UEFA Europa League 2018-19

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1254
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:46 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: UEFA Europa League 2018-19

Postby Shoco » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:59 pm

DundalkChampions wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:
Shoco wrote:Maybe, just maybe, they didn't know when UEFA was going to confirm the dates?


Of course that is a possibility and I have already acknowledged my assumption that there was likely to have been a good reason (such as not getting confirmation from UEFA ss you suggest)

My point is about leaving people in the dark when most would have expected confirmation to happen on Wednesday afternoon.

Updating people on the current situation with a simple twitter message would take all of a few seconds and would show proper consideration for supporters


The club stated on Tuesday, as soon as dates are confirmed they would let people know.

You wanted them to state on Wednesday that they still were not confirmed?

Strange


This,

Some people you just can't please



Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4802
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:00 am
Has thanked: 156 times
Been thanked: 327 times

Re: UEFA Europa League 2018-19

Postby Ezeikial » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:08 pm

DundalkChampions wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:
Shoco wrote:Maybe, just maybe, they didn't know when UEFA was going to confirm the dates?


Of course that is a possibility and I have already acknowledged my assumption that there was likely to have been a good reason (such as not getting confirmation from UEFA ss you suggest)

My point is about leaving people in the dark when most would have expected confirmation to happen on Wednesday afternoon.

Updating people on the current situation with a simple twitter message would take all of a few seconds and would show proper consideration for supporters


The club stated on Tuesday, as soon as dates are confirmed they would let people know.

You wanted them to state on Wednesday that they still were not confirmed?

Strange


The draw was on Weds. Its normal that confirmation happens same day.

If there is a departure from the norm, it would be reasonable to update people on the latest expectations for confirmation, so people can make informed decisions on flight bookings.

The club had some indication on weds about when confirmation would happen, but chose not to let supporters know.

A tweet make take all of 10 seconds to compile
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4802
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:00 am
Has thanked: 156 times
Been thanked: 327 times

Re: UEFA Europa League 2018-19

Postby Ezeikial » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:15 pm

Shoco wrote:
This,

Some people you just can't please



A high proportion of your posts are either dismissive, or an attempt to ridicule.

Why is that?

If you have a substantive point to make that is useful to the discussion, please make it instead of this personalised nonsense
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

User avatar
McNultys Discopants
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 265
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:54 am
Location: Dundalk
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: UEFA Europa League 2018-19

Postby McNultys Discopants » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:36 pm

Ezeikial wrote:A tweet make take all of 10 seconds to compile


While this may be true how would the club inform other people who have real lives and who chose not to waste their time with social media?

transitvan74
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:07 pm
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: UEFA Europa League 2018-19

Postby transitvan74 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:57 pm

local radio

transitvan74
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:07 pm
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: UEFA Europa League 2018-19

Postby transitvan74 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:15 pm

dundalk champions, seems a lot of posters on here are strange or full of nonsense just because of what they think doesent match your take on things , its strange or nonsense because you say it is, what are you a key board bully ,

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1254
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:46 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: UEFA Europa League 2018-19

Postby Shoco » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:42 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
Shoco wrote:
This,

Some people you just can't please



A high proportion of your posts are either dismissive, or an attempt to ridicule.

Why is that?

If you have a substantive point to make that is useful to the discussion, please make it instead of this personalised nonsense


Why is that? It's because a high proportion of your posts are constant whinging and moaning that the club doesn't do what you think it should do.

You expected the club to issue an update saying there is no update! Maybe you should ask for your old role back to provide us with such updates!

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4802
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:00 am
Has thanked: 156 times
Been thanked: 327 times

Re: UEFA Europa League 2018-19

Postby Ezeikial » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:16 pm

Shoco wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:
Shoco wrote:
This,

Some people you just can't please



A high proportion of your posts are either dismissive, or an attempt to ridicule.

Why is that?

If you have a substantive point to make that is useful to the discussion, please make it instead of this personalised nonsense


Why is that? It's because a high proportion of your posts are constant whinging and moaning that the club doesn't do what you think it should do.

You expected the club to issue an update saying there is no update! Maybe you should ask for your old role back to provide us with such updates!


It's hard to take you seriously when you appear to accept that you are dismissive or try to ridicule people simply because you don't like any post that you think is critical of the club.

