UEFA Europa League 2018-19

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Smokie
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: UEFA Europa League 2018-19

Postby Smokie » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:13 pm

dundalkfc1903 wrote:Tickets on sale for season ticket holders Monday @ 12 for Levadia Tallinn. General sale Wednesday.

Well done to the club for not increasing ticket prices given the additional cost of hosting a European game.

They get a Few hundred grand for playing the tie. More than covers any additional costs.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:17 pm

Smokie wrote:
dundalkfc1903 wrote:Tickets on sale for season ticket holders Monday @ 12 for Levadia Tallinn. General sale Wednesday.

Well done to the club for not increasing ticket prices given the additional cost of hosting a European game.

They get a Few hundred grand for playing the tie. More than covers any additional costs.

True, but ticket prices for European games have been above league game prices for years. This is a welcome change from the norm.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:43 pm

+1

The club could easily have increased pricing but chose not to - fair play
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Robbiedundalk2 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:59 am

Ezeikial wrote:

+1

The club could easily have increased pricing but chose not to - fair play

+2 the club also need the money to help us keep moving forward like we are doing

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: RE: Re: UEFA Europa League 2018-19

Postby Sneachta » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:52 am

Smokie wrote:

They could do with spending money on extra security for a start. Sick of looking at the back of goons heads standing in the way blocking views. Should be in their seats. It also takes a good few quid to accommodate wheelchair users properly. Another disgrace that needs to be fixed. So yes fair play to the club for not hiking the price even though they clearly need the cash to improve things..... Which is clear for all to see

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneachta » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:52 am

Smokie wrote:

They could do with spending money on extra security for a start. Sick of looking at the back of goons heads standing in the way blocking views. Should be in their seats. It also takes a good few quid to accommodate wheelchair users properly. Another disgrace that needs to be fixed. So yes fair play to the club for not hiking the price even though they clearly need the cash to improve things..... Which is clear for all to see

transitvan74
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby transitvan74 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:08 pm

well thats a new one,seating security ,theres no end to the pc regime in oriel these days

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:49 pm

transitvan74 wrote:well thats a new one,seating security ,theres no end to the pc regime in oriel these days

Plenty of giving out shed side on Friday night about people standing...

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneachta » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:13 pm

transitvan74 wrote:well thats a new one,seating security ,theres no end to the pc regime in oriel these days
It's only matter of time before one of the t**s trips on the steps on the way up to block people's views. Puts a claim in. I suppose you have a pc remark about that too.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

transitvan74
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby transitvan74 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:18 am

what did all the pc brigade do when there was no seats in the shedside or the terraces, ? now because there is seats people are going to start falling over these so called steps and claim ,there is any amount of obsatcles in oriel park you could fall over if you are the claiming type,plenty of people like standing to watch the game ,as they have done so for years,personally if was sitting and couldnt see due to people standing in front ,i would do one obvious thing {move}

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneachta » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:22 am

I never mentioned the shed. To be fair, I left that side of the ground years ago when me 75 year old father was pushed out of the way with larriers carrying cans and bottles shouting the line "I've been here all year". You know people stand in places they shouldn't all over the ground? You reference the shed which I cannot refer to as I have not been there in years.

ArFella
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby ArFella » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:01 am

I don't like repeatedly knocking the club and how it's run, but how are people supposed to get tickets for this when the office hours are 10-4:30? I know it's mostly part-time staff but surely you make a few provisions to have someone there for a hour in the evening so people who work 9-5 can get tickets.
Mon the Town!

stillkeith
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby stillkeith » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:23 am

ArFella wrote:I don't like repeatedly knocking the club and how it's run, but how are people supposed to get tickets for this when the office hours are 10-4:30? I know it's mostly part-time staff but surely you make a few provisions to have someone there for a hour in the evening so people who work 9-5 can get tickets.
I've always just called the office and asked for the tickets. Then collected them when I could or got someone else to collect them.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:28 am

stillkeith wrote:
ArFella wrote:I don't like repeatedly knocking the club and how it's run, but how are people supposed to get tickets for this when the office hours are 10-4:30? I know it's mostly part-time staff but surely you make a few provisions to have someone there for a hour in the evening so people who work 9-5 can get tickets.
I've always just called the office and asked for the tickets. Then collected them when I could or got someone else to collect them.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

The Oriel Park office staff are brilliant and effortlessly go the extra distance to help.
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:08 pm

ArFella wrote:The group for our possible opponents in round 3 if we get past Larnaca, draw at 11:45 today on uefa.com

Group 1:
1 Ajax (NED) v Sturm Graz (AUT)
2 Maccabi Tel-Aviv (ISR) v Radnicki Niš (SRB)
3 HNK Rijeka (CRO)
4 Aberdeen (SCO) v Burnley (ENG)
5 Zenit (RUS)

6 Tobol Kostanay (KAZ) v Pyunik (ARM)
7 Dunajská Streda (SVK) v Dinamo Minsk (BLR)
8 St. Gallen (SUI) v Sarpsborg (NOR)
9 Dundalk (IRL) v AEK Larnaca(CYP)
10 İstanbul Başakşehir (TUR)

Looks like the toughest group we could have gotten, probably hoping for HNK or Maccabi/Radnicki.

Perhaps the possible QFR3 draw discussion might be neater in this thread, keeping the Larnaca thread seperate?

We will not fear any team, but if we are to progress to this round, while we might like to avoid to big guns of Ajax, Burnley and Zenit a trip to Austria Serbia or Croatia has its attractions

Return to “General Discussion”