2018 Rumours / Transfers / Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: 2018 Rumours / Transfers / Renewals

Postby White Horse » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:35 pm

Stephen O'Donnell was crocked and no one wanted him.

He has said that if Dundalk didn't sign him at the time, he was going to go to Mervue in the first division to play for petrol money.

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Shoco » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:04 pm

paul1 wrote:
Shoco wrote:Richie Towell, Stephen o donnell were "unproven rejectes" as you put it that came back from the uk

You must be the most negative fucker on here

No need for such a personal attack, if you cannot debate what’s going on I think it’s you that has the problem. Stephen o Donnell was quality when he signed for us so no way he could be classed as a reject, The signings that were made so far are no better than would have been signed if peak6 were not on board,where is this quality player we heard from them??

SOD was in England and didn't make it, a reject using your logic.

We have played one league game and you are coming on here throwing the toys out of the pram ffs

We started last night with out our first choice centre backs, without our first choice left back, without your skipper and without our first choice striker

We had two new signings on the bench yesterday, or rejects as you prefer to call them.

We have two foreign lads that are completely new to the league, one of them an international that I doubt we'd have signed without the new owners.

Your response after one game of the season is that typical of someone who thinks we have a divine right to win the league every year. wise up ffs

paul1
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby paul1 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:17 pm

Ah sure everything is fine, I was sure this was a public forum where members can debate topics obviously it’s not, as long as we agree with you everything is fine lol..

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Shoco » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:21 pm

So you have chosen not to debate the points I made and ignore them instead and just have another moan, well done

paul1
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby paul1 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:24 pm

Get some good millgrange air into you , I have said all I needed to say ...

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Shoco » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:26 pm

Oh who's getting personal now? You asked for a debate, I posted my reasons as to why Kenny is not hanging onto his job like you claim but you won't debate it.

Troll somewhere else

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:01 pm

To be fair shoco while Stephen Kenny is God to all us Dundalk fans, he is just an employee as far as peak 6 are concerned. And one of their KPI's is more than likely to win the title and progress in Europe. And if targets aren't met, then they will treat him like any other employer would. Not saying it is right, as obviously it wouldn't be but as we have always said, peak 6 have no emotional ties to the club. Now obviously after a draw in our opening game nothing changes but if it continued in this vain then they wouldn't be long in addressing it.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Shoco » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:29 pm

I understand that Niall, but we have played one game so far, one game!!!!

And it was nowhere near what I expect a first 11 to be, the negativity of some people after a single game is crazy

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:25 pm

Shoco wrote:I understand that Niall, but we have played one game so far, one game!!!!

And it was nowhere near what I expect a first 11 to be, the negativity of some people after a single game is crazy

Partial to an overreaction myself, but cant bring myself to call for the managers head after 90 minutes! I'm gonna give it 3 games :)

Is one of the main issues that we gave McEleney, McMillan and Benson too long to decide if they were going to sign a new deal or not. Obviously you don't want to lose them , especially not to another team in Ireland, but all 3 left us hanging on until around Christmas. McEleney and Davie Mac left , and we were chasing our tails again in January.

paul1
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby paul1 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:41 pm

Yeah agree totally with you Niall also Dundalk fc1903 you make a very good point on us waiting on players to decide if they want to play for us or not, in one way it can work by waiting and in other way it can go again you by the player moving on and in that time you can miss out on potential replacements. I think you have to take a chance and put the pressure on the player and remove the safety net that they have that if they don’t get better offers they sign back, I think you have to set a deadline and move on to other targets..

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:14 pm

Dundalk Fc where have I called for the managers Head? I haven't nor will I. Stephen Kenny owes us nothing no matter what happens in the future.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:42 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote:Dundalk Fc where have I called for the managers Head? I haven't nor will I. Stephen Kenny owes us nothing no matter what happens in the future.

It was tongue in cheek and wasn't aimed directly at you...or anyone really.

condor
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby condor » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:59 pm

Common sense tells us that we are only one game into a long league campaign, we should have patience,
give it time & so on. But time is the one thing we don't have because Cork are miles better than us and
will be out of sight by the end of the first series of games. We needed to hit the ground running to have
any chance of challenging Cork, but we struggle to a point against the relegation favourites Bray. It
doesn't inspire much confidence does it? I hope I'm way off the mark here and you're all pointing fingers
at me a few months from now but I just don't see it.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:06 pm

I think early days Condor, lets see where we sit after 4 or 5 games, plus appears we will have an experienced striker to add to the ranks next week.

A 0-0 draw at home to Bray is not the start we wanted, disappointing but as SK said in his interview post match, 9 points on offer before the end of the month. Plenty of time to get this back on track.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:13 pm

Cork aren’t as good as you think.

Return to “General Discussion”