Dundalk V Shamrock Rovers | Sun 1 Oct | 4:45pm | Oriel Park | FAI Cup Semi-final

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

punkha
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Dundalk V Shamrock Rovers | Sun 1 Oct | 4:45pm | Oriel Park | FAI Cup Semi-final

Postby punkha » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:03 am

Honestly when the big games come round our midfield simply go missing.
As said above they look great against some poor teams but against our only 2 realistic challengers they we've been totally outplayed in that area.
SOD showed what we need the first 25 mins but he simply can't do it for a full 90 anymore.
He has some pace but if Dylan Connolly is a footballer then there's hope for us all. As the old saying goes his first touch is a foul.

McNultys Discopants
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Dundalk V Shamrock Rovers | Sun 1 Oct | 4:45pm | Oriel Park | FAI Cup Semi-final

Postby McNultys Discopants » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:16 am

Sneachta wrote:There will be a lot said for the thuggery of rovers fans, this never comes as a surprise.

However, the response of security and an garda siochana was deplorable. The yob that climbed AROUND the fencing and into the stand with a steward looking at him, intent on looking to hurt someone or cause trouble, was then ably helped back into the away section by the guards, instead of being grabbed by his fat bald scrote of a neck and f***ed out!

The firework was also allowed to burn for a good minute before anybody did anything about it. When someone did come along, they nearly set themselves in fire.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

It was keystone cops stuff! I mean FFS it's Rovers, they're scum - and they've previous form! Exact same was done in the 1st game of the season and they were slow to react then too.

Fire extinguisher on hand, put it out and job done - instead now we're left with what looks like pretty significant damage to the pitch. All could have been avoided with people taking speedier action.

Honestly thought the guy who eventually went over was going to go up in flames too!

On another note what's the story with the Rovers backroom and management staff? Are they allowed do whatever they want? Bradley was outside his technical area a good lot of the time and that other scumbag Glen Cronin is it? - He was flat out in the 4th officials ear for most of the match - again well outside the dugout.

They're just scum from top to bottom, horrible club.

Johnnybegood33
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:43 pm

What a wreckless tackle by Mc Allister. Thuggery at the highest level. He should be banned for a long time. Bradley obviously encourages this leg breaking stuff , a sending off in every match for very dangerous tackles. He would want to have a good sit down and reflect.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:24 pm

Miele has admitted they set out to bully us in the second half. It’s starting to gain traction that we are a team that can be physically bullied. Duffy in particular is a player that goes missing when the game gets physical. Repeating myself now but it’s a problem that needs solving.
There's only one word for that - magic darts...

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:50 pm

Mceleney and Duffy went missing. I actually thought it was a strange decision to take connolly off as he was getting some joy down the wing. I think it was a combination of rovers getting more physical and bullying us off the ball but also the fact that we sat too deep and we're content on sitting on the one goal lead in the second half. If stevie gets injured now we are screwed.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:55 pm

McNultys Discopants wrote:It was keystone cops stuff! I mean FFS it's Rovers, they're scum - and they've previous form! Exact same was done in the 1st game of the season and they were slow to react then too.

Fire extinguisher on hand, put it out and job done - instead now we're left with what looks like pretty significant damage to the pitch. All could have been avoided with people taking speedier action.

The apparent lack of a contingency plan is all more puzzling when set against the fact that the club already forked out some serious money on replacing part of the pitch after a similar flare incident earlier this season
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Sneachta
Reserves
Reserves

Re: RE: Re: Dundalk V Shamrock Rovers | Sun 1 Oct | 4:45pm | Oriel Park | FAI Cup Semi-final

Postby Sneachta » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:12 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
McNultys Discopants wrote:It was keystone cops stuff! I mean FFS it's Rovers, they're scum - and they've previous form! Exact same was done in the 1st game of the season and they were slow to react then too.

The apparent lack of a contingency plan is all more puzzling when set against the fact that the club already forked out some serious money on replacing part of the pitch after a similar flare incident earlier this season
Are we allowed not to sell them any tickets for future games?

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: RE: Re: Dundalk V Shamrock Rovers | Sun 1 Oct | 4:45pm | Oriel Park | FAI Cup Semi-final

Postby Ezeikial » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:53 pm

Sneachta wrote:Are we allowed not to sell them any tickets for future games?

No - we cannot refuse them any tickets, but the option is there to limit the numbers.

I think the minimum percentage that must be provided is 15% of capacity - maybe that is not significantly less that the 850 tickets which Rovers say they received.
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:45 pm

15k worth of damage caused. I assume we will be billing Rovers for the damage?

magarnagle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby magarnagle » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:49 pm

dundalkfc1903 wrote:15k worth of damage caused. I assume we will be billing Rovers for the damage?

Withhold their share of the gate for a start, that's probably about 15k

sirjohntemple
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby sirjohntemple » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:51 pm

I’ve never understood this stuff about big teams being “flat track bullies” and “doing it against the dross but not turning up against direct rivals”. 90 % of the league is dross so big teams need to be beating the dross if they want to win anything.
We got a result away to Cork and just beat rovers in Tallaght to win a trophy. We are also 3in a row champions. This all goes to show that we can get results all over the league

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:07 am

We were lucky to get a draw in Cork and have 4 points from 18 in league matches against Cork and rovers, playing wretchedly in five of the six matches. Ours is a league where the head to heads generally decide the Champions
There's only one word for that - magic darts...

Sneachta
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Sneachta » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:09 am

El Paso wrote:We were lucky to get a draw in Cork and have 4 points from 18 in league matches against Cork and rovers, playing wretchedly in five of the six matches. Ours is a league where the head to heads generally decide the Champions
That's right we were terrible against rovers after Europe, and the league game in tallaght was a torrid affair. First game of the season was hard to watch as well. Unfortunately rivers probably will be there or there abbots next year

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:59 am

With news breaking this morning that the FAI and RTE went against the wishes of the Gardai in terms of kickoff, it's no surprise that Soccer Republic totally ignored all the trouble on last night's program. Even the tweets were left out.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:03 pm

Anyone know if the replay will be live on tv ?

Return to “General Discussion”