2018 Rumours / Transfers / Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: 2018 Rumours / Transfers / Renewals

Postby Robbiedundalk2 » Fri May 25, 2018 7:35 am

Ezeikial wrote:
Louth4sam wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:Willo Flood available - could he do a job for us in midfield?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44130428

A 33 year old playing in the Scottish second tier. Honestly couldn't see how he'd be any addition

Gary Twigg came from lower levels of Scotland. Alan Spavin and Dean Bennett were older.

Maybe he is not good enough, but his age or last club are not reasons to dismiss a short term role

Alan Spavin he was some player get us over the line to win the league in 76. I was very young but I remember his passing and how he stood out on the pitch. Seemingly did not take the money he was owed the glory was enough

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Fri May 25, 2018 9:42 am

I guess our activity will depend on Adorján and Sam Byrnes situations.
I have no idea why we signed Sam Byrne, he may as well be at Everton getting fit, unless his contract has been cancelled already. Complete waste of a wage either way. Do we not do basic medicals on incoming signings?

transitvan74
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby transitvan74 » Fri May 25, 2018 3:18 pm

willo flood for midfield thought harry taffe painted the markings on the semi circle ,you couldnt really be on about playing for us

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Sun May 27, 2018 5:54 pm

Anyone know what length of contract Bastion Hery is on at Waterford? He would be brilliant signing for next season if he was available.

0rl
Reserves
Reserves

Postby 0rl » Sun May 27, 2018 6:34 pm

I don't think this article was posted previously although it's from a few weeks ago. The rumor was talked about on here.

https://www.donegalnow.com/soccer/hugel ... alk/222796

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sun May 27, 2018 9:11 pm

0rl wrote:I don't think this article was posted previously although it's from a few weeks ago. The rumor was talked about on here.

https://www.donegalnow.com/soccer/hugel ... alk/222796

There is good reason to believe that there is substance to the Georgie Kelly rumour, but it remains to be seen if a transfer will go through. He is contracted to UCD to the end of the season
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

marvin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby marvin » Sun May 27, 2018 11:42 pm

Robbiedundalk2 wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:
Louth4sam wrote:
A 33 year old playing in the Scottish second tier. Honestly couldn't see how he'd be any addition

Gary Twigg came from lower levels of Scotland. Alan Spavin and Dean Bennett were older.

Maybe he is not good enough, but his age or last club are not reasons to dismiss a short term role

Alan Spavin he was some player get us over the line to win the league in 76. I was very young but I remember his passing and how he stood out on the pitch. Seemingly did not take the money he was owed the glory was enough

Alan Spavin was indeed a wonderful passer of the ball...I recall seeing him play in the 64 fa cup final for Preston.
Tomorrow is another day.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:03 pm

Aaron McEneff and Darragh Markey both being linked to Dundalk by LOI Transfers
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Martin Lawlor80
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Lawlor80 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:39 am

Ezeikial wrote:Aaron McEneff and Darragh Markey both being linked to Dundalk by LOI Transfers

Saw that.
I got a little excited until I realised that the guy who tipped off LOI Transfers about Markey is 15 ffs

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:03 am

Jamie Lennon at St Pats might be a more exciting prospect.

LOI Transfers have little credibility but like a broken clock, they get it right sometimes, maybe more often than is realised

Martin Lawlor80
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Lawlor80 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:15 am

Ezeikial wrote:Jamie Lennon at St Pats might be a more exciting prospect.

LOI Transfers have little credibility but like a broken clock, they get it right sometimes, maybe more often than is realised

To be fair to them, I think that said they’d retweet any info they get, although I can see one or two flaws in that plan! Such as the tweet this morning saying Andy Boyle coming back to us when released by Preston next week...

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:46 pm

I just wonder if there might be something in the McEneff thing with Dean Shiels now a confirmed signing for Derry, plus SK did indicate if O’Donnell would be out long term, he would look at getting a replacement in.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:59 pm

Its getting a bit boring that every Tom Dick and Seamus out there assumes that we are always looking to take on new players. Transfer window opens shortly so let's link everybody with Dundalk. Stephen Kenny has assembled the strongest squad in the history of the club (a good mixture of youth and experience) with a view to competing on two fronts. Holding midfield was the one position where we lacked cover but with Chvedukas now fit to play, I feel we really are good to go. Other clubs would jump at the chance to have any of our bench from Friday night and that's with O'Donnell, Mountney and Gannon missing. As we have seen before, it can take til the end of the season for new players to get up to speed, so why bother. I also think Gannon's return to right back is not guaranteed. Hoare might not have his speed, but his crossing has improved hugely after a few dodgy games at the beginning.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:58 pm

Is Chvedukas a holding midfielder? I don't think it is his usual or preferred position.

punkha
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby punkha » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:02 pm

Only area i feel like we need to strengthen is up front if any decent options became available.
We're badly relying on the Hobinator and despite his cult status i wouldnt like to be needing big Marco to fire us to the title. Hes looked pretty useless to me so far. Also Sam Byrne cant seem to warm up without getting injured so we'd be very light if anything happened Hoban.

Return to “General Discussion”