Shamrock Rovers V Dundalk | Tues 10 Oct | 7:45pm | Tallaght Stadium | FAI Cup Semi-final Replay

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Shamrock Rovers V Dundalk | Tues 10 Oct | 7:45pm | Tallaght Stadium | FAI Cup Semi-final Replay

Postby oldfogey » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:54 am

White Horse wrote:
Wexford White wrote:Great team performance!
Was Vemmelund injured?

Yes, but I thought a natural left back coming on improved things. Rovers got no joy down their right when Grimes came on.

Watched Stephen Kenny's interview last night and he confirmed that neither Vemmelund, Stewart or Shields were fit enough to play. They all insisted on playing a part however. Messrs Kerins and Rice are starting to take on legendary status in terms of getting guys back from injury.

Sneachta
Reserves
Reserves

Re: RE: Re: Shamrock Rovers V Dundalk | Tues 10 Oct | 7:45pm | Tallaght Stadium | FAI Cup Semi-final Replay

Postby Sneachta » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:55 am

White Horse wrote:
Wexford White wrote:Great team performance!
Was Vemmelund injured?

Yes, but I thought a natural left back coming on improved things. Rovers got no joy down their right when Grimes came on.
I agree totally. In the same breath he got roasted a couple of times. Played a role in two of the goals though.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Shamrock Rovers V Dundalk | Tues 10 Oct | 7:45pm | Tallaght Stadium | FAI Cup Semi-final Replay

Postby White Horse » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:07 am

What a performance by Jamie McGrath. Fought like a terrier and imaginative in his movement and passing. If anyone ever doubted (not me) that he is a Dundalk player, his performance last night should end that debate.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:48 am

I see our loaned players tweeting their congratulations o the win. If our injury crises continues, is there a possibility that Barrett, Poynton and C O'Connor could come back into the squad for the final?

Sneachta
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Sneachta » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:02 am

Michael O'Connor didn't tweet....oh wait!

Silly celebration but I understand why players do it. They want to prove a point and it is one man against the shed side army. There is only one winner!

Perhaps he should've signed for Redeemer! One of the funniest I've heard!

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:04 am

dundalkfc1903 wrote:I see our loaned players tweeting their congratulations o the win. If our injury crises continues, is there a possibility that Barrett, Poynton and C O'Connor could come back into the squad for the final?

It would appear not. Nothing to prevent them being a member of the group but it looks like they cannot register back until the next window.

Extract from FAI Rule Book July 2017

RULE 42. LOAN OF PROFESSIONALS
1. A Professional may be loaned to another club on the basis of a written agreement between him and the
clubs concerned. Any such loan is subject to the same rules as apply to the transfer of Players, including
the provisions on training compensation and solidarity mechanism.
2. Subject to Rule 35 the minimum period of loan shall be the time between two (2) Registration Periods.
3. The club that has accepted a Player on a loan basis is not entitled to transfer him to a third club without the
written authorisation of the club that released the Player on loan and of the Player concerned.

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby White Horse » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:09 am

Sneachta wrote:Michael O'Connor didn't tweet....oh wait!

Silly celebration but I understand why players do it. They want to prove a point and it is one man against the shed side army. There is only one winner!

Not as embarrassing as kissing the Rovers badge in his first competitive game.

Johnnybegood33
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:02 am

Some Dundalk man , he is.

0rl
Reserves
Reserves

Postby 0rl » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:16 am

dundalkfc1903 wrote:Full game here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3vcu9T888U&sns=fb

Rovers tried to kick and bully their way to a cup final.
There's a bit more to professional football than that 'Bradser'

2:13:40 in that youtube clip for the "skirmish" on the sideline :-)

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm

Sneachta wrote:Michael O'Connor didn't tweet....oh wait!

Perhaps he should've signed for Redeemer! One of the funniest I've heard!

Actions like his always have the potential to come back and bite him on the arse which it did last night... Look at the difference between him and Finn. Finn got dogs abuse every game this season and he just accepts it as part of the game and when he scored he goes to his own fans. Now if o'connor had scored a winner I could understand why he did it as it was a defining moment in the game. But not at the time he did it last night.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:08 pm

White Horse wrote:What a performance by Jamie McGrath. Fought like a terrier and imaginative in his movement and passing. If anyone ever doubted (not me) that he is a Dundalk player, his performance last night should end that debate.

Without a shadow of doubt his best game for the club. He was for me motm last night. Chased and harried everything.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:13 pm

Rovers are a club rotten to the core... great beating them. We played very well last night. We had 20 shots on goal in the game. They had half that. They are a bang average side who resort to hoof ball and try to bully and kick teams off the pitch. We stuck to our ethos and played football the right way all night long. Thy kicked connolly out of the game. Where did we find the energy from in extra time we looked dead on our feet. Mcmillan was class last night, the entire defence played very well but I thought gannon went asleep to let Shaw ahead of him to cross for o'connors goal which to be fair was a fantastic header. But what a goal from skip. Exceptional support again last night. Rovers did everything they could to antagoniselite dundalk. Toilets mysteriously broken, no out of order and then why did they not open the upper rows of the stand?

Townfan7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Townfan7 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:10 pm

One of the best nights following Dundalk FC. A masterclass from Stephen O' Donnell start to finish. Where did that 2nd half extra time come from ? I'll remember this victory till my last breath, magnificent team effort.

Rovers did all to defy Dundalk their rightful place in the cup final on & off the park & they need a long & hard look at themselves as well as hanging their heads in shame. Never a nice club & never will be.

3 in a row to the Aviva with Cork City, what a final to look forward too.

Finally, I have to say this, " OH WHAT A NIGHT"

C'MON THE TOWN:

Jim Murphy
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Jim Murphy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:31 pm

Dave McMillan has scored 5 FAI Cup goals in the 2017 season: one each against Derry, Crumlin, Drogheda and two in the Rovers replay.
This equals the club record of 5 cup campaign goals held jointly by Jerry McCourt (1930/31), Ronnie Henderson (1948/49), Johnny Fearon and Joe Martin (both 1952/53) and Gary Haylock (2001/02).
Hope he makes the half dozen.

cooney
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby cooney » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:11 pm

RTEs put up a HD highlight package gentlemen enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpMwwcIAAfM

Return to “General Discussion”