I have already clearly explained and clarified my view about the effects of the absence of communication from the club in the 48 hours following the draw. Maybe you are not travelling and see it as having no relevance to you or you have some other reason for disagreeing. That's fine with me, but if you disagree with something or have an alternative point of view, why not try to articulate it in a sensible, rational manner without the inflammatory and personalised approach?
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4802
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:00 am
Has thanked: 156 times
Been thanked: 327 times

Re: UEFA Europa League 2018-19

Postby Ezeikial » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:52 pm

Gavin McLaughlin
@DundalkSport

Levadia Tallinn played their final game this evening before they meet Dundalk in the Europa League next month, struggling to a 12-0 win against non league Soccernet in the Estonian Cup.


https://twitter.com/DundalkSport/status ... 2534204416
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

User avatar
punkha
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 887
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:08 pm
Location: dundalk
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: UEFA Europa League 2018-19

Postby punkha » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:03 pm

I don't think its unreasonable to have expected the club to have issued a further update especially the following day.
Maye im wrong but I cant remember it taking 2 days before and i think most fans when they didn't hear anything else on the day of the draw just presumed it was the dates widely reported.
Would have been some crack if announced 2 days later the fixtures swapped around as nearly everybody i know booked flights within a few hours of the draw!

Martin Lawlor80
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:58 pm
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: UEFA Europa League 2018-19

Postby Martin Lawlor80 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:01 am

punkha wrote:I don't think its unreasonable to have expected the club to have issued a further update especially the following day.
Maye im wrong but I cant remember it taking 2 days before and i think most fans when they didn't hear anything else on the day of the draw just presumed it was the dates widely reported.
Would have been some crack if announced 2 days later the fixtures swapped around as nearly everybody i know booked flights within a few hours of the draw!


But if the club aren’t informed of the fixtures by UEFA there’s nothing that can add.The club did state that it advised fans not to book until things had be finalised. Much as we all would want it to give us a heads up, the club has to be professional and wait for official word from the governing body.

Uriel
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:35 am
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: UEFA Europa League 2018-19

Postby Uriel » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:47 am

Getting very side tracked here from what should be an occasion to look forward to.

In fairness to the club they have issues to work out too. They need probably at least 15 hotel rooms to cater for players and staff (more if you add in travelling fans on charter etc). There's a certain level of criteria involved with their booking as I'm sure the hotel needs to provide additional amenities to players such as pre match meal, briefing room etc. Might seem basic but putting out dates could lead to unavailability of some requirements due to fans booking or, more likely, increased costs as we all know hotels put up prices too when they see demand. We are still thin on the ground from a staff point of view to organise these matters whereas other European clubs would have a specialist sorting these things. I'm only speculating on all of this of course but you can't blame the club for putting the team first.

User avatar
magarnagle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 643
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:54 am
Location: Dublin
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: UEFA Europa League 2018-19

Postby magarnagle » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:00 pm

Feel like I've just opened a thread from 2017 and 2016,2015....

DundalkChampions
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:25 pm
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: UEFA Europa League 2018-19

Postby DundalkChampions » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:57 pm

punkha wrote:I don't think its unreasonable to have expected the club to have issued a further update especially the following day.
Maye im wrong but I cant remember it taking 2 days before and i think most fans when they didn't hear anything else on the day of the draw just presumed it was the dates widely reported.
Would have been some crack if announced 2 days later the fixtures swapped around as nearly everybody i know booked flights within a few hours of the draw!


Il say it in simple English.

Wednesday draw was made, club announced DO NOT BOOK ANYTHING untill offical confirmation of ties is confirmed. Club stated they would announce times dates as SOON AS THEY WERE CONFIRMED

Friday, dates were offially confirmed. CLUB ANNOUNCED IT

Did you really want an announcement on Thursday saying, NO UPDATE PLEASE WAIT

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 3918
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:27 pm
Has thanked: 81 times
Been thanked: 96 times

Re: UEFA Europa League 2018-19

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:09 pm

Tickets on sale for season ticket holders Monday @ 12 for Levadia Tallinn. General sale Wednesday.

Well done to the club for not increasing ticket prices given the additional cost of hosting a European game.


Return to “General Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests