a a good reflection on the season from start to finish.

Very interesting to read about the 7 goals conceded in that period and 4 being in the last match.

Finn was a devastating loss really especially after his last game was probably his best one for us (fai cup final 2016)

Quayman
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Quayman » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:13 pm

Miele apparently signed a new deal with rovers. Seems Aaron Barry is heading to cork from derry. Linked with us recently.
Neale Fenn....SCUM

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:30 pm

It would seem Miele staying ok & Barry moving to Cork. Both good players, but did they stand out against us last season? Barry has potential but Miele didn’t do too much in the semi final replay.

Keep the faith guys. We’ll be fine. Possibly even stronger.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:35 pm

mike wrote:Keep the faith guys. We’ll be fine. Possibly even stronger.

Is that wishful thinking or just you whistling in the dark?
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

buster
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby buster » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:09 am

I have complete confidence in SK rumours come and go but I think he will come up with a few gems keep the faith.

Wexford White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Wexford White » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:38 am

buster wrote:I have complete confidence in SK rumours come and go but I think he will come up with a few gems keep the faith.

I agree.
It's amazing how times change, our expectations are so high. I was looking back at some posts of just a few years ago where we were quoted at 20/1 to win the First Division!
The Back of the Wall

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:55 am

Cork have been busy last week and got some decent players in but they might be finished soon in terms of intakes. They are strongly linked with Aaran Barry, I`d have liked him, and they got McNamee, another good player. I wouldn’t be losing sleep over the other players they got it though, nothing jumping out.

Its only a week after the cup final to be fair, there is still plenty of time for us to get our business done. SK will know exactly the type of players we need, of course we all want the better players to stay too, but we’ll also have to face realities that players move all the time. We’ll just all have to be patient.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Louth4sam » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:37 am

There is absolutely no need to panic yet. Of all the players that have been signed so far, only McNamee would be good enough for us and would he even get in to the side if we still have McEleney?
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

buster
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby buster » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:16 pm

Louth4sam wrote:There is absolutely no need to panic yet. Of all the players that have been signed so far, only McNamee would be good enough for us and would he even get in to the side if we still have McEleney?

I can't see anything that cork signed so far with the exception on MC namee that would improve them.We àll know what happens when new players come in some gel others don't,to retain the league is a big ask as we know.I think SK is keeping his cards very close to his chest in the light of the Sheppard deal,he is a very cleaver and astute manager and I have great faith in him.

carrickfan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby carrickfan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:49 pm

There's an urgency with Cork to sign new players when you look at the form of their squad in the last third of the season. The urgency with Dundalk, is to sign the players that are out of contract and that played well in the second half of the season. Though we do need to find a long term alternative to Stephen O'Donnell to give us some steel in midfield.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:40 pm

Louth4sam wrote:There is absolutely no need to panic yet. Of all the players that have been signed so far, only McNamee would be good enough for us and would he even get in to the side if we still have McEleney?

I agree with that, although I think Sheppard would also have been significant - (both enhancing our squad and weakening Cork).

For us the key issues are with re-signings (or their replacements) - Gannon, Benson, McEleney & McMillan are crucial, along with a Vemmelund replacement
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:04 pm

I can't see Gannon re-signing but I hope I’m wrong. With regards to McEleney, I`m don’t see him getting a move to UK so I`d say he will be back on board, Benson and McMillan if they are still linked to Scotland, they won’t be able to play until 1 Jan so their interested clubs will have time, but do we?

Cork completed that deal for Barry today, he’s tidy, but they had to get someone in there as Delaney has gone back to Burton. We obviously need a quality central defender in to replace Vemmelund, not directly connected, but I see as expected Barrett confirmed he won’t be returning.

Townfan7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Townfan7 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:08 pm

I'd be highly surprised to see Sean Gannon playing his football next season with anyone else other than Dundalk. It's more difficult though with Benson & MC Millan however, one of these may depart. On MC Eleney, it's more hope I have that he stays, time of course will tell. Overall I agree with other posts above in that Stephen Kenny will have all sorted well in time for the commencement of next season.

C'MON THE TOWN:

Dundalk10
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Dundalk10 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Gannon's contract turns into a saga every year and he's normally one of the last to sign.

The company that McMillan works for is one of the companies that have have submitted a proposal for the redevelopment of oriel that will happen when the takeover is formalised so hopefully they get the job!!

I think if anyone big was in for mceleney we would have heard about it by now.

Return to “General Discussion”