2018 Rumours / Transfers / Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: 2018 Rumours / Transfers / Renewals

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:49 am

Extracts from the Vinny Perth interview by Gerry Malone, about comments by others about Dundalks signings

I’d be telling you lies if I said I did not see both articles. Both of them have factually incorrect pieces in them. But whether you have people commenting or not on us is their own business

We haven’t overspend in any way shape or form, but let’s just clear up – the manager here in this club has probably earned somewhere in the region of €7.5 or €8.5 Million so if he does happen to spend money on a player, well we have earned the right to do that. No one else has done that.

I’ve got a lot of footage to watch on our European opponents. All our focus is always one game a week, so we’ve got a busy weekend – I really don’t care what other people are saying, we just focus on ourselves
I really only care about the team in Estonia at the moment, and that’s where the focus will be

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Weelilywhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Weelilywhite » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:06 am

Well said SK and VP. Sour grapes by Bradley as he had lost out. I see however that Rovets tweeted that they would announce a new signing at 1pm today that I assume is Dylan Watts.

shedboy4life
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby shedboy4life » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:23 am

dell wrote:
El Paso wrote:Kenny's gone in for the war of words with Bradley and Caulfield tonight...

Oh? I wish he wouldnt bother as he doesnt need to!!

He fairly put them in their place. Any money we’ve spent or will spend we’ve earned. If other managers want the same resources they should try achieving what we have over the last few years.
The natural balance of Irish football has returned for good.

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby White Horse » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:27 am

shedboy4life wrote:
dell wrote:
El Paso wrote:Kenny's gone in for the war of words with Bradley and Caulfield tonight...

Oh? I wish he wouldnt bother as he doesnt need to!!

He fairly put them in their place. Any money we’ve spent or will spend we’ve earned. If other managers want the same resources they should try achieving what we have over the last few years.

He is also accusing Caulfield of telling lies about the Kelly transfer.

Also, he is telling Rovers fans that he won a league title with a bunch of misfits at Dundalk when Rovers had millions in the bank following their Europa League success.

What is their manager doing in the same circumstances? Throwing in the towel.

Kenny is usually very respectful of other managers but don't cross him. Bradley, in particular, comes out of this very badly.

Johnnybegood33
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:44 am

What a pair of fools , Caulfield & Bradley . They talk in riddles , if they had brain between them , they would be dangerous.

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby White Horse » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:50 am

There is a logic to Caulfield's comments and Kenny knows it. Caulfield is trying to put pressure and expectation on Kelly in the hope that he will not deal with it. Disgusting, yes, but not stupid.

Bradley, on the other hand, is a fool.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:19 pm

Gerry Malone interview with Patrick McEleney at Richmond Park on Friday

https://audioboom.com/posts/6923401-patrick-mceleney
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Robbiedundalk2 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:01 pm

Ezeikial wrote:Interesting to hear that SK will retain Sam Byrne and also dismisses any speculation Ronan Murray will leave on loan.

He obviously see potential in Byrne

Where did he say this?

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby White Horse » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:05 pm

Robbiedundalk2 wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:Interesting to hear that SK will retain Sam Byrne and also dismisses any speculation Ronan Murray will leave on loan.

Where did he say this?

This was tweeted by both Gavin McLaughlin and James Rogers after speaking to Kenny last night.

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Robbiedundalk2 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:35 pm

White Horse wrote:
Robbiedundalk2 wrote:

Where did he say this?

This was tweeted by both Gavin McLaughlin and James Rogers after speaking to Kenny last night.

Thanks

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:45 pm

I wonder why we are building a squad the size of ours when the manager so rarely changes things without being forced to? You can basically say we're operating this season with 13 players - last night's starting 11 plus Gannon and Adorjan.

Folan hasn't had a sniff since Garts came back. Poynton, Jarvis and Murray have hardly played. Mountney, Byrne and Chvedukas have had fitness issues, fair enough, but does anyone think they'd be playing if they were fit? Mountney might have played more I suppose. Tagbajumi hasn't impressed but what player impresses with as few chances as he's had? Now we have Kelly and McEleney too.

Kenny doesn't rotate at all. Now that's his right and it clearly works, but then what's the point of having the best b-team in the League? He has complained twice himself about the reserve's match fitness, as if he has no agency in the matter.

What's best for the club is what matters and In Kenny we trust. But I just don't see the point of it. We will be behind in a Euro match at some stage, we will look like we're running out of ideas and we'll look at our bench and shrug. Our entire season is hinging on the form of our first choice 11 right now.
Last edited by El Paso on Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's only one word for that - magic darts...

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:17 pm

I thought the heat was bad, but the possibility of England reaching the World Cup Final (I won't even mention the "W" word) really has people depressed.

Part of what SK is doing is insuring himself against those players who won't sign longer term contract or renew. Instead of looking for replacements - and spending time getting them acclimatised - there should be a more seemless transition. I think we were starting to be seen (by players and agents) as a stepping stone to the UK. "Let SK turn you into a really good player then I will get you a move for free". Not anymore.

Even those who have gone and for whom it's not worked out there is the realisation that they were better off here. Hoban talked about the drive to the ferry and the self doubts creeping in. When he got off he head north to Dundalk. Like McEleney he considered this his second home.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:09 pm

Bradley thinks resigning Mceleney for a fee is embarrassing for the league. I wonder what he thinks getting beaten 7-0 by Celtic in a friendly is? irrespective of who played!!!
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Wexford White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Wexford White » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:15 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote:Bradley thinks resigning Mceleney for a fee is embarrassing for the league. I wonder what he thinks getting beaten 7-0 by Celtic in a friendly is? irrespective of who played!!!

The same Bradley who re-signed Ronan Finn, tempting him with all sorts of goodies?
The Back of the Wall

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:22 pm

I’m a little surprised to hear SK comments that Sam Byrne will be staying on as we’ve seen virtually nothing of his ability. I’m delighted to hear him say that Murray is going nowhere though, I’d be looking to extend his current one year deal to at least 2. He may not have had too many chances but I think he is quality.

If you look at comparisons to this time last year, Murray v Tommy Stewart, I would say the former is by far a much better option.

Another equivalent of a ‘new signing’ would be if Chevedukas can show what he is capable of, he’s on a two year deal too.

Return to “General Discussion”