2018 Season - Fixtures & Season Review

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: 2018 Season - Fixtures & Season Review

Postby Sneachta » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:17 pm

Didn't even waste my money on a programme. I only spend it for Kenny's programme notes and the spectator in Oriel. Always a great read .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

dell1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby dell1 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:35 pm

Well its a souvenir of the day more than anything. Not a whole load or reading in it, nothing like the quality of our own programme that were are spoiled with in Oriel!!! One little thing that I though was great was that we were chatting to a bunch of lads that had travelled over from Loughrea for the game. They said they had a full coach with them due to the Hoban connection. The reach and appeal of Dundalk is well beyond the North East!

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: 2018 Season - Fixtures

Postby mike » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:27 pm

dell1 wrote:
mike wrote:The excellent Eamonn Sweeney, a big LOI fan has a really good article about Dundalk in the Sun Indo sports supplement today. Can’t find it online, but it’s worth buying the paper alone for it.

If its the same as the print edition I read yesterday I thought it was a very poor piece with a good few errors. Talking about the 3rd consecutive final between the 2 clubs for example, A rambling filler piece by a usually very good Journalist. The article on Sean Gannon inside the sporting supplement was excellent!

edit: not the same piece above as the print edition.

Talking about silly errors I wish the FAI would go and reverse the Drogheda and Dundalk crests so they are in the correct position on the printed map in the match programme yesterday. Its not a particularly big deal just typically and unnecessarily sloppy and it was the same in last years programme.

I was talking about the sun Indo article 2 weeks ago not yesterday.

dell1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby dell1 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:44 pm

Opps! Apologies Mike, I didnt look at the date of your post and the article yesterday was in the mind and I put 2 and 2 together. I was surprised at the article yesterday as it wouldnt be expected of Sweeney to be so off the mark by his usual standards

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby colymull » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:34 am

dell1 wrote:Well its a souvenir of the day more than anything. Not a whole load or reading in it, nothing like the quality of our own programme that were are spoiled with in Oriel!!! One little thing that I though was great was that we were chatting to a bunch of lads that had travelled over from Loughrea for the game. They said they had a full coach with them due to the Hoban connection. The reach and appeal of Dundalk is well beyond the North East!

I’m the same, I just get it as a souvenir of a winning day, last years went in the bin!!! But you’re right though about not much reading. I sat down last night with a cup of coffee to give it a read and was done in less than 10 minutes!!
King Kenny!

Return to “General Discussion”