Dundalk V Shamrock Rovers | Sun 1 Oct | 4:45pm | Oriel Park | FAI Cup Semi-final

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Dundalk V Shamrock Rovers | Sun 1 Oct | 4:45pm | Oriel Park | FAI Cup Semi-final

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:16 am

colymull wrote:Dundalk Twitter page saying to buy tickets well in advance as there will be no ticket sales on Sunday!! Seems a wee bit odd??

That's a welcome clarification

It just a pity that the club could not have said so in that clear straightforward away from the outset.

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Dundalk V Shamrock Rovers | Sun 1 Oct | 4:45pm | Oriel Park | FAI Cup Semi-final

Postby Louth4sam » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:57 am

Ezeikial wrote:
colymull wrote:Dundalk Twitter page saying to buy tickets well in advance as there will be no ticket sales on Sunday!! Seems a wee bit odd??

It just a pity that the club could not have said so in that clear straightforward away from the outset.

So exiles have no way of buying tickets, again. It's actually very frustrating that there is actually a match on where tickets could be sold to season ticket holders and the club continue to screw over those that don't live/work in the town.
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

DundalkChampions
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby DundalkChampions » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:22 am

Louth4sam wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:

So exiles have no way of buying tickets, again. It's actually very frustrating that there is actually a match on where tickets could be sold to season ticket holders and the club continue to screw over those that don't live/work in the town.

You can use to internet so im assuming you will manage this

1. Ring the Club
2. Ask for a ticket
3. Pay with your card
4. Pick it up match day

rummy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby rummy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:45 pm

Or get someone to pick it up for you. I am an "exile" like yourself and yet I have managed to get my tickets purchased on Monday.

Tbf, this is the way the club has operated over the last number of years, with the the same complaints, rightly or wrongly.

It really shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. Why take the risk of waiting til match day to purchase tickets??

Sent from my TA-1033 using Tapatalk

rummy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby rummy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:46 pm

Double post

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:12 pm

It would be useful for the club to actually make announcements that there are options for exiles to put a stop to the confusion and in some cases downright annoyances each time there is need for advance ticket sales. Its a few lines of info on the website, limited staffing considered is it too much to organise?.
It is fair comment to ask why people would wait until matchday but the simple answer is that people will follow their usual routines unless it is made loud and clear by the club what the story is. I dont use twitter so i wouldnt have known if info hadnt been passed on here by fellow fans. Maybe there will be limited ticket sales that the club wouldnt say as many would probably take that option so I can understand that. If staffing/volunteers to get ticket arrangements in place is a problem then maybe say so, id give up a day to answer phones for ticket bookings if it were needed.

ArFella
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby ArFella » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:38 pm

dell wrote:It would be useful for the club to actually make announcements that there are options for exiles to put a stop to the confusion and in some cases downright annoyances each time there is need for advance ticket sales. Its a few lines of info on the website, limited staffing considered is it too much to organise?.
It is fair comment to ask why people would wait until matchday but the simple answer is that people will follow their usual routines unless it is made loud and clear by the club what the story is. I dont use twitter so i wouldnt have known if info hadnt been passed on here by fellow fans. Maybe there will be limited ticket sales that the club wouldnt say as many would probably take that option so I can understand that. If staffing/volunteers to get ticket arrangements in place is a problem then maybe say so, id give up a day to answer phones for ticket bookings if it were needed.

I understand your frustration Dell, but I think the club don't widely advertise the option of ringing to buy your ticket because then everyone would do it, which would cause a few logistical problems in terms of the volume of people calling to the office to pick them up on match night, a scenario they are trying to avoid by selling tickets in advance. I'd much rather pick up my match ticket on the day but as I have the luxury of living in dundalk (has to be the first time I've ever said that!), I make arrangements to get down on the first day and get my tickets despite the inconvenient office hours. Surely anyone who wants tickets to this match would exhaust all opportunities to get them, I mean after the option of physically going to the office the only other options are a phonecall or email! You could try carrier pigeon or smoke signals but the former options make more sense. In regards to the info they put out about the ticket sales on their website, what more would you like to see? The page clearly states in bold and underlined writing This match is all-ticket. I apologise if this wasn't on the website before. I am aware not everyone is on twitter/facebook, but the information posted on their social media relays what is on their website.
Mon the Town!

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:43 pm

Fair point that the option of buying over the phone and collecting on the day can be abused, maybe people who are not local or who have difficulty getting tickets from Oriel in advance could sign up to a list that would ease the way and maybe discourage people who shouldn't have a problem getting to Oriel in advance from being on the lazy side.

I knew that it was all ticket but didnt see notice on the website that there would be no tickets on sale on the day (even from a ticket booth set up somewhere as has happened in the past), which is pretty important info in general imo, and particularly as I will be flying long haul home on Saturday night this time. I will get family to get tickets now that I know. Maybe there would be a small amount of tickets on the day but to encourage advance sales and not have everyone deciding to wait for the day and find that there are a lot of people thinking the same, its stated that no tickets are available on matchnight. If there were absolutely no tickets on the night and I hadnt seen info from twitter passed on i'd have been caught out. I would have called and tried buying over the phone myself if this info was on the website. I hope other are not caught out.

Technically aren't all games all-ticket with tickets bought in advance (by moments) before entering the ground but that being pedantic i know lol. But you regularly see 'all-ticket' stated for sporting events here and then ye see people paying in to the event on the day.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:25 pm

ArFella wrote: In regards to the info they put out about the ticket sales on their website, what more would you like to see?

This:
Don't forget to purchase your ticket in advance as there will be no ticket sales on Sunday.
as eventually appeared on the club Social Media accounts

ArFella wrote: In regards to the info they put out about the ticket sales on their website, what more would you like to see? The page clearly states in bold and underlined writing This match is all-ticket. I apologise if this wasn't on the website before. I am aware not everyone is on twitter/facebook, but the information posted on their social media relays what is on their website.

Obviously not ArFella - as the website still does not clarify "no ticket sales on Sunday"

I really don't get why many people feel the need to be so defensive about comments or suggestions that would help the club to improve the overall experience for fans.

On the positive side, someone in the club obviously saw the need to clarify the situation (albeit belatedly and in a limited way via Social Media) - so there is a possibility that the club can apply this learning in future. Tackling other issues like sales for out-of-town season ticket holders can also be easily resolved if their is a will to do so
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

ArFella
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby ArFella » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:07 am

I agree that it could have been made clearer on the website regarding the ticketing, it's a fair point and I hope the club learn from it and convey it better in the future.

Ezeikial wrote:I really don't get why many people feel the need to be so defensive about comments or suggestions that would help the club to improve the overall experience for fans.

I'm not defending the club the club for the sake of it, I'm just trying to provide reason as to why they have or haven't done something. I have no problem with people criticising the club or suggesting improvements, quite the opposite as it would be a boring forum if everyone just said how great the club are doing, but I also think the forum would be boring without people defending the club at certain points, the definition of a forum is a discussion where different ideas and views are expressed on a particular issue. My view is that the club don't advertise the option of ringing to book tickets for fear of it being abused and that the information was on the website. Dell & Zeke, you both raised the point that it was too ambiguous and everyone mightn't interpret it as I have, I've now agreed with that point and we move on. I think your comment above is utter nonsense and would defeat the point of this forum, the "so defensive" part in particular is annoying when all I've done is taken a different viewpoint to yourself and dell, if I'd called you both c**ts for that vicious attack on our beloved club who can do no wrong then I'd understand, but it just seems like arrogance to me.
Mon the Town!

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:01 am

Buying tickets over the phone in advance and picking them up in the office is a handy way of beating the queue at the ticket hatch. Advance purchase tickets should be collected at the ticket hatch only if you have to do it on match day.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:21 pm

For ST holders not living in Dlk (I`m one - but I have enough local based mates who help me) there should be a straight forward process, call the club, quote your ST card, pay over the phone, pick up on match day.

This will obviously not work for Dublin matches etc.

Same system should then apply for non ST holders a few days after when general tickets go on sale. Staffing might be a problem, as I think only 2 or 3 work in the office, so they could be stretched.

bigalan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bigalan » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:49 pm

Really looking forward to this. A "Home" tie in a cup semi is a massive advantage no matter who we play. Rovers are heading the right way squad wise and appear to be improving all the time. They will also have the incentive of revenge and another Cup Final.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:15 pm

ArFella wrote: I think your comment above is utter nonsense and would defeat the point of this forum, the "so defensive" part in particular is annoying when all I've done is taken a different viewpoint to yourself and dell, if I'd called you both c**ts for that vicious attack on our beloved club who can do no wrong then I'd understand, but it just seems like arrogance to me.

It was not my intention to offend or annoy you, and I apologise if I have done so.

I could not agree more with you that different opinions make for healthy and interesting debate. But it is a glaring fact that many posters here simply cannot tolerate any comment that is perceived to be in any way critical of the club.
Last edited by Ezeikial on Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joshhealy11
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby joshhealy11 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:19 pm

Hello lads. I'd be reading on here a lot of the time but never posted. I was wondering would anyone be able to help me out by any chance with tickets? I'm from Belfast so haven't been able to get down for Sunday's tickets this week, I'd usually get them over the phone and collect them on the phone if I can't get down but they're not allowing it this time. There's no way any of yas could help me out and pick me a few up if i meet you somewhere for them on Sunday before the game somewhere? Would have been able to get down Monday but I went to Cork instead. There'll be a pint in it for ya too!
Cheers.

Return to “General Discussion